Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good news, I guess. I was worried that we would hand him a big fat contract renewal. He's a poor fit for the club and both parties should move on to better and more suitable alternatives. Always liked the player, but he's not the one we need.

Having said that, Raiola really is a thundercnut and we should avoid his players in the future. And when you think about it, that love to us was such a terrible career decision by Pogba and ideally he should be holding the clown accountable for whatever shitty advise he gave him back then.

Anyhoo, the sad part is that we won't get paid the big bucks for Pogba. But you have to take what you can get.

tomaldinho1

The Caf has some cult like groups. There's one for Martial as well. You can't say anything bad about these darlings.
Harsh to even compare them. Martial has issues and I can see why the caf is split but Pogba is indefensible.

Ironic that Ferguson refused to even sell Madrid a virus and now, some years later, we’re begging them to take him...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is he unhappy because another player is getting more adulation from the fans?
It must play a factor. Bruno has blown him away over the last year and Pogba no intention of fighting for his spot because he is inferior in every way to Bruno.

Dve

Is he unhappy because another player is getting more adulation from the fans?
Rather because he is hated by so many fans. Besides, he wants more on his CV, like many players do. And he does not like the weather. Adulation from fans is freshware.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
If I were a Mardrid fan I wouldn't really be delighted at the prospect of signing him, particularly on the back of signing Bale & Hazard, who both came following periods of far better form.

Are Real really interested in him??

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If I were a Mardrid fan I wouldn't really be delighted at the prospect of signing him, particularly on the back of signing Bale & Hazard, who both came following periods of far better form.

Probably just Zidane and I'm not sure how much credit he has in the bank with fans/Perez right now.

tjb

It's not just the underperformance it's the attitude both on and off the pitch. Getting rid of Pogba is more important for our culture than simply being on the pitch

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We can only speculate though. It might be that certain promises were made to him by the board that weren't kept, the team not matching his ambitions, him being made a scapegoat(sometimes rightfullly, sometimes wrongly), maybe he doesn't feel at home here. We will only know the truth when his autobiography comes out or when he gives a sit down interview like Messi did this summer with Goal.com
True.

TheLord

His stocks are so low right now, we will surely get absolutely mugged in the transfer market. We should have sold the player two seasons back.
If he leaves in the winter, this will be the worst player transfer in United’s long history, from a financial POV.

0le

He isn't as good as he thinks he is. He hasn't performed well enough to justify the transfer fee and there is always an excuse as to why this may be. It is best for all parties that he leaves, preferably in January.

Irwin99

The first question for Ole in the pre-match interview tomorrow 'what's going on with Pogba?'

Question for Ole after the win/draw/defeat tomorrow 'has Paul Pogba played his last game for United?'

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, it looks like the Italian sources that @dev1l was referring to were indeed right all along. I guess the club's higher-ups went quiet on Pogba and Raiola, and in response to that, Raiola decided to pile up the pressure by announcing that Pogba will be leaving.

This pretty much confirms that the club aren't willing to bend over backwards for Pogba & Raiola, and their quiet stance was to wait and see how Pogba and Raiola will react.

boxykronikle

Good riddance. I have always backed him up but at the same time is pissed off with his antics. Martial could follow suit.

treble_winner

If I'm ole I tackle this head on and put it in public, "well then he would need to perform to better standard if he wants any of the top clubs to buy him".

feck it. Dont hold back
Why would you lower your own asset's price with your own mouth if you are about to sell?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Honestly could see him bossing it over there against the lesser intensity teams in La liga, especially with Casemiro there to let him just stroll around until Madrid get the ball back.

peridigm

I think we're fine without him to be honest. Oh, he had a good game recently, against fecking West Ham. Ooo la la la. He's been bang average for a while, less than average really. Don't need this kind of drama in the dressing room. I hope Ole leaves him in the hotel tomorrow.

Red_Orchestra

Finally, I hope he is sold in January if he does not want to be here that badly.
I feel that no harm will be done to the squad because any player can replace him, 5 years later and we still don't know what his role is in the squad.
We actually should have sold him when Mou was shown the door, due to their months long open public feud between each other.

Gasolin

It is clear the timing is more than just the CL game. We know this was a week old interview and Pogba "paid" with an ankle injury and missed 3 games. But it's coming out probably because United is not keen to offer an improved offer in this COVID world, while performances haven't been top, while Bruno, is set to "double". And I think it drives Raiola mad. But he could not talk until Pogba at least does a nice goal or something.

Real and Barcelona cannot afford him.
PSG and Juventus probably are not too keen right now, they have bloated wages and they also need to trim down.

For me, Raiola is playing his cards. I hope we say f*** and ask Pogba to get rid of his agent if he wants any chance to have a contract from us. Otherwise, he will take a pay cut and everything that goes with it. The transfer fee is not going down, and he can leave on a free in 1.5 years if he wants.

zenith

The kids in me wants the club to make pogba rot on the bench for 1.5 years, effectively putting his career and world cup prospects in jeopardy.

But at this moment of we can boot him out in January, I'd be over the moon

InfiniteBoredom

The transfer fee is not going down, and he can leave on a free in 1.5 years if he wants.
He won’t leave on a free. I do believe that we will play hardball and in the end recoup close to what we paid for him in transfer fee, but the club is in no position fiscally to run down his contract after the losses last season and this one due to Covid.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Pogba had his chance and he wasn’t good enough in that role. If he had owned it we never would have stumped for Bruno. Too late now.
His competition was Lingard, Pereira, and (an ageing) Mata ffs :lol:

The guy is so full of himself its unreal. This is a good example of what happens when you blow too much smoke up a player's ass.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Fine. Just, fine.

Banish the fecker to the reserves, keep inserting DvB into the starting eleven more.

we have had interminable stretches of time without Pogba available, cutting our losses now won’t affect us one iota.

croadyman

This feels like celebration. Pogba has never reached the expectations required of him here while bringing his entire circus around. Let’s get a better player that suits us.
Who do you have in mind just out of interest?

Raiola's thought's on Haaland, Pogba and Solskjaer

RedDevil@84

Not sure if Romano has added his nonsense into it. But this is first time I am reading that Ole said that. And the less said about the way Raiola talks about our manager, the better. Pogba that and Pogba this.
If only our club would make Pogba apologize and distance himself from Raiola's words.

I Am Zlatan

Raiola when asked about Haaland in the interview with tuttosport “Haaland is like Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he was 20. Solskjaer is a good guy but he was totally wrong when he said that Erling is like Lukaku... it would be better if Solskjaer thought about finding a way to make Pogba play like a champion, instead of talking about Haaland”

I’m Ole out, but can’t stand this guy.

blemis

Supports
spurs
Paul really is such a moron for letting this idiot continually speak for him. He could truly be an elite player but just lacks the mentality needed to be at the very top.
Do you really think he is letting him ? Not telling him to ? There are reason why Mourinho called him a virus.

Gasolin

Not sure if Romano has added his nonsense into it. But this is first time I am reading that Ole said that. And the less said about the way Raiola talks about our manager, the better. Pogba that and Pogba this.
If only our club would make Pogba apologize and distance himself from Raiola's words.

I actually remember something vaguely about a very vague comparison due to the fact that we lost Romelu etc... but this is nonsense of the highest order. And Ole has basically shaped Haaland by using him extensively and improving his shot accuracy, and this nonsense agent comes out with this BS. For me, the club has to be strong on Pogba. Raiola is destroying his public image, and Pogba better have the balls to maintain Raiola on a leash, or dump him.

At this point just ice Pogba's career for a year before selling him in the summer. Remove him from first team training, don't give him even a sniff of the bench.

It'll take the Euros away from him....which seems fitting for allowing this to come out on the eve of such a huge game, as well as the monthly complaints when he goes on International duty.

croadyman

At this point just ice Pogba's career for a year before selling him in the summer. Remove him from first team training, don't give him even a sniff of the bench.

It'll take the Euros away from him....which seems fitting for allowing this to come out on the eve of such a huge game, as well as the monthly complaints when he goes on International duty.
Would it not be better to get rid in January and get in a mobile CDM good on the ball which has been lacking for years.

Yes we still need a starter RW and CB as well but personally think the above position is higher priority right now.

This would also give Ole the chance to play only one holding player and not have to over protect Maguire & Lindelof.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Rather because he is hated by so many fans. Besides, he wants more on his CV, like many players do. And he does not like the weather. Adulation from fans is freshware.
Adulation has to be earned.It’s not given simply for costing £90m.