Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can only see him being a makeweight in a deal. Don't think anyone could afford him outright in this climate.

Josh 76

Pep is taking a leaf out of Fergies book. Make changes when you are on top. Keeps everyone motivated. Would be a great move for City if they can bring in Grealish/Kane and get rid of Sterling/Augero

redshaw

Was hoping talks of a new deal for Sterling with Grealish staying at Villa was the end of it but seems like City know they need need to move Sterling on if they want to tempt him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Can see him playing abroad, though I think that's unlikely at the moment.

Tallis

He is a top quality player to be fair, almost the same level as a Sane or Son and slightly below Salah. I think he is best of the forwards at City barring Foden who I think can develop into a player of comparable quality. It would be interesting to see him at one of the Madrid clubs.

El Zoido

Never seen a player as overrated as this. Bet City get a good fee for him though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He is a top quality player to be fair, almost the same level as a Sane or Son and slightly below Salah. I think he is best of the forwards at City barring Foden who I think can develop into a player of comparable quality. It would be interesting to see him at one of the Madrid clubs.
:houllier:

He's shown he's at the very least, on par with Son, and a clear level above Sane

Dominos

Never seen a player as overrated as this. Bet City get a good fee for him though.
In his last 4 seasons his stats are

14 G - 12 A
31 G - 10 A
25 G - 18 A
23 G - 17 A

Would be bizarre for City to get rid. Not sure if anyone can afford him at the minute anyway.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
no way

edit: Sane has a higher ceiling but has been kinda shit so far for Bayern while Son was amazing in a pretty shit Spurs side

last 3 seasons comparing Son and Sterling
Son 10460min 60g 39a
Sterling 11804min 70g 40a
Sterling has played almost 15 games more in minutes converted to matche(14,9333 games).

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh? He’s better than both of those. He outlived one and the other hasn’t proven himself anywhere near as Sterling has over PL winning seasons.

dal

I’ve wanted Grealish but if we can’t get him I’d pay £70 million for Sterling today and I actually, maybe quite stupidly think city would be fine with it.

Is the above realistic?

PSG would probably go to £100 million.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
City absolutely can’t afford to let a proven goal getter leave when they’ve already just lost Aguero and have no real no.9 in the squad. Think they’ll come to his wage demands in the end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pep is taking a leaf out of Fergies book. Make changes when you are on top. Keeps everyone motivated. Would be a great move for City if they can bring in Grealish/Kane and get rid of Sterling/Augero
I don't think Fergie would have sold Sterling. He's a very good player, and one off season doesn't change that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If City dont want him bring him to United

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
I’d love to see him back at Liverpool. Unfortunately city are unlikely to sell him to us and we’re unlikely to be able to afford his fee anyway.

I think he’d move back to Liverpool in a flash (intimated as much in a recent interview) but it’s not going to happen.

Madness that pep wants to replace him with grealish which is a sideways move at best.

Josh 76

I don't think Fergie would have sold Sterling. He's a very good player, and one off season doesn't change that.
Ince
Hughes
Beckham
Ruud
Stam

just a few big names he sold

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ince
Hughes
Beckham
Ruud
Stam

just a few big names he sold
The majority of the players in your list had fallen out with Ferguson. He didn't sell them because they were suddenly stale and not good enough for the club.

KennyBurner

:houllier:

He is better than every player you have listed here except Salah. Why one earth would you even think Foden is better than him?

KennyBurner

City absolutely can’t afford to let a proven goal getter leave when they’ve already just lost Aguero and have no real no.9 in the squad. Think they’ll come to his wage demands in the end.
Not just that but he is their most direct player. Can force the opposition and create chaos easily as we saw for England. Its like us letting Rashford leave. Dumb decision by Pep if true.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Please and thanks. City losing one of the best players in the league is always welcome.

Juventus would be a good move. Juve are lacking an elite dribbler who can also provide a goal threat and resist pressing opposition. He'd tear Serie A apart like he's done here.

I’ve wanted Grealish but if we can’t get him I’d pay £70 million for Sterling today and I actually, maybe quite stupidly think city would be fine with it.

Is the above realistic?

PSG would probably go to £100 million.
70 million on a player who would have to play instead of Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood or Martial/Diallo, who are all younger with great quality? Don't think that would be a good use of money.

Grealish is a ball carrier and creator, Sterling is a finisher who's all about movement. I don't think the Sterling transfer makes sense with the squad we're building.

I also fundamentally think 70million is far too much to pay city for a player they don't want, and we only get him if they really don't want him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Real or Barca could do with a player like him, not sure about their budget though.

Matthew84!

I think Sterling was moaning about his playing time last season so that might be why Pep wants him gone, if its true.
PSG may go for him if Mbappe leaves but I think Ronaldo would surely want that move.
Real and Barcelona can't afford anyone.
Juventus has got no money unless they sell Ronaldo.
Chelsea or Liverpool? That's the only 2 options I see.

Hammondo

I think Sterling was moaning about his playing time last season so that might be why Pep wants him gone, if its true.
PSG may go for him if Mbappe leaves but I think Ronaldo would surely want that move.
Real and Barcelona can't afford anyone.
Juventus has got no money unless they sell Ronaldo.
Chelsea or Liverpool? That's the only 2 options I see.
I highly doubt those teams want him. I think spurs would be a good fit for him.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
He’s better than Sane and Son.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Chelsea could be a interesting move, especially as there were early reports of them moving on Ziyech so soon.

Walters_19_MuFc

Getting rid of Sterling for Grealish would be silly. City haven't got anyone like Sterling. The explosive pace, poacher instincts, movement.

We saw what he brings to the England team that others don't.

Grealish is a great player, but you need a mixture, and in Foden, you have someone who is closer in style to Grealish than Sterling.

If Sterling does go, then he certainly wouldn't be short of offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.