Rafael da Silva on Anderson, Moyes and United

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
No surprise.

The thought of him begging to stop at the McDonald’s services made me chuckle. I used to do that as a kid.

flappyjay

Andos eating didn't help but the leg break and the acl at United probably held him back more. I don't think Rooney ate well for an athlete but luckily for him he didn't have potential career ending injuries. But then again you have Shaw who has had 2 big injuries and then got himself together.

TsuWave

Four English titles and a CL. Anderson’s CV is nothing to laugh at.

He had the tools to be a baller but appetite and injuries are a disastrous combination. Ask Real Madrid about Eden Hazard.

Brophs

The One and Only
So his inability to pass extended to fast food restaurants in addition to the ball.

Judas

Open to offers
I adore Anderson, no regrets that he was the last players name I got on the back of a football shirt. I take it personally when people slag off such a loveable character.

Mcdonald's Mcdonald's! :lol: and a new Anderson meme was born.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ive been thinking about this a lot. I think a lot of Moyes’ problem is that no matter what he did the players wouldn’t respect him. He could have done the exact same processes that Ferguson did without any of the same results because of the lack of reputation. It’s why it is so important that a manager has the backing of the match day fans.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Ive been thinking about this a lot. I think a lot of Moyes’ problem is that no matter what he did the players wouldn’t respect him. He could have done the exact same processes that Ferguson did without any of the same results because of the lack of reputation. It’s why it is so important that a manager has the backing of the match day fans.
Imagine if we’d appointed Ole as manager then. It could have been a seamless transition because the players knew and respected him.

Judas

Open to offers
Moyes trying to stamp his mark on the club and swinging an axe around was idiotic I think. He should have tried to be Fergie Jr instead of....David Moyes.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Arguably our biggest mistake was giving the job to Moyes, just look how much it set us back!

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I actually don’t think that would have worked either. The fans wouldn’t have accepted Ole at that point.
They accepted Moyes for the most part early on. It’s only in the second half when things started to go seriously wrong like losing to stoke and the like that people started to turn on him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
There’s a joke about attacking the space in here somewhere but I just can’t put it together. Not that my jokes are any good in the first place.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He stood a better chance allowing the likes of Phelan and Eric Steel easing him in. Sacking the lot was a big mistake.
He probably thought if there’s a few bad results these lads won’t have my back. I wouldn’t have sacked the staff either but it’s not an unusual thing to do. I believe we’ve held on to bits of staff from all 3 managers since too.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He is class with madras and he shits on Fabregas — literally.

EngimaMK

Agreed but tbf to SAF, I think Moyes was way down the preferred list.

SAF, along with Gill leaving - succession there just wasn’t planned well enough. Unfortunately. Oh well.
I had always thought SAF actively wanted Moyes as his successor.

LARulz

I will forever say, that at that time, we needed a big reputation and egoistic manager to come in straight after Fergie. And for me that was Mourinho - he always wanted the job, wasn't completely out of touch then as he won the league the following season and 100% the players like Rio and co would have accepted him

UncleBob

Andos eating didn't help but the leg break and the acl at United probably held him back more. I don't think Rooney ate well for an athlete but luckily for him he didn't have potential career ending injuries. But then again you have Shaw who has had 2 big injuries and then got himself together.
You don't think?
Did he ever show up for pre-season not carrying a bit too much weight?