Rafa confirms three signings

032Devil

Rafa: Three Signings Already Confirmed

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been keen to reveal that he has already made headway in his bid to strengthen the club ahead of next season.

The Anfield Club are desperate to close the gap on the league's leading sides, and as such their manager has already got a jump on the summer transfer market, with a trio of new players already confirmed.

"We have agreements with two young players and one senior player who will be a starting XI player. That deal is already done," trumpeted Benitez. "We are also making plans for our preseason tour and talking to players here about new contracts."

The press have been speculating that the 'senior player' is likely Schalke's highly rated Brazilian full-back Rafinha, while the two youngsters are also believed to be South American in origin.

Perhaps more significantly than the signings themselves is that it strongly indicates that Benitez is planning for a future at Liverpool.

The Spanish tactician is said to be on the wishlists of several of La Liga's top clubs, and Inter Milan are also supposedly intent on luring him away from Anfield.

Strange time of the season to make such an announcement. With crucial games to come in both the Premiership and the CL, I would have thought such an admission might unsettle the team.

reddevilcanada

Strange time of the season to make such an announcement. With crucial games to come in both the Premiership and the CL, I would have thought such an admission might unsettle the team.
it's liverpool we're talking about mate, living in Next Year is where it's at!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
they have spent more then us in the last 5 years

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
I have it on good authority one is a big name striker;

Birdinho most people have probably heard of him here's a picture;

It's rumoured that he will take Kuyts place and Kuyt will be sold to non league club Dagenham and Redbridge for the sum of 30 quid to be their tea boy

Count Duckula

Rafinha's very good, and they lack a decent right-back, but as someone else said it's odd for him to make the announcement now. It seems as though it might just unsettle the existing team, but then again it may well cause everyone to play that little bit harder to not lose their place.

The youngsters will fade away into obscurity like all the other young players he signs.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
"We have agreements with two young players and one senior player who will be a starting XI player. That deal is already done," trumpeted Benitez.
Mascherano I bet.

Like a new signing... :lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Liverpool are really going down the L'Arse route. I know everyones doing it but I probably could count the amount of foreign players that we have in our academy with by hands. I doubt the Scouse or Arse fans could do that.

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........

It's rumoured that he will take Kuyts place and Kuyt will be sold to non league club Dagenham and Redbridge for the sum of 30 quid to be their tea boy

:lol::lol::lol:......you sure that aint Phil Thompson behind that beak

Sam

I don't trust your sources. ;)

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Rafinha's very good, and they lack a decent right-back, but as someone else said it's odd for him to make the announcement now. It seems as though it might just unsettle the existing team, but then again it may well cause everyone to play that little bit harder to not lose their place.

The youngsters will fade away into obscurity like all the other young players he signs.
Finnan's the best right back in the world :nono:

lynchie

Hicks : "Eh Rafa, I've realised why we didn't keep up with Utd this season"
Rafa : "Si?"
H : "Yeah, they went out before anyone else and bought two young, latin type players, and an established defensive player"
R : "Ah, si!"
H : "Get to it"

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
It's unfair. Why United's season is not ended yet so we can go a buy some new player. feck the league, feck the CL. Why do Liverpool always have a longer off-season ? Fecking FA.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He's trying to sign lots of players for next season so that the owners will have to at least give him a fair share of chance to play them. or in other words, not to get sacked before next season starts.

so, i say let him buy many many players then.

K R A P!

Snake Doctor

:lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Liverpool are really going down the L'Arse route. I know everyones doing it but I probably could count the amount of foreign players that we have in our academy with by hands. I doubt the Scouse or Arse fans could do that.
We are not doing too badly on the youth front. The likes of Ebanks-Blake and Campbell have proved to be good young players albeit elsewhere. Wellbeck looks a talent, whilst Fabio and Rafael will hopefully have a good future here. Let's not forget Pique and Evans (both of whom have done it at the highest level for other teams).

The success rate of Wenger in bringing youth players into the Arsenal first team is overstated. Clichy, Eboue and Fabregas are the only ones.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
We are not doing too badly on the youth front. The likes of Ebanks-Blake and Campbell have proved to be good young players albeit elsewhere. Wellbeck looks a talent, whilst Fabio and Rafael will hopefully have a good future here. Let's not forget Pique and Evans (both of whom have done it at the highest level for other teams).

The success rate of Wenger in bringing youth players into the Arsenal first team is overstated. Clichy, Eboue and Fabregas are the only ones.
I thought Eboue was bought when he was 20-21?