Rafael

Shimo

I was looking forward to him coming on last night in the friendly. Has he got his first cap yet?
Don't think so - pretty sure the other game he got called up for against the US he didn't play either.

Bugs me he that they call him up and make him travel and then not use him but, guess it is so he gets more of a feel of being around the national team. Glad Brazil lost now though.

SATA

Don't think so - pretty sure the other game he got called up for against the US he didn't play either.

Bugs me he that they call him up and make him travel and then not use him but, guess it is so he gets more of a feel of being around the national team. Glad Brazil lost now though.
Exactly, young Rafael has Maicon and Dani Alves ahead of him at right-back

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rafael will displace maicon and alves in a couple of years. I find alves very overrated. Alves is hardly a defender and is very lucky he plays at a club where they are camped in the opposing half all game. Maicon is very good but I think he's on the decline and rafaels got the overall game to surpass him anyway.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Both twins checked in for the flight to Marseille
Good stuff, its a game i'd like the two of them to start, i reckon they'd do the job & it would do Fabio the power of good in terms of confidence with it being an important Champions League away leg. It would also be a benefit to us to give Sheasy & Evra a rest with the tough fixture list we have around the corner.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Good to hear they both travelled.. Lets hope they were minor knocks and were taking of just as a precaution..

Alves is not as bad defensively as people make him out to be.. I agree Maicon is better at defending but that doesn't mean Alves is shit.. Needless to say I think Rafael will overall be better than both of them (in their prime)

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
5:05
Nani says Rafael is the hardest to beat in training.

When did Nani make the switch to Adidas? Always remembered him wearing those flashy Nike boots which made me think some defenders kicks his foot on purpose because they were getting irritated by it.

Doevle

When did Nani make the switch to Adidas? Always remembered him wearing those flashy Nike boots which made me think some defenders kicks his foot on purpose because they were getting irritated by it.
He switched a couple of months ago. He started the season with Nike, but probably wanted to break out of his image as a Ronaldo-wannabe.