Raheem Sterling | Flirting with Real

TheReligion

Abusive
Surprised there's no thread on this unless it's just been mentioned in the CL ban thread.

Sterling has done a very interesting interview with AS full of flirty quotes. I'll post it below. Pep has even commented on it and not really attempted to play it down.

It seems a number of City players are already looking elsewhere. Could be a very interesting change in the league come next season.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/02/21/football/1582240471_365075.html

PS what he's said here is much worse than anything Pogba has said!

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Dread it, run from it, Madrid still arrives all the same.

TheReligion

Abusive
When asked if he'd dream of playing for Real..

"(Laughs) How do I answer that one? Is the camera live or is it just taking pictures? No one knows what the future will hold. I am a player and I am always open to challenges but right now my challenge is at Manchester City. In the future, hopefully, who knows.."

Cloud7

About time these cnuts start picking off City’s players as well. Hope they sign him, and Mane as well.

MadMike

Mane and Sterling play in the same position. Though they could raid England and get Kane and Sterling and that would make me plenty happy.

EDIT: So long as they take Paul Pogba first.

ROFLUTION

Surprised there's no thread on this unless it's just been mentioned in the CL ban thread.

Sterling has done a very interesting interview with AS full of flirty quotes. I'll post it below. Pep has even commented on it and not really attempted to play it down.

It seems a number of City players are already looking elsewhere. Could be a very interesting change in the league come next season.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/02/21/football/1582240471_365075.html

PS what he's said here is much worse than anything Pogba has said!
Really? Just because he says it himself? Raiola and Pauls Brother is saying what Pogba wants to get out. They say it over and over and over again, and there's no rest.

They say it 3-6 times a year causing unrest.

Sterling has said it once in a build-up for a clash between Real Madrid v City.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's difficult to like any footballer these days, they're all slimy little cnuts.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Just scanned through the interview and didn’t think he said too much wrong, until he got to the last point where he says “in the future....hopefully...who knows”. He should have just gone with a “no comment/Madrid is a club everyone admirers” etc.

Tbf to him, he kept reiterating he’s under contract with city and he’s happy there. Seems the interviewer was looking to dictate the direction of the headlines with those direct questions.

They weren’t able to ask questions about the UCL ban....so let’s ask questions about city players wanting to leave &....bingo....anyway, hopefully City lose some of their top players. Not sure I personally think Sterling is worth the 150m+ it’d take to prize him away - and if Madrid is intent on signing Mbappe....they wouldn’t be able to afford both.

Posh Red

Really? Just because he says it himself? Raiola and Pauls Brother is saying what Pogba wants to get out. They say it over and over and over again, and there's no rest.

They say it 3-6 times a year causing unrest.

Sterling has said it once in a build-up for a clash between Real Madrid v City.
That is what makes it worse. In isolation this is about as bad as it gets; flirting with another club openly, days before a huge champions league clash. It completely undermines the club.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Very fickle guy. He's Man City through and through, boyhood club and all that. Cut him and he bleeds blue. Etc.

He's a professional footballer playing for an oil money club. You'd have to assess his sanity if he didn't see bigger clubs, in warming climates, as being attractive.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Footballer says he wouldn't mind playing for Real Madrid, shock horror

ROFLUTION

That is what makes it worse. In isolation this is about as bad as it gets; flirting with another club openly, days before a huge champions league clash. It completely undermines the club.
Dont know about you but Id definitely take one day of flirting with another club, over years of flirting with a club undermining our club and dressing room

RoyH1

Footballer says he wouldn't mind playing for Real Madrid, shock horror
I know, right? I mean what the heck are they supposed to say? I wouldn't read too much into it at this point

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He’s been hinting this for a long time, the only issue would be Madrid stumping up the cash. He’s a great player but wouldn’t be worth anywhere near what he’d cost for city to let him go. Mbappe will be Madrid’s priority, don’t think sterling will be going anywhere. Mind you if I was Barca I’d be looking at him, could add some pace and stays injury free unlike Dembele. He’d get 30 a season playing with Messi.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep this. Totally disrespectful.

I'd also say this seems to be the first time city players have done this kind of thing so overtly. Certainly a shift in power following the CL ban and possible further punishment.

Gomes

But his brother said something about Pogba wanting to move or something! That's so much worse than actually saying it yourself!
Agreed, Pogba is a Mancunian saint, never done anything wrong.

Sarcasm

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Bar some folks at Barca/Atletico, I doubt we'll find many who will openly say no or downplay a move to Real Madrid.
We should know best, given CR7 and all that.

This is NOT worse than Pogba. Sterling's brothers aren't shitting on City, his agent isn't bad mouthing Pep or insulting the club, and Sterling has actually played (and very well at that) for most the season.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is a great player but it seems impossible.
Even if City are banned for two years - which I doubt- he has a long contract and would be very expensive.
With Rodrygo in his second year and Asensio returning from his injury (if he is able to return to his level) I would say that the priority will be to speculate with Mbappe and sign midfielders, or even another substitute for Benzema

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He’s one of the few city players I’d had pegged as wanting out if the ban stands but being unable to leave. There’s just not many clubs if any that need and can afford him. Unless these players terminate their contracts through some loophole they’re going to find leaving a difficult task.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I know, right? I mean what the heck are they supposed to say? I wouldn't read too much into it at this point
Do they have to answer every question asked? Every. Question.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Communicado officiale coming for City, finally.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
When Pogba even implies this hes the devil
Pogba’s conduct is a different matter entirely in my opinion.

He is constantly unsettling the club through his awful agent and consistently bringing up his own position and his own situation through Raiola.

It is constant and has been for quite some time now, and he doesn’t make any efforts to stop it, even when it’s attacking his own manager.

He constantly makes decisions which shows how little he cares about his team, like not coming to games mere kilometers from where he is.

This is all within the context of his massive salary and inconsistent performances when he is fit.

Giving one AS interview pales in comparison to Pogba’s grating behavior, which is detrimental to the club and team morale.

I can only hope that Real don’t spend the Pogba money on Sterling instead, because I don’t want anyone at United who doesn’t want to be here.

mu4c_20le

He has no loyalty to them, so it's hardly surprising that he's keeping his options open. I do wish Madrid would go for Mane instead, much more consistent performer, and mentally stronger too.

Pep's Suit

He's not really that good plus it's clear Sterling only cares about himself. If Real offer £120M+ City would be dumb not to sell him.

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I Wonder when his fat mouth agent is gonna start piping up again saying things like.. "he will not stay at City if they offer him 700k, 800k, 900k a week" and calls Pep or their precious Shiekh "a knob" laugh my head of if that happens.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah crazy that Manchester United fans care less about a Manchester City player flirting with Real Madrid. World's gone mad. Poor Pogba.