Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

They already have Werner to earn a load of chances with his pace and movement before inevitably fecking the majority of them up.

Sterling is the same player with better dribbling. I'm not sure what they need him for unless they're on a mission to be the most wasteful team in the league.
He has proven to be very productive in the Premier League, unlike Werner. I suppose it's just whether he can still be as productive outside of City. He will always have that clumsiness in his game.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Good deal but I’m not sure how these City players will play when not under Pep. Especially with a back 5 and 2 dms and Mount that Chelsea play with. You really need player up tight with Sterling to get the best out of him
Where do people get this “back 5 with 2 DM’s” stuff? We play with a back 3. Our wingbacks spend way more time attacking than they do defending. They may as well be our wingers. And we play with literally no DM. In fact, that’s something most Chelsea supporters want addressed because it‘s perhaps our biggest weakness. It’s why we want Rice.

Also, Mount was our most creative player last season and I believe led the team in assists. Not sure why you‘ve thrown him in there.

cyberman

Where do people get this “back 5 with 2 DM’s” stuff? We play with a back 3. Our wingbacks spend way more time attacking than they do defending. They may as well be our wingers. And we play with literally no DM. In fact, that’s something most Chelsea supporters want addressed because it‘s perhaps our biggest weakness. It’s why we want Rice.

Also, Mount was our most creative player last season and I believe led the team in assists. Not sure why you‘ve thrown him in there.
Fullbacks may attack but they’re still fullbacks? Where are they when you’re defending?
I don’t know why Chelsea fans are so sensitive about that. Mount defends from the front, does that make him a defender?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is he in the last year of his contract?

What is the stupidity in here calling him a rubbish player?

Walters_19_MuFc

City will potentially lose Sterling and Jesus, leaving Mahrez, Foden and Grealish as their wing options. No doubt they'll buy someone else, but neither of the three they have bring what Sterling brings to the table, in that he has inteligent movement inside the box and is consatntly a threat in behind. You could agrue that Haaland will offer the same thing but you'd imagine he'd be starting through the middle.

From Chelsea's point of view, if they get Sterling, he'd be a fantastic buy and immediately be their best attacking player, in my opinion.

Frank Grimes

He has a habit of missing sitters but he's far from crap. I think City will miss him. He gives them something different.
I fancy Liverpool ahead of them next season if they lose Bernardo too.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fantastic player. Would love him here but that'll never happen.
Stylistically he would fit us quite well actually — a goalscoring wide attacker who’s at his best running in behind, off the ball movement. Our attack is very one dimensional, come to the ball type of players. Only one who isn’t is Rashford, and he hasn’t been in worthwhile form in about 18 months.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Stylistically he would fit us quite well actually — a goalscoring wide attacker who’s at his best running in behind, off the ball movement. Our attack is very one dimensional, come to the ball type of players. Only one who isn’t is Rashford, and he hasn’t been in worthwhile form in about 18 months.
Agreed! He's also brilliant at holding onto the ball under pressure, and can dribble past opposition players for fun. Two other things we sorely lack.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's scoring tap ins for city because they create a crazy amount of chances on a plate for him. He also chokes when it matters the most. He's one of the most overrated English players in the last 5 years and apparently was a top 3 player in the world according to BT Sport pundits :lol:
Some of you are saying his movement is world class well i've heard similar shit about Lingard less than 3 years go. He's been awful for almost 2 years now - last season he stat padded against bottom feeders - zero goals/assists vs top 7. Also Pep's had it with him

Dominos

He's crap. :lol:
What a strange vendetta people have against Sterling. There's never any middle ground on here. If a player isn't the top % of elite players they're "crap".

His last 5 seasons.

17 G - 9 A
14 G - 12 A
31 G - 10 A
25 G - 17 A
23 G - 17 A

GregM40

If the £35m price tag is true it’s an absolute bargain. I’d have him at United in a heart beat. Grew up supporting the club, point to prove against City, why not?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Do Chelsea need another wide player?

I mean I know their current ones aren't amazing and could be upgraded but you'd think they'd have to move one on if Sterling comes in

CarbonStoolBites

35m is an absolute steal for Sterling. Would have him here in a heartbeat but doubt there’s a chance with no CL and obviously having played for our two biggest rivals.
Top signing for Chelsea if true, instantly will become there best attacker.

Pickle85

Did they get Dembele in the end? They'll be a bit top heavy if so, no?

mu4c_20le

What a strange vendetta people have against Sterling. There's never any middle ground on here. If a player isn't the top % of elite players they're "crap".

His last 5 seasons.

17 G - 9 A
14 G - 12 A
31 G - 10 A
25 G - 17 A
23 G - 17 A
I'm seeing a decline.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

His last 5 seasons.

17 G - 9 A
14 G - 12 A
31 G - 10 A
25 G - 17 A
23 G - 17 A
I'm seeing a decline.
Decline is due to a change in how City play. He still is a productive player.

GlasgowCeltic

Potential for City to be a bit one paced if Sterling Jesus and Bernardo leave? guess Haaland is quick

flappyjay

Fullbacks may attack but they’re still fullbacks? Where are they when you’re defending?
I don’t know why Chelsea fans are so sensitive about that. Mount defends from the front, does that make him a defender?
For some teams the fullbacks are essential to their attacking play. Both Chelsea and Liverpool are same in that regard.

Stacks

He's scoring tap ins for city because they create a crazy amount of chances on a plate for him. He also chokes when it matters the most. He's one of the most overrated English players in the last 5 years and apparently was a top 3 player in the world according to BT Sport pundits :lol:
Some of you are saying his movement is world class well i've heard similar shit about Lingard less than 3 years go. He's been awful for almost 2 years now - last season he stat padded against bottom feeders - zero goals/assists vs top 7. Also Pep's had it with him
Crazy amount of chances for him? Is he a lone striker?

cyberman

For some teams the fullbacks are essential to their attacking play. Both Chelsea and Liverpool are same in that regard.
Yeah but they’re still fullbacks. Nobody says Liverpool plays with a back two because their FBs get forward so often. It’s a weird argument to make imo

Tavern in the town

The way people talk about service is all wrong. Sterling gets loads of tap ins partly because City are a chance creation machine, but mostly because his movement in the box is amazing. Why isn’t Grealish being presented with tap ins at every opportunity?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Since when has Lingard had numbers anywhere near Sterlings?

TheReligion

Abusive
The way people talk about service is all wrong. Sterling gets loads of tap ins partly because City are a chance creation machine, but mostly because his movement in the box is amazing. Why isn’t Grealish being presented with tap ins at every opportunity?
Because he’s sat on the bench

lsd

The Oracle
I would certainly take him he is at his peak and he is a huge United fan too which always helps

Status
Not open for further replies.