Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

If City dont want him bring him to United
Wouldnt happen in a million years but i'd welcome him with open arms and play him down the middle. People saying they wouldnt swap him for Pogba is ridiculous. City wouldnt even consider Pogba nowadays.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm surprised how few people here want him at United. He's a class player who always gives his all. I think he is on of those who needs rest every now and then (as, in my opinion does Bruno) but hopefully the new season will be "back to normal" so this shouldn't be too much trouble. If we don't get/go for Grealish, I think Sterling would be a great addition to the squad - if City allowed him to come

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I'm surprised how few people here want him at United. He's a class player who always gives his all. I think he is on of those who needs rest every now and then (as, in my opinion does Bruno) but hopefully the new season will be "back to normal" so this shouldn't be too much trouble. If we don't get/go for Grealish, I think Sterling would be a great addition to the squad - if City allowed him to come
He's been crazy inconsistent for almost 2 seasons now not to mention he goes missing/misses a lot when it matters.
If he wasn't playing for City his stats would look much worse than they are.

Judas

Open to offers
He's infuriating to watch. Enough people on here have no patience with Rashford, Sterling would drive people over the edge.

I find him just mind numbingly frustrating personally.

Hammondo

He's good for a defence counter-attacking team who hit with space directly. If you are expecting to dominate play and need to break down your opponent he's often bad, it's why City don't think he's good enough and why he did well for England.

I think he's a good choice for Leicester or West ham.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's good for a defence counter-attacking team who hit with space directly. If you are expecting to dominate play and need to break down your opponent he's often bad, it's why City don't think he's good enough and why he did well for England.

I think he's a good choice for Leicester or West ham.
So 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons where he was one of the best players in a possession dominating City side, did not happen?

Stacks

He's been crazy inconsistent for almost 2 seasons now not to mention he goes missing/misses a lot when it matters.
Like when and how comes he has had better seasons than almost all Citys other attacking players at his best?

RUCK4444

More often than not though he is creating chances, breaking the lines, even when things aren’t clicking for him, he creates havoc.

Like in the Euros, just kept going and driving the team forwards, that’s what I see for City, even though I agree he can be very frustrating.

GifLord

Like when and how comes he has had better seasons than almost all Citys other attacking players at his best?
If you check stats for last 2 seasons in EPL
2020/21
2019/20
He's got some serious form issues - he scores/assists then goes 2-3 games without contributing rinse and repeat. Not to mention he loves to stat pad against cannon fodder

Stacks

If you check stats for last 2 seasons in EPL
2020/21
2019/20
He's got some serious form issues - he scores/assists then goes 2-3 games without contributing rinse and repeat. Not to mention he loves to stat pad against cannon fodder
last season was a poor season. his worst in years.

Ronaldo must've had similar to Sterling by contributing in bunches.

2018 Sterling contributed in 21 league games
2019 Sterling contributed in 17 league games
2020 Sterling contributed in 15 league games

2007 when winning POTY Cristiano contributed in 21 league games
2008 Cristiano contributed in 22 league games (Ballon D'or years).
2009 Cristiano contributed in 16 league games

Ronaldo took pens and he too stat padded vs cannon fodder.

GifLord

Are you seriously comparing Ronaldo's contributions to Sterling's? Ronaldo literally carried us at times while City's attacking power is carrying Sterling

Dominos

Are you seriously comparing Ronaldo's contributions to Sterling's? Ronaldo literally carried us at times while City's attacking power is carrying Sterling
Poor Ronaldo only getting to play with Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Giggs, Nani and Scholes. We'd have been relegation fodder without him.

Siorac

I'm only trying to demonstrate that wing forwards don;t score in nearly as many games as you think
The Messi and Ronaldo years in the 2010s really skewed people's expectations and perceptions.

GifLord

Poor Ronaldo only getting to play with Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Giggs, Nani and Scholes. We'd have been relegation fodder without him.
How many goals did Sterling score like the one Ronaldo did vs Fulham - 06-07? You take Ronaldo out and we wouldn't win the title that season, he alone got us at least 9 points.
City without Sterling are still crazy good which says a lot about their team.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Pep Guardiola on Raheem Sterling to Barcelona rumours: “Honestly I have no idea. I don’t know anything… Not that I would tell you anyway. If Barcelona are interested in any of our players, I’m convinced they can get them. Barça continues to be attractive, more than attractive…”

That’s basically saying you can take him if you want. Some outlets indicates City are trying to get Frenkie de Jong in the deal.

Walters_19_MuFc

What did him and Pep fall out over ?

Just think he wants game time. With Grealish coming in and Jesus now playing on the wing, Sterling has fallen down the pecking order.

From Sterling's point of view, I think it would be a good time for him to move on. He's won everything apart from the CL at City.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What about Barcelona's squad and financial situation suggests they need another diminutive forward? Have they not seen their defence?

Maniron

I have a different view. As frustrating and inconsistent as he is, he doesn't hide and keeps showing up for the ball and to his credit he has the bravery to try and beat a man which is a rare commodity these days.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Looks like this might be happening. I think it would be a great bit of business from our end.

Abraxas

35 million would be a bargain. I think his record at City gets underestimated.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks like this might be happening. I think it would be a great bit of business from our end.

You already have the white Raheem Sterling, what do you need the actual one for?

cyberman

Good deal but I’m not sure how these City players will play when not under Pep. Especially with a back 5 and 2 dms and Mount that Chelsea play with. You really need player up tight with Sterling to get the best out of him

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would be a terrific signing at that price. I do think he's an absolute donkey, but he is very productive and that's what counts.
They already have Werner to earn a load of chances with his pace and movement before inevitably fecking the majority of them up.

Sterling is the same player with better dribbling. I'm not sure what they need him for unless they're on a mission to be the most wasteful team in the league.

CM10

I'd be surprised if it was only £35m given he qualifies as a homegrown player. City have been paying through the nose for worse players than him to fill that quota.

izec

I'd be surprised if it was only £35m given he qualifies as a homegrown player. City have been paying through the nose for worse players than him to fill that quota.
1 year left on his contract, no?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fantastic player. Would love him here but that'll never happen.

Kane and Sterling have been our (England) best players for about 4-5 years now, but I think Sterling's Euro showing puts him ahead for me. Hopefully they both turn up for the world cup because heaven knows Southgate can't do diddlysquat if they're not carrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.