Radek Vitek

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still only 16 and IMO has all the tools to become a very good keeper. I'm quite excited to see how he develops in the coming seasons and this thread will hopefully chart his rise to challenging for a first team spot in the future.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
MOTM display from him earlier, and for me he's potentially the most talented youngster I've seen in the youth ranks for the position he plays. He's showing the potential to be a absolutely dominant presence in goal, which is not a surprise due to his size. I think he might be bigger than our first team keepers.

His distribution was something I felt was a weakness but he's still very young (Only turned 18) and there's ample time for him to improve in that regard. He's a top prospect IMO.

Demaw

Agree Adnan, have been really impressed with him the past 18 months. He is a massive unit and that always helps. Yet, he gets down low and shows great reflexes for such a big kid. He's passing is quite good. i saw a game recently where really pressed and he calmly passed it away.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is he proactive enough or rather stick to his line?
And also how is his shotstoping?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's proactive and a very good shot stopper for his age. He's a goalkeeper of the 'commanding presence' type IMO.
So more akin to big pete then Dave?
If that's the case then I would love for him to make it especially seeing as how he is an academy lad

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
He has been getting better and better ( and bigger and bigger). Looks the real deal

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been improving but I think Kovar's the best I've ever seen at that level, for United at least. Vitek is talented and has potential for sure, he's got a bit of the van der Sar vibe about him whereas Kovar reminds me a bit more of de Gea.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A keeper for me has to be proactive in his play at the very least in a team that wants to implement a progressive brand of football. So what I mean by proactive is that a keeper should at the very least look to command the box from crosses/set-pieces IMO, aswell as being capable on the ball. De Gea being rooted to his line isn't conducive for a team that wants to implement a progressive style and his reactive nature suits teams that play a reactive style IMO, hence he's even been dropped by his national team head coach Enrique, who is a very progressive forward thinking coach.

The sheer size of Vitek along with his shot stopping make him the best keeper prospect I've seen at the club, (bar isn't high). If he can show a consistency
when it comes to handling, command of box along with distribution, then I think he has a real chance. He's also a very brave keeper and good at narrowing down the space in 1v1 scenarios due to his sheer size.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
He's been improving but I think Kovar's the best I've ever seen at that level, for United at least. Vitek is talented and has potential for sure, he's got a bit of the van der Sar vibe about him whereas Kovar reminds me a bit more of de Gea.
That's interesting. They are both outstanding prospects but obviously they are competing for one spot. It will be interesting to see who develops most.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
A keeper for me has to be proactive in his play at the very least in a team that wants to implement a progressive brand of football. So what I mean by proactive is that a keeper should at the very least look to command the box from crosses/set-pieces IMO, aswell as being capable on the ball. De Gea being rooted to his line isn't conducive for a team that wants to implement a progressive style and his reactive nature suits teams that play a reactive style IMO, hence he's even been dropped by his national team head coach Enrique, who is a very progressive forward thinking coach.

The sheer size of Vitek along with his shot stopping make him the best keeper prospect I've seen at the club, (bar isn't high). If he can show a consistency
when it comes to handling, command of box along with distribution, then I think he has a real chance. He's also a very brave keeper and good at narrowing down the space in 1v1 scenarios due to his sheer size.
I keep hearing this a lot, but I actually think a high line would favor DDG in the sense that he doesn't have to come out and collect crosses all the time. It would also mean Harry doesn't have to be the first name on the team sheet just because he's insane in the air.

Anyway I really hope we'll start developing and coaching the youth teams to play the same way as the first team.
We've developed quite a lot of good GKs over the years, but if I'm not mistaken they're all of the pure shot stopper ilk.

Bigsid

I keep hearing this a lot, but I actually think a high line would favor DDG in the sense that he doesn't have to come out and collect crosses all the time. It would also mean Harry doesn't have to be the first name on the team sheet just because he's insane in the air.

Anyway I really hope we'll start developing and coaching the youth teams to play the same way as the first team.
We've developed quite a lot of good GKs over the years, but if I'm not mistaken they're all of the pure shot stopper ilk.
Remind me again what is the style in the first team we've developed to be replicated?

Demaw

His size and agility is amazing and hoping he is the kid we can bring through. Bit like Donna in Italy at the time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Timing wise he’s on schedule. Dean won’t last much longer and frankly isn’t good enough anyway. By the time De Gea’s done Vitek may have a chance.

Demaw

Timing wise he’s on schedule. Dean won’t last much longer and frankly isn’t good enough anyway. By the time De Gea’s done Vitek may have a chance.
I'm really hoping so. glazer would be happy to not forking out 50 million on a keeper.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm really hoping so. glazer would be happy to not forking out 50 million on a keeper.
This response is getting a little boring tbh. Any owner with even the remotest bit of sense would be happy to not have to fork out £50m if they don’t have to.

Crick

About £20m.
I think Henderson's worth more than that. I expect the board will start by ask for £35-40m and will expect at least Ramsdale's price when clubs enquire, which was £24 rising to £32. Henderson was rated higher than Ramsdale during his time at Sheffield United. They will haggle hard as I don't think they want him to go and would prefer to keep him even if he goes back on loan. He will only leave if he wants to.

Henderson hasn't done a lot wrong. It was getting long covid that has hurt him the most and set him back. His future will depend on the next manager, some of them may prefer to give him another chance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Henderson's worth more than that. I expect the board will start by ask for £35-40m and will expect at least Ramsdale's price when clubs enquire, which was £24 rising to £32. Henderson was rated higher than Ramsdale during his time at Sheffield United. They will haggle hard as I don't think they want him to go and would prefer to keep him even if he goes back on loan. He will only leave if he wants to.

Henderson hasn't done a lot wrong. It was getting long covid that has hurt him the most and set him back. His future will depend on the next manager, some of them may prefer to give him another chance.
He’s just not that good. That’s what I’d value him at, but I’m aware that we would likely ask more. Something about him being English.

He wasn’t anything special at Sheffield United either in my opinion, and has not shown the required level thus far with us to me. He’s an alright goalkeeper. Who the football narrative/storyline has been kind to, and elevated his status.

Crick

He’s just not that good. That’s what I’d value him at, but I’m aware that we would likely ask more. Something about him being English.

He wasn’t anything special at Sheffield United either in my opinion, and has not shown the required level thus far with us to me. He’s an alright goalkeeper. Who the football narrative/storyline has been kind to, and elevated his status.
None of our goalkeepers are what's required. We need a modern sweeper keeper to move forward as a team.

Caesar2290

Thought he played well yesterday.

Looks very tall, but is very agile as well. A very rare trait in GKs. He also looks super comfortable in his body and looks very assured. Seems to know a thing or two about passing the ball.

I get VDS vibes from him. If he can be half the GK the Dutchman was, we are set for the next decade.

Also that rushing out of the 6 yard box to claim the ball looks very :drool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looks very tall, but is very agile as well. A very rare trait in GKs. He also looks super comfortable in his body and looks very assured. Seems to know a thing or two about passing the ball.

I get VDS vibes from him. If he can be half the GK the Dutchman was, we are set for the next decade.
Agreed mate. He definitely has the stature and attributes that are very interesting for a keeper. I've never been as impressed by a young keeper at United as I've been with watching Vitek. The next few years of his development will be interesting to follow.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Also that rushing out of the 6 yard box to claim the ball looks very :drool:
He’s 6’6!

Bojan Djordjic

It's the simple things in that clip like claiming crosses, extinguishing danger before it materialises by coming off his line and having some accuracy with his long passing that really stand out in those clips.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's the simple things in that clip like claiming crosses, extinguishing danger before it materialises by coming off his line and having some accuracy with his long passing that really stand out in those clips.
Completely agree. It's stuff like command of the area, coming off the line and distribution that really stands out. He'll likely make mistakes attempting to be proactive, but making those mistakes and learning from the mistakes is what will shape him as a keeper in the long-term imo.

Demaw

Love his height and comes off his line. What's not to love. I've been a bit fan for a while and he moves really good for such a big kid. he is good with his feet and looked fine there. Hoping he is our new GK in 2 years. Sell Hendo for 30 and put Vitek as number two.

Caesar2290

Missed the first 85 minutes today. Aside from that penaly save, didn't see much of him. How did he play?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Missed the first 85 minutes today. Aside from that penaly save, didn't see much of him. How did he play?
He wasn't really tested for the majority of the game. Dortmund were playing on the counter attack and Bynoe-Gittens took advantage of a lack of pace in our CBs, who are both not very good at defending a large space.

Caesar2290

He wasn't really tested for the majority of the game. Dortmund were playing on the counter attack and Bynoe-Gittens took advantage of a lack of pace in our CBs, who are both not very good at defending a large space.
How did he look when commanding the area, claiming crosses, organizing the defence, etc?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How did he look when commanding the area, claiming crosses, organizing the defence, etc?
He did the regulation stuff well imo. But it wasn't a game where he was tested in that way, very much.

Dortmind's keeper was much more involved.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he played well yesterday and completely agree with @jb8521 below.
I think this kid could be the complete package as a keeper. There's still a long way to go and much to learn, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw him playing in the EPL some day. Hopefully it's for United but the road is long for a young keeper and many obstacles/hurdles to navigate.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I thought he played well yesterday and completely agree with @jb8521 below.
I think this kid could be the complete package as a keeper. There's still a long way to go and much to learn, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw him playing in the EPL some day. Hopefully it's for United but the road is long for a young keeper and many obstacles/hurdles to navigate.

How's his ball playing compared to say ederson.