Rafael da Silva

FujiVice

Rafael won as many Premier League titles than Man City. Probably got more fans as well.

Unam333

Always nice to hear ex-players speaking do fondly about the club. Wish we had players being so passionate about United like Evra, Rio and Raf. Mata comes close.

TsuWave

its important to have players that love the club around so they can instil that into other players. plus, he was a good player, maybe not elite, but certainly good, or at the very least, better than some of our current options

Jev

Would still be the best right-back at the club if he was still here, just as he was when he was sold.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
When LVG sold him Giggs argued with him to keep Rafael, Evans and Welbeck. He said "they bleed United through and through" and wasn't happy they were sold. He also told them to sign M'Bappe and Jesus. But nobody listened...sigh

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...-he-thinks-man-united-should-never-have-sold/
We dodged a bullet with that Jesus fella. With the injuries he sustained by the Italians to his hands and in particular his feet, I doubt if he would be able to beat his man. Maybe a stepover or two but otherwise...

Sadly, his footie career ended way too early. The Alan Brazil of Nazareth.

Both were unlucky.

freeurmind

weak willed
Never should have been sold. Lots of people moan about Moyes but I think the Van Gaal period is where serious damage was done to the team.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We dodged a bullet with that Jesus fella. With the injuries he sustained by the Italians to his hands and in particular his feet, I doubt if he would be able to beat his man. Maybe a stepover or two but otherwise...

Both were unlucky.
I don't think Jesus is as good as City supporters make him out to be. Aguero is and always has been the man there. But he is still a very good player and I'm not sure how you can say "we dodged a bullet"...

sglowrider

I don't think Jesus is as good as City supporters make him out to be. Aguero is and always has been the man there. But he is still a very good player and I'm not sure how you can say "we dodged a bullet"...
Ok. We dodged a nail or two to be more precise.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's always been so likable! :drool:

I do miss him. I watch plenty of Lyon and he generally underwhelms, but I still miss him. T'was, in my opinion, one of our top 4 performers in our last league title win alongside RvP, Carrick and de Gea.

I never knew he was undefeated at the Etihad, though. Nice record to have.

krazyrobus

What I loved about Rafael is probably what hurt him. He had this amazing intensity to attach extending into minute 91 of match even if we were leading 4- 0.

Him and Even at the time were true embodiments of utd team. The constant need to entertain with an indomitable spirit.

sglowrider

What I loved about Rafael is probably what hurt him. He had this amazing intensity to attach extending into minute 91 of match even if we were leading 4- 0.

Him and Even at the time were true embodiments of utd team. The constant need to entertain with an indomitable spirit.
This.

Ashley R1+O

Loved him to bits, made absolutely no sense to get rid of him, Nani or Hernandez.

Martial

Should absolutely never have been sold, had more than enough credit in the bank to stay that summer and beyond.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Welease Wafael!"

Revan

Assumptionman
Never should have been sold. Lots of people moan about Moyes but I think the Van Gaal period is where serious damage was done to the team.
Moyes totally broke our mentality and the invincible aura we had. LVG butchered the squad.

MuFc_1992

Both were unlucky.
At least he's got a deadly Cross on him ..

I'll show myself out...:wenger:

Baxter

Where is his brother playing now?
Left Boro for Nantes.

Absolutely never should’ve sold Rafael though. Even with injuries he would’ve at least been a very good squad player and saved us a lot of hassle on the right side.

Left Boro for Nantes.

Absolutely never should’ve sold Rafael though. Even with injuries he would’ve at least been a very good squad player and saved us a lot of hassle on the right side.
Thanks - I forgot he had a spell at Boro

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Both were unlucky.
Ok. We dodged a nail or two to be more precise.
Ffs :lol::lol:

Still don't see what you're getting at. Are you suggesting Jesus isn't good enough for United???
:lol::lol:

simplyared

Great player to have on board. Totally committed to the cause and gave everything in every game. Compensated his small frame through his tenacity and strong will. Strong going forward and could put a good cross in. As many have already said his injuries became a problem. A great servant for the club.

sglowrider

Great player to have on board. Totally committed to the cause and gave everything in every game. Compensated his small frame through his tenacity and strong will. Strong going forward and could put a good cross in. As many have already said his injuries became a problem. A great servant for the club.
The Chosen One meets The Special One.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Loved Rafa. Regardless of how good he has been since he's left United, always thought he was a good fit for the culture of the club. Always positive in his play and a warrior spirit.

Over the last few years we'd have killed for a RB performance like this.