Rafa Benitez | Sacked (Fachts)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It's interesting with Rafa.
I mean I always liked Townsend from his Newcastle days, but he always rather disappointed. I am wondering if this will be a one-off or if he has more surprises in his locker.
Also it's very untypical of Burnley to fall apart like that.
Townsend will disappear for the rest of the year. Almost every year he scores a banger and then his performances drop off so much where you wont even notice he is on the field.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
And the very next game it's back to normal....
The mistake he made today was bringing Rondon off. Up until that point we were on par with Villa and unlucky not to be leading tbf. After that though Villa have deserved to win. Doesn't help that 3 of our starting 11 got cunted by Burnley on Monday either.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The mistake he made today was bringing Rondon off. Up until that point we were on par with Villa and unlucky not to be leading tbf. After that though Villa have deserved to win. Doesn't help that 3 of our starting 11 got cunted by Burnley on Monday either.
Don't get me wrong, I think you'll do ok. I just think the praise was mad after 4 games, especially how you started last season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don't get me wrong, I think you'll do ok. I just think the praise was mad after 4 games, especially how you started last season.
I don’t remember the praise being mad. I think it was more the fact that most Everton fans were so adamant that they didn’t want him / lots of people said it was weird that he’s going to us after being at Liverpool (still is) and they saw it as a bit of vindication that he started us off well.

Personally I think he’s doing exactly what I thought he’d do. Tick along with some good results and some bad ones. I don’t think today is anything to be worried about though. We had a lot of our starting 11 out and we looked tactically comfortable before the individual mistakes / poor sub.

Pavl3n

Did Everton make 4 subs this last game? Our is my stats page throwing me off?

Pavl3n

They got an extra sub because a Villa player (McGinn) went off as a concussion sub.
That's right. He got off in the first half after something bothered him around the eye. I didn't realise it's concussion substitute.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
It's okay - the criticism after one loss will be over the top in the other direction, balancing out :lol: :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t remember the praise being mad. I think it was more the fact that most Everton fans were so adamant that they didn’t want him / lots of people said it was weird that he’s going to us after being at Liverpool (still is) and they saw it as a bit of vindication that he started us off well.

Personally I think he’s doing exactly what I thought he’d do. Tick along with some good results and some bad ones. I don’t think today is anything to be worried about though. We had a lot of our starting 11 out and we looked tactically comfortable before the individual mistakes / poor sub.
Between a few posts on here, & the love in on the likes of Talksport, it was going a bit mad, but to be fair, it wasn't really coming from Everton fans themselves.

Appreciate you guys were missing a few players, we were the same at the start of the season & got slaughtered for it. It does make a big difference with teams at that level.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Would rafa be good for us ?
No. I actually rate Rafa as a manager, but there are some big concerns:

1. His dictatorial approach wouldn't work on Ronaldo. They already fell out at Real because of it.

2. The Liverpool connection isn't something the fans would easily ignore. He'd be under pressure to deliver right away; if he got off to a poor start, things would get ugly. Even if he did well, I don't think a large portion of the fanbase would ever accept him.

3. Fans wouldn't like his defensive style of play.

Irwin99

Would rafa be good for us ?
No, no, god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think he's a very good tactician but I've had my fill of boring managers where the end justifies the means. Think he could do well with Everton so longs as the fans stay on board with him and don't mind the dour football.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
No. I actually rate Rafa as a manager, but there are some big concerns:

1. His dictatorial approach wouldn't work on Ronaldo. They already fell out at Real because of it.

2. The Liverpool connection isn't something the fans would easily ignore. He'd be under pressure to deliver right away; if he got off to a poor start, things would get ugly. Even if he did well, I don't think a large portion of the fanbase would ever accept him.

3. Fans wouldn't like his defensive style of play.
1. Even SAF had a dictatorial approach and he managed ronaldo.

2. He's already managing everton.

3. All our managers since SAF have been defensive. We play McFred in the middle with four defenders behind them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Somehow mugged up leading twice at home to Watford.

Get the feeling after the decent start it's balancing out already and natives at Goodison will be getting very restless, are they playing Liverpool soon?

Benitez probably back managing Newcastle next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Get the feeling after the decent start it's balancing out already and natives at Goodison will be getting very restless, are they playing Liverpool soon?

They started this well (probably even better) under Ancelotti before going to shit too — I think it’s such a weird club because the fan expectation doesn’t seem to match the level of where the club is actually at right now

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Wednesday December 1 at Goodison.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I’m not too worried yet. We have been playing without our two best players (Richarlison and DCL) for a while who are huge losses and it’s frustrating that we have now lost Doucoure for a while because they all started the season well. I think we need a full window with some money spent but the Rondon signing was awful, he’s a classic example of why you shouldn’t base signings of how they were before for you.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's the likelihood of him getting sacked and taking the Newcastle job?
Huge.

Think when there was takeover talk about 18 months ago he was their number one choice as they obviously know it would be instant win of 1) proven top level manager and 2) someone loved by geordie crowd.

Given some of the bizarre stuff we've seen down the years in football it wouldn't shock me if they kept Graeme Jones in charge for a while just in case Everton's results really decline and they sack him around the time Marco Silva went (although Everton were bottom 3 so quite a way off that).

Everton got a run now of Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal home and Wolves, Man. City and Brentford away up to 6th December so don't really see many wins there.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s probably far fetched, but I wonder if there is stuff moving behind the scenes already. Maybe the players know something…

That was the collapse of a team that couldn’t be bothered at the end.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’s probably far fetched, but I wonder if there is stuff moving behind the scenes already. Maybe the players know something…

That was the collapse of a team that couldn’t be bothered at the end.
In the long run it would be best for all parties. He knows before too long he'll be getting hammered by Everton faithful due to his past and now results are starting to turn so why toil away there for a couple of years while he'd be back to being adored at Newcastle regardless of results (and with a much much bigger budget).

Everton probably should've gone for Potter although no idea if he'd walk out on Brighton mid season

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
[QUOTE="FootballHQ, post: 27954355, member: 110764"

Everton probably should've gone for Potter although no idea if he'd walk out on Brighton mid season
[/QUOTE]

I could be mistaken but I heard he was sounded out for the Tottenham job and turned them down. I think he’s the type who wants to make his mark on the club before leaving. He only left Swansea because of how bad the board is.

I could be totally wrong though!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
In the long run it would be best for all parties. He knows before too long he'll be getting hammered by Everton faithful due to his past and now results are starting to turn so why toil away there for a couple of years while he'd be back to being adored at Newcastle regardless of results (and with a much much bigger budget).

Yeah, I think it is an uneasy marriage now because they know where he would rather be, and, if results turn, there really is no reason for both parties to continue. I could see the change being done before the January window.

I think Everton would be the next logical step for Potter. He isn’t ready to jump into a job like United, despite what some people on here say. Everton has been a bit of a poison chalice of late. So if he could go there and get them going, it would be a gateway into the very top jobs.

Pep's Suit

He's a dinosaur who's been in decline for 10 years now. Doesn't make any sense for Everton or even Newcastle. Let him coach a midtable Liga club and compete with Pellegrini, that's his level now.

Chairman Steve

As someone said previously, this is standard Benitez. Hypothetically gets a massive away win against a legit good team and follows it up by looking distinctly mediocre at home, losing against some mid to lower table team. Rinse and repeat.

Pep's Suit

1 win from last 8 soon and showed absolutely zero ambitions against City. Terrible.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They should get rid.
Maybe wait for our situation to be sorted first, wouldn't out it past us to let Everton get a decent manager in before we do - or worse, our board thinking Benitez would be a good interim for us...

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
The only PL manager I have seen in a pub in Cologne , always liked him since then.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Zero clue why he took the job, he's on a hiding to nothing and all the legitimate reasons for their struggles (he inherited an awful team and had to sign frees in the summer, they've had a terrible injury crisis to key players) will never wash with the fans because of who he is.

It was an awful job for him to accept.

BorisManUtd

Everton should keep him until the rest of the season (unless results get really bad) and then go for Potter. Would be a new challenge and next step for him and a chance for Everton to play some decent football.