Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

InfiniteBoredom

Seriously, you want another Raiola client?? He’ll never play for United
Michael Owen and Alan Smith played for this club. ‘Never’ is quite a bold word to use in this business.

There’ll be plenty of world class talents who are Raiola’s clients in the future, the club won’t blanket refuse them.

crossy1686

career ending
Michael Owen and Alan Smith played for this club. ‘Never’ is quite a bold word to use in this business.

There’ll be plenty of world class talents who are Raiola’s clients in the future, the club won’t blanket refuse them.
How much are you willing to bet Haaland doesn't play for United while he's associated with Raiola? It's like you've been living under a rock for the last couple of years.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Any world-class talents know that working with Raiola means you don't get a move to United, City, Liverpool, Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona while he's their agent or advisor. It's career suicide unless you're chasing the money.

fergosaurus

If he plays like this consistently it will outweigh all the baggage that comes with him. Let's revisit in the summer and see where we're at then.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Really? What makes you say that??
I agree with Trophy, Raiola is Pogbas agent, he wouldn't speak unless Pogba had said something.

Pogba wants out, and Raiola is trying to find a move for his client (Pogba), it's how Raiola operates. He cares about only one thing, money and also his clients.

There was talk some point in the last month an agreement with the club that if Pogba plays well and an offer of around €60m comes in then United will sell.

I don't expect Pogba to be a United player next season, I can see him at Real Madrid or Juventus next year.

Also quotes from Pogba: https://en.as.com/en/2020/11/05/football/1604600119_013045.html
"Zidane?" Many things have been said. What can I say? All the players would love to play for Real Madrid. It would surely be a dream. It's a dream for me and why not some day?" said the World Cup winner (Pogba).
This was around October time.

InfiniteBoredom

How much are you willing to bet Haaland doesn't play for United while he's associated with Raiola? It's like you've been living under a rock for the last couple of years.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Any world-class talents know that working with Raiola means you don't get a move to United, City, Liverpool, Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona while he's their agent or advisor. It's career suicide unless you're chasing the money.
Haaland will get a move to one of the aforementioned clubs in the next 18 months, and if he doesn’t end up here it won’t be because United refuse to deal with Raiola.

You are letting your feelings of the man cloud your judgement. This is business at the end of the day, he threw a chair in front of Zorc to get Mkhitaryan here and Dortmund was all over Haaland like a rash, he put his leg on Moggi’s table and Juve bought Zlatan. Clubs know what they are dealing with when it comes to Raiola, fans somehow don’t. You getting bantered by rival fans due to his antics doesn’t matter one jot to Ed Woodward or Matt Judge when they consider signing his players.

Classical Mechanic

Haaland will get a move to one of the aforementioned clubs in the next 18 months, and if he doesn’t end up here it won’t be because United refuse to deal with Raiola.

You are letting your feelings of the man cloud your judgement. This is business at the end of the day, he threw a chair in front of Zorc to get Mkhitaryan here and Dortmund was all over Haaland like a rash, he put his leg on Moggi’s table and Juve bought Zlatan. Clubs know what they are dealing with when it comes to Raiola, fans somehow don’t. You getting bantered by rival fans due to his antics doesn’t matter one jot to Ed Woodward or Matt Judge when they consider signing his players.
Totally agree. No way Ed will shut the door on Raiola.

R'hllor

For the moment i thoo, Jabba Desilijic Tiure made some comments after Pogba`s performance tonight.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I would still try to extend his contract at all costs, he's a world class player on a day, just need to be used properly. He's got a reselling value as well. Today he had a superb role and I think he was actually very very good defensively, had at least 6 defensive contributions so no problem in that sense. Winning us penalty for the win too.

If we decide to sell him we should do everything we can to use that money to replace him. Except Bruno there's no exfactor in attacking midfield role and we are oneinjury away to completely break down. Grealish even with a loss of around 30m would provide that class needed. We could save on his wages too. Top teams need good depth especially in the EPL. and the more players like McTominay or James are further down the pecking order the better for us.

crossy1686

career ending
I just can’t shake off this feeling that his time at United is coming to end. Hopefully, he’ll lead us to the title first:yawn:
I agree with Trophy, Raiola is Pogbas agent, he wouldn't speak unless Pogba had said something.

Pogba wants out, and Raiola is trying to find a move for his client (Pogba), it's how Raiola operates. He cares about only one thing, money and also his clients.

There was talk some point in the last month an agreement with the club that if Pogba plays well and an offer of around €60m comes in then United will sell.

I don't expect Pogba to be a United player next season, I can see him at Real Madrid or Juventus next year.

Also quotes from Pogba: https://en.as.com/en/2020/11/05/football/1604600119_013045.html

This was around October time.
Sorry lads, my post was intended as sarcasm. I'd be blown away if he was here at the start of next season.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Personally I think he's burned his bridges at United and will be sold.
How he can help himself and the club is to have a storming run of games (which he's well capable of) and bring in a bigger fee and get himself a fat contract from the next club.

crossy1686

career ending

Totally agree. No way Ed will shut the door on Raiola.
You've lost your minds if you think dealing with Raiola again is worth it. How are we supposed to build a team if we've got wantaway players every two seasons because Raiola has told them he'll get them to Madrid via United? You want a repeat of this scenario in a couple of years? There's only one condition we try and sign Haaland and that's if he drops Riaola

Last edited:

WPMUFC

If he can add 10-20 million to his fee and get us close to a title before he leaves in the next window at least he won't be a complete waste of space.

InfiniteBoredom

There's only one condition we try and sing Haaland and that's if he drops Riaola
That’s your condition.

As I said, it doesn’t matter what you or I think about Raiola. As long as he still hold sway over a dozen of the best players in the business, clubs will be lining up to deal with him. Somehow in this scenario you’ve concocted, we didn’t try for Haaland just over a year ago when he was already a Raiola’s client.

Giggsy13

I dislike Pogba but I won’t be daft in suggesting that I’m not pleased by his performances this season. Today was a MOTM display, which should’ve been topped off by a goal. Ole won’t get credit but he should get some of it. The easy choice would have been to freeze Pogba's out following comments by Raiola. However, Ole has kept him in and obviously used a bit of good man management to keep Pogba interested and motivated. Having a disgruntled player like Pogba would disrupt the squad harmony, instead we saw the celebrations following the win today. It matters to Pogba that we win and that’s all that we need if this is indeed his final season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I mean maybe this was all just part of a play to get him back in the team? Seems odd that he wasn't starting games before this and has been a fixture in the side since

That being said he either signs a new contract this season or we sell but I can just seeing it being a 'thing' that he leaves us twice on a free

Mindhunter

I am one of his biggest critics but credit where it is due. He was amazing today. Full marks to Ole for finding a way to fit him into the squad and get the best out of him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You've lost your minds if you think dealing with Raiola again is worth it. How are we supposed to build a team if we've got wantaway players every two seasons because Raiola has told them he'll get them to Madrid via United? You want a repeat of this scenario in a couple of years? There's only one condition we try and sign Haaland and that's if he drops Riaola
Do you think if some hot player come available and us City and Chelsea are interested we'll say "no thanks it's Raiola".

Would be good if we could, but the truth is you simply miss out.
Like when we tried to take a stand against agents fees and lost out on Hazard.

crossy1686

career ending
That’s your condition.

As I said, it doesn’t matter what you or I think about Raiola. As long as he still hold sway over a dozen of the best players in the business, clubs will be lining up to deal with him. Somehow in this scenario you’ve concocted, we didn’t try for Haaland just over a year ago when he was already a Raiola’s client.
We didn't. We tried to get in there and sign him before Riaola became part of his advisory panel, which happened after Ole's trip to see him and his dad in Norway.

crossy1686

career ending
Do you think if some hot player come available and us City and Chelsea are interested we'll say "no thanks it's Raiola".

Would be good if we could, but the truth is you simply miss out.
Like when we tried to take a stand against agents fees and lost out on Hazard.
No, I think us, City and Chelsea will all refuse to do business with Haaland based on Raiola being involved in the deal. The reported agents fees in any deal for Haaland are apparently around £12m. Guess who's pocket that goes in?

Then in two seasons he's looking to move him to Madrid so he can do the same again. Stupid business.

No, I think us, City and Chelsea will all refuse to do business with Haaland based on Raiola being involved in the deal. The reported agents fees in any deal for Haaland are apparently around £12m. Guess who's pocket that goes in?

Then in two seasons he's looking to move him to Madrid so he can do the same again. Stupid business.
maybe one of those clubs, might in one particular instance refuse to do a deal based on agent fees. But the reality is that there won’t be some sort of blanket refusal to do business with him.

wasn’t he Lukaku’s agent when we sold him to inter?

you simply can’t refuse to deal with a guy who has some of the worlds best players at his stable. Other agents also charge ridiculous fees, it’s a nonsensical stance to take.

Revaulx

How so? We have Greenwood, Rashford, McTominay, AWB, Maguire and Henderson, all of which are regular starters except Henderson. How many more players do you need to call this a "British core"?
Signings. The first lot were all British: Maguire, AWB, James. Then we were being linked with Rice, one or both Longstaffs, Maddison. Ok, maybe just press talk, but still...

Instead we moved on to Bruno, Telles, VdB, and a few promising foreign youngsters. Presumably someone worked out that the British premium wasn’t worth it.

crossy1686

career ending
maybe one of those clubs, might in one particular instance refuse to do a deal based on agent fees. But the reality is that there won’t be some sort of blanket refusal to do business with him.

wasn’t he Lukaku’s agent when we sold him to inter?

you simply can’t refuse to deal with a guy who has some of the worlds best players at his stable. Other agents also charge ridiculous fees, it’s a nonsensical stance to take.
As I said in a previous post, he has no clients at teams who are considered to be the pinnacle of world football. He gets his clients to teams that are desperate and have money. Ultimately though his clients don't win many trophies but they do get rich.

Bwuk

If we win the league he won’t leave imo.

No-one can afford him. He’s worth more to us than we’d sell him for.

As I said in a previous post, he has no clients at teams who are considered to be the pinnacle of world football. He gets his clients to teams that are desperate and have money. Ultimately though his clients don't win many trophies but they do get rich.
Haaland will most likely buck that trend. He’s going to a top club.

Not with those agents fees and other add on's Riaola chucks in. If he wants to go to a top club they don't have to pay it
within 2 years he will be at a top club. Quote me on it. There are hardly any decent strikers in the world under 25 (who don’t play as an inside left forward). There’s going to be a hell of a battle for him.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Dont want to get ahead of myself, and I cant really see us win it, but IF somehow we manage to win the title, I cant see Pogba walking away from that. Plus I dont think Ole would play him as much if he felt hes just passing time till the summer.

GMoore23

Seriously, you want another Raiola client?? He’ll never play for United

If Haaland wants to be here he can tell Raiola to keep his mouth shut.
I think Pogba is Massively to blame for Raiolas antics during his time here.

Fluctuation0161

His problem has always been consistency and motivation. He is playing well because he is in the shop window.

To all those calling for him to get a new contract, the day after he signs his consistency will go back to unpredictable. Either way, I think he is leaving the club in Summer. It will be good for us that he is playing in our shop window, but that shows how his mentality works.