Rafa Benitez | Sacked (Fachts)

led_scholes

Is there any big name manager from the early 00s who is still successful? Deschanps maybe. Jose and Rafa seem to be out of touch the last 5-6 years.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t know why he keeps taking jobs under ridiculous conditions. Loves setting himself up for failure. Mind I still think they’ll have a strong second half of the season if he lasts beyond Christmas.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The weekend game against Brentford really is massive for him and us. If we lose then we are in real danger. Liverpool next after that and I can't see us beating them. I'm genuinely worried about a relegation battle at this point because if we sack him I do not know who we would turn to. :nervous:

Red Royal

The weekend game against Brentford really is massive for him and us. If we lose then we are in real danger. Liverpool next after that and I can't see us beating them. I'm genuinely worried about a relegation battle at this point because if we sack him I do not know who we would turn to. :nervous:
Ole??

Pep's Suit

The only thing missing is Liverpool trashing them 4-0, 5-0 midweek and that's it for him. Job done.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In big trouble aren't they?

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea coming up very soon.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why has their form gone off a cliff?
Our injuries are disgustingly bad but Rafa isn’t helping himself recently. Read today we have a 21% win record without DCL compared to 50% with him too. Also starting Rondon is like playing with one less player every game.

Our injuries are disgustingly bad but Rafa isn’t helping himself recently. Read today we have a 21% win record without DCL compared to 50% with him too. Also starting Rondon is like playing with one less player every game.
Oh ok, when is DCL due back?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think if we aren’t careful we are going to go down.
Opened the thread just after looking at the table and thinking with the form you're in it's a possibility. Think Rafa's gotta go.

BorisManUtd

5 losses and a draw in last 6 PL games. Went out of EFL Cup against QPR as well. Some of their main players are injured of course but if things don't improve quickly Benitez will be gone before Christmas surely.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Needed an everton draw for £70 so watched the last half hour. Honestly Everton were so poor

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They are the easiest game in the division right now and that’s not a good place to be in.

Rafa obviously hasn’t got the players to buy into his ideas. It looks like a bad fit.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Sacked tomorrow night surely?

He'll probably still land a decent job somewhere else mind... most overrated manager of the last 10/15 years.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

He'll probably still land a decent job somewhere else mind... most overrated manager of the last 10/15 years.
Definitely. Atmosphere is going to be much worse than Nuno and Ole's last games.

I imagine he'll go to Newcastle United next. They still revere him and Eddie Howe probably won't last that long.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Definitely. Atmosphere is going to be much worse than Nuno and Ole's last games.

I imagine he'll go to Newcastle United next. They still revere him and Eddie Howe probably won't last that long.
Hope so, they'll see what a shite job he'll do with all those players they'll buy and then wonder why the feck they all hero worshipped him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Definitely this week I reckon. A decent performance despite losing might see him through but feels like a Moyes at Goodison grim reaper moment.

Ludens the Red

Disastrous, nonsensical appointment.
They have a shite squad and he’s an outdated manager. Fans were never going to take to him and rightfully so, which meant pressure and hostility at the first sign of bad form which Everton fans are well within their rights to act on.
I thought they’d get relegated at the start of the season after hiring him and if they don’t sack him they will.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Expect Everton to lose 9-1 or something crazy like that. Was brainless to hire him. Ignoring his Liverpool history, the game has passed him by.

I loved watching Everton under Ancelotti, they should have went after a more progressive, attack minded manager.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Expect Everton to lose 9-1 or something crazy like that. Was brainless to hire him. Ignoring his Liverpool history, the game has passed him by.

I loved watching Everton under Ancelotti, they should have went after a more progressive, attack minded manager.
They were absolutely awful to watch last season as were we in Ancelotti's second season.

Carlo is onto something when he says he gets hired for his relaxed nature and fired for it aswell. The novelty of such an approach seems to benefit teams in the short term (especially when it's combined with muscle memory from the likes of Pep and peak Mou) but then the lack of intensity to sessions really start to show on the pitch, Bayern players allegedly did their own sessions because of it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They need to get rid asap and no other PL club should ever hire him again. Him and Slippy in the league means an automatic 12 point head start to every season for Pool. These two YAWN twats will always end up showing their true colors.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If Everton get a hammering tonight and play awful, i could see him being under real pressure

BorisManUtd

Everton were very good at start of last season, they were even top but after that they were not that great. We beat them comfortably at Goodison in November and dominated at Old Trafford as well, just fecked it up with bad defending. 59 points with -1 goal difference is nothing special, don't think Everton would be much better this season with Ancelotti in charge, maybe I'm wrong.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They need to get rid asap and no other PL club should ever hire him again. Him and Slippy in the league means an automatic 12 point head start to every season for Pool. These two YAWN twats will always end up showing their true colors.
I doubt it.

Rafa has picked up results (all be it draws) against Liverpool quite a few times and he came within minutes of ending their title bid in 2019.

Gerrard won't roll over for them if nothing else because he will be auditioning to eventually get that job. Getting hammered multiple times infront of his wannabe future employers (and potential getting relegated as a consequence) will only serve to take his name out of the hat.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

poleglass red

Bit like Poch at PSG, a manager that doesn't want to be there for a fan base that doesn't really want him. I'm sure with the developments at Newcastle, he probably in hindsight regrets taking the Everton job.