Rafael da Silva: Van Gaal called me and said "You can leave. The meeting lasted 1 minute"

RedDevil@84

http://www.espn.in/football/club/ma...ed-full-back-rafael-da-silva-talks-to-espn-fc

"Van Gaal is not a bad coach, but I didn't like his character. One day, I was in the canteen waiting to eat. Van Gaal used to speak to us after we'd eaten each day. I had a head injury after a game at Yeovil -- one of the few games I played in that season -- and I was touching my injury. After three or four seconds, he touched my head and said: 'Why don't you respect me?'

"I stood up and said: 'I always respect you. I've never said anything which was disrespectful to you.' I am a patient guy, but I got angry then. I had done nothing wrong. Antonio [Valencia] later said to me: 'You're not going to play again.' Players didn't speak back to Van Gaal. Antonio was almost right; I barely played again. I love Manchester United, but I was so desperate to leave United. Only one man did that because I liked everything about the place. I couldn't handle him anymore."

Greck

Karma did its thing when Woody fired him the way he did

Irrational.

Van Gaal really was a big-headed authoritarian prick. Can't believe some fans still feel sorry for the way he was fired.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Karma did its thing when Woody fired him the way he did
:D

Always liked Rafa he was a good player for us and loved playing for United. He deserved better than being treated like crap by LvG in his last season here.

Rafaeldagold

I actually think Van Gaal did really well for us after the debacle that was Moyes and gave us some credibility back.

But I really hate that he got rid of Rafa as I loved that guy and you could tell he loved playing for us too. I won’t forgive Vardy and clattenburg for his dive/incompetence in that Leicester game which pretty much spelt the end for Rafa at United :(

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What a fecking weirdo LvG was. I don't disagree with the decision to sell Rafael but if what Rafael said was true, he's just too confrontational to get the best out of a squad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Loved Rafael - shocking we got rid of him, although he clearly loved the treatment room far too much.
It's not shocking at all, he has barely been good enough for Lyon. Regarding the OP, that's pretty bad from LVG, showing some respect to players doesn't hurt.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yet LVG complaints how we sacked him. The fecking melted faced hypocrite.

el3mel

Actually wasn't that sad when Rafael left tbh, even though he was phenomenal in SAF last season.

However, the way LVG was treating the leaving players looks disgusting for me.

Canagel

LVG is a dictator. The way he freezes out certain players is a disgrace.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Visionary. We owe every trophy in the next 10 years to his foundations.

white text

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Antonio "Geoff Shreeves" Valencia.

ti vu

Louis seems to be perfectly fine when Jaap Stam left then...

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Glad he's piped up. Van Gaal can't help but have a dig every 3 months or so. Some are biting back now. Good.

RedDevil@84

LvG expects the club to give him loads of respect, while he treats players he didn't like like that..

Champagne Football

The ultimate narcissist. An over rated dinosaur who got quickly found out here.

Mostly awful signings, horror movie football and plenty of undeserving game time to the likes of Tyler Blackket, Borthwick-Jackson, David Love, Joe Riley etc.

Replacing Fergie with Moyes then Van Gaal was like the time we replaced Ronaldo with Obertan who we then replaced with Bebe

kotha

For a guy who cribs about our handling of his exit(which was atrocious,I agree) he treated most of the players leaving like shit..

Whether he liked him or not Rafael was an integral part of the last winning team and should have been handled better.. Selling his was right but could have done better.. SAme with Woodward telling Rio his contract wouldn't be renewed in the dressing room..

SteveW

He was too good to sell. Wish he'd been here this season with Valencia's current form

Josep Dowling

Rafael was one of my favourite players and to see him leave for such a low fee really frustrated me. Especially when we replaced him with Darmian, who if anything has been much worse.

El Zoido

Great read.

"I'd get the ball and look to play it quickly to Cristiano or [Paul] Scholes or [Ryan] Giggs," he said. "So many players you can give the ball too. Fergie always wanted me to get forward. He never said: 'Today we're going to focus on defending.' Never.
This is fecking depressing. Gone from fullbacks who were told to attack, to wingers that are chastised for not defending enough.

Rafaeldagold

Van Gaal's damage was so much worse than Moyes. The worst part is he gave this illusion that progress was being made.
Utter rubbish. Moyes was 100 tines worse than Van Gaal. Under Moyes we went from 1st to 7th and played dire football with no marquee players wanting to join us and getting trashed by all the big teams.

Under LVG he brought back our credibility, star names wanted to join us again, we did have a possession based football plan (you may not have liked it but we had a plan) and we got back to beating the big teams again (Liverpool win was the most I have ever seen us dominate at Anfield- and that includes under Fergie) oh and he won us an FA Cup.

But yeh sure Moyes was better..:/ Van Gaal doesn’t get enough respect on here to be honest.

Smores

Odious cretin who seemed to have massive issues with brazilian players.

But hey he spoke funny in press conferences so lolz what a character eh

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Utter rubbish. Moyes was 100 tines worse than Van Gaal. Under Moyes we went from 1st to 7th and played dire football with no marquee players wanting to join us and getting trashed by all the big teams.

Under LVG he brought back our credibility, star names wanted to join us again, we did have a possession based football plan (you may not have liked it but we had a plan) and we got back to beating the big teams again (Liverpool win was the most I have ever seen us dominate at Anfield- and that includes under Fergie) oh and he won us an FA Cup.

But yeh sure Moyes was better..:/ Van Gaal doesn’t get enough respect on here to be honest.
Respect? Van Gaal is the reason we’re still so crap. He instilled such a garbage mentality and style even Mourinho had to talk about letting go of that.

Moyes was just incompetent he had no plan just cross it and attack it but there was no lasting damage. Van Gaal destroying all of our attacking mentality. Got rid of top players and replaced them with garbage.

Van Gaal is 90 percent of the reason why we are where we are. He deserves more criticism than what he gets. He set us back so far the Mourinho needed a whole season just to undo that.