Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Cool. I will also personally make comments like ”the ps5 is to good for you” , ”you dont know how to get the best out of it” and ”your asshole neighbour wants to buy it from you for £50 and the ps5 wants to go there” in public 4 to 6 times a year just to make sure you get the whole experience.
:lol: not sure why this made me laugh so much.

TheGame

The Sun reported that Pogba was quitting his international career. Pogba quickly tweeted to deny that there was any truth in that statement. His agent says the things that he says and Pogba tweets that his hair is better than Telles' hair. So while Pogba hasn't said any of this stuff himself, he also hasn't spoken out against it, so it might as well have come straight from his mouth...
Exactly this, no idea where the argument that he hasn't anything negative about the club comes from. Unless he flat out denies it, its unprofessional and an insult to the club and team mates right before an important game.

Dyslexic Untied

I blame us. We should have found a way to shoehorn him into the team in a way that gets the most out of his strengths:

1) Standing, back to goal, in the center of the pitch while dribbling by stepping repeatedly on the ball in order to show that whilst you are getting nowhere you are capable of shielding the football
2) When 1) fails, falling to the ground and getting up slowly enough to not be involved in the opponent's counter attack
3) Pretending to track back only when you have waited long enough to ensure that it is physically impossible for you to catch the ball carrier/the man you were marking
4) Using too many touches on counters in order to slow the game down and ensure focus on your ability to do 1)
5) Disappearing completely in all matches against top competition except when there is a possibility to concede a penalty stupidly
6) Not being able to play as a deep lying midfielder, a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder in a midfield two or three
7) Having provocative hair

Monkey bus

I don’t get why Raiola gets all the hassle he does. When Zlatan or Miki were here there were never any negative comments in the media from Raiola when they weren’t in the team.

Its clearly orchestrated by the player. Pogba’s shown his true colours by giving a rare post game interview to MUTV talking about himself and bigging up how he’s a team player. Then 2 days later allowing his agent to come out with this in what is the biggest week of our season so far.

He‘s not a team player at all. He’s an overrated bell pipe.

RashyForPM

I don’t get why Raiola gets all the hassle he does. When Zlatan or Miki were here there were never any negative comments in the media from Raiola when they weren’t in the team.

Its clearly orchestrated by the player. Pogba’s shown his true colours by giving a rare post game interview to MUTV talking about himself and bigging up how he’s a team player. Then 2 days later allowing his agent to come out with this in what is the biggest week of our season so far. Can’t believe I still wanted him back in 2016 despite knowing all the details of his shocking, acrimonious departure in 2012.

Good point. You’d expect Zlatan to be a right bellend when playing second fiddle, especially to arguably inferior players in Lukaku and Rashford at the time, but he kept his mouth shut and kept working. Pogba is clearly orchestrating and instigating Raiola’s actions. Most irritating player we’ve had since I began supporting the club in 2008.

jamesjimmybyrondean

When he leaves it will feel like the shackles are off. Spent his entire time here looking for who to free him when him leaving is what frees us

Jonesno.8

Defo a ploy to get us to drop price to get rid next month by making us feel he is too much trouble and disruptive.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Its clearly orchestrated by the player. Pogba’s shown his true colours by giving a rare post game interview to MUTV talking about himself and bigging up how he’s a team player. Then 2 days later allowing his agent to come out with this in what is the biggest week of our season so far.

Money. Pogba can make him more money than any other client.

Look at Ibra's career, he's been all over the place and no doubt made Mino a pretty penny each time. It's just that Ibra is God-level in his capacity to come in and immediately settle and bring success to a club over a 2-3 year stay. He's the perfect client for Mino.

Pogba on the other hand is anything but. He's inconsistent, struggles to impose himself and isn't able to drag teams over the line. Add to that his injury problems and he's just not the sort of player to guarantee a few years of success at one club.

Pogba is now reaching the stage in his career that Mkhi was at when he joined us (mad!) and probably only has 2 big moves left in him. Mino needs to milk his cashcow.

RashyForPM

In regards to the thread title, this should be the end for Raiola at United too. Never take on one of his clients again. I’m being totally serious, in the hypothetical situation that Haaland becomes available for free in January, I’d still put in his contract that he’ll have to unceremoniously dump Raiola as his agent. Otherwise, it’s still a no-go. At least we’ll be taking a stand despite rejecting the hottest youngster in football for a long while.

He just can never be allowed to mess us around ever again.

Stacks

I will kind of feel a sense of relief that its over and we can finally move forward and build a team because in a way, trying to fit him in and the constant need to buy this and that player to "finally unlock Pogba" was getting nauseating.

He is a good player but I kinda envisage the Coutinho effect that Liverpool experienced. It can be disruptive constantly trying to fit someone in because they are good but messing up the balance of the team. We have Bruno, we have Fred, we have Donny. Now just sign a midfieder who can pass and tackle consistently from deep and I feel we have a good mix of midfielders.

Lemansky

Always been a big Pogba fan and think he was our most important attacking player for large parts of his time here, however now we have Bruno they don't fit in the same side that well, and Bruno is simply better. Riola is an unprofessional twat and I hope he never represents another one of our players, but he's not wrong in what he's saying assuming Pogba is unhappy. In his defense, Pogba has never once publicly said anything negative about United, which either makes him more professional than he appears or makes you wonder how unhappy he really is.
Everything Mino says, Pogba says. How difficult is that to understand? Raiola is an employee of Pogba that he pays millions. Our supporters need to stop being this delusional. That Pogba comes out with comments like these the day before a very important game for the club is literally one of the most unprofessional things he can do. No respect for his fellow players, management, club and supporters.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That’s why you hire Jose, to keep the crazy egos in check. How do any other top club manage? Jose tried to crack the whip and Pogba got him fired. Now his agent is going on about the next manager? They don’t have a leg to stand on. As I said it’ll be because we either make an underwhelming offer or have refused to make an offer up to this point. He simply doesn’t deserve a huge improved deal so it’s best for all parties to settle up and move on. No dramas. I’ll be glad to see the back of this particular sideshow

hubbuh

Defo a ploy to get us to drop price to get rid next month by making us feel he is too much trouble and disruptive.
Yeah, the guy doesn't give a solitary shit about United as a club. Someone also said FIFA's agent fee restrictions come into play next summer which gives Raiola incentive to get something over the line in January. I wouldn't be surprised if we get offered around €60m in instalments by the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG. Reinvest it in a DM and we'll be much better off. Big shame the way it has gone with Pogba, though. Ho-hum.

Adamsk7

If I was the manager of Utd I would be revelling in this situation just before our big game. I’d send Pogba home and I’d take the rest of the boys in a room and say “ to play for Manchester United is to play with passion, commitment and determination. I will not tolerate any less than 100% and that is the ONLY mentality that will get us back to the top. If you have pride in yourselves, this great team you play for and the love the fans give you, then you’ll go out there and win the game - show everyone what it means to be a Manchester United player” or something to that effect.

we should never tolerate this behaviour from one player and his agent.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That’s why you hire Jose, to keep the crazy egos in check. How do any other top club manage? Jose tried to crack the whip and Pogba got him fired. Now his agent is going on about the next manager? They don’t have a leg to stand on. As I said it’ll be because we either make an underwhelming offer or have refused to make an offer up to this point. He simply doesn’t deserve a huge improved deal so it’s best for all parties to settle up and move on. No dramas. I’ll be glad to see the back of this particular sideshow
Yeah that's a myth :lol: Bad results and bad football got Mourinho fired. When he was benching him, if we were winning games I guarantee you he wouldn't have been sacked.
We all want Pogba out of the club for sure but Jose fired himself basically when he started the season with so much negativity

Yeah, the guy doesn't give a solitary shit about United as a club. Someone also said FIFA's agent fee restrictions come into play next summer which gives Raiola incentive to get something over the line in January. I wouldn't be surprised if we get offered around €60m in instalments by the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG. Reinvest it in a DM and we'll be much better off. Big shame the way it has gone with Pogba, though. Ho-hum.
90m+ or he stays.

svn

If I was the manager of Utd I would be revelling in this situation just before our big game. I’d send Pogba home and I’d take the rest of the boys in a room and say “ to play for Manchester United is to play with passion, commitment and determination. I will not tolerate any less than 100% and that is the ONLY mentality that will get us back to the top. If you have pride in yourselves, this great team you play for and the love the fans give you, then you’ll go out there and win the game - show everyone what it means to be a Manchester United player” or something to that effect.

we should never tolerate this behaviour from one player and his agent.
We still need to consider the commercial aspect. If we dump Pogba into the reserves and make it clear he's got no future here, that will impact the fee we can receive.

mewnew11

I have unfollowed him on all social media accounts.

Good player but You need to keep the club first. Ole should bench him

Chief123

I’m not a Pogba hater. I’ve loved him when he’s been good for us (which isn’t often enough) and I’ve been furious with him when he’s put mediocre performances in (which is more often than it should be).

But in all honesty, can anyone actually say he’s been a successful signing in the 5 years we’ve had him? The one year under Jose is the only season where I’d regard it as “successful”.

For the position he plays and the money he cost, he has never been consistent enough to warrant being a success.

In 10 years time, I can’t imagine many fans thinking back about the great times with Pogba like we do with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo etc.

I’m honesty delighted to see an end to his nonsense.

Regardless of what effect it has on our play going forward, I would no longer have him in the team until January and just ship him out. We will fight on without him.

I was actually worried about him coming back from injury because while he was out we looked more reliable as a unit and better balanced.

Bulldog United

That's cool.

We'll see if someone comes forward with an offer worthwhile us accepting. If not, he can enjoy his 18 month sabbatical from football and start negotiating with clubs in 13 months.

Is that a realistic figure given the global economic context and his contract situation? Anything more than that and I'd be pleasantly surprised. The fact that Juventus and Real Madrid are both currently floundering certainly helps us I suppose.
Juve were clear how much they felt Pogba was worth when they sold him. Pogba is now a world cup winner. If they want him they can pay.

Strelok

Incredible timing to say this after the one good game he's had in months:lol:.

Can't wait for him and his agent/brother/entire circus to feck off from this club.
Fixed it for you :)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Theres currently 9 threads on the front page all about pogba.

Surely thats excessive.

Butty19

Fernandez is the player we probably all thought Pogba would be. He’s not someone you can build a team around, he’s a luxury you add when you’ve built a team. Get rid, there are plenty of players out there that will do a better job.

ROFLUTION

To think we paid that idiot agent what, 25-30m gbp?

Only to advocate Pauls next move constantly. How can such a shitty agreement be tolerated is beyond me

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I’m not a Pogba hater. I’ve loved him when he’s been good for us (which isn’t often enough) and I’ve been furious with him when he’s put mediocre performances in (which is more often than it should be).

But in all honesty, can anyone actually say he’s been a successful signing in the 5 years we’ve had him? The one year under Jose is the only season where I’d regard it as “successful”.

For the position he plays and the money he cost, he has never been consistent enough to warrant being a success.

In 10 years time, I can’t imagine many fans thinking back about the great times with Pogba like we do with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo etc.

I’m honesty delighted to see an end to his nonsense.

Regardless of what effect it has on our play going forward, I would no longer have him in the team until January and just ship him out. We will fight on without him.

I was actually worried about him coming back from injury because while he was out we looked more reliable as a unit and better balanced.
Arguably he was more disappointing than sanchez

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
When he left the first time I was on the old ESPN message boards and remember arguing with quite a few United supporters that it was good that he left. My thought at the time was, who does this kid think he is to demand higher wages when he's barely played? His time would come. And when he steps into the first team, his current contract would be renegotiated.

Some argued that the return of Scholes that year sealed his fate and effected his development. My argument was that he was just a teen and his time will come. It's not like we don't give our youth a chance.

He signed for Juve and went on to start 18 games that year in the Serie A, which is probably about how many he would have started for us.

Fast forward to 2016 and we resign Pogba. My first thought was, why are we bringing back a player who SAF couldn't be bothered with? If SAF didn't fight for him, then he's not worth it. But I wanted to like him. He was one of the most exciting midfielders in Europe and our team was screaming for some star power in that position.
And trust me...I tried. I really tried.

But I have never seen a player with some much talent play with such little heart. On more than one occasion he got out played by Mark fecking Noble. Let that sink in. I have always said that Ramos is the most overrated player in the history of the game. That's not true. Pogba is.

If it were up to me, he wouldn't even see the bench for United ever again. I don't care how good he can be. Much like "Scholes was taking playing time away from him", he is taking playing time away from VdB. He is a virus.

I've seen people argue that we play him out of position and that it's Ole's fault for not getting the most out of him. Sorry, but that's all on Pogba. Mourinho was right. He's a virus. Get him out. And if he plays today, I will lose all respect that I have for Ole...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
There’s been no renouncement from Pogba and if we don’t get one it’ll send out a clear message,”I’m bigger than the club.”

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The timing of the announcement was key, it’s turned fans and maybe staff against PP now. Now Jabba can go to Ed and demand he’s let go from a club where he’s not wanted or appreciated. I hope Ed tells them both to feck off and find a new club that’s willing to pay.

unfortunately I cannot see any club willing to pay transfer fee, salary and huge agent salary. It’s just not feasible anymore.

crossy1686

career ending
The timing of the announcement was key, it’s turned fans and maybe staff against PP now. Now Jabba can go to Ed and demand he’s let go from a club where he’s not wanted or appreciated. I hope Ed tells them both to feck off and find a new club that’s willing to pay.

unfortunately I cannot see any club willing to pay transfer fee, salary and huge agent salary. It’s just not feasible anymore.
Our best hope is PSG but they have been trying to stay in the good books with UEFA in regards to FFP recently but hopefully, they see Pogba as the French crown jewel to their project.

Alternatively, our only other options are Italian teams. They're the only bunch that remembers him fondly, the rest of Europe doesn't rate him enough.