Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

automaticflare

Have zero issue if he moves but he was quality today and we don’t have any other player who can put his foot on the ball like he can.

we shouldn’t ever compare Fernandez to him. Bruno always wants forward!, goal!, assist! Which heis exceptional at right now. Pogba has a much more bigger picture to his game than Bruno IMO.

but anyways, don’t sell before we replace. Buy grealish now. If he goes he goes but only in summer.
I think Pogba is class but I think grealish for example has a better mentality and would succeed at united more than Pogba.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Ole has done well managing Pogba, today he put in top performance. The squad is heavily rotated and Pogba plays a part in key matches if we win the championship. If Juventus or Real comes in with a good offer, we will take it. With this pandemic, I am not sure any club is willing to offer a huge transfer fee or wages. Pogba might extend his contract. If he put in a performance like tonight, we definitely needs to keep him. We just needs 3-4 players (CB, CDM, CF and RB) , we will be one of the favourites again. I don't think we need Sancho for now. Greenwood, Diallo and Rushford can all play on the right.

shahzy

I reckon whatever he wants, we respect it. No point having an unhappy player because they don't instinctually give 100%. It's subconscious.

If he does decide he wants to go then so be it. But you gotta put in effort when you are asked to play though which he really did today. Nothing more can be asked

MattofManchester

If he plays like that from now till the season's end, we wouldn't have to play an extra midfielder, and I'd have no qualms with him signing a new contract.

That's a massively big, fat IF.

phenry

And the circus will continue next year. Problem with big Raiola clients is that they will look to move every 3-4 years. There is a pattern.

Zlatan , Pogba , Halaand , Lukaku, De ligt- the list goes on.
So don't let him move, let him risk loosing his place in the French team, fight for his career here, and
maybe one of those clubs, might in one particular instance refuse to do a deal based on agent fees. But the reality is that there won’t be some sort of blanket refusal to do business with him.

wasn’t he Lukaku’s agent when we sold him to inter?

you simply can’t refuse to deal with a guy who has some of the worlds best players at his stable. Other agents also charge ridiculous fees, it’s a nonsensical stance to take.
It's not just the fees he charges. He unsettles his players so they can get transfers. He shouldn't have discussed Pogba the way he did even if it did help his marketing of PP

Member 120012

Pogba played further forward without defensive duties is working. I think some has tried to get him to be a keane etc but that was never him he isn't good enough . I think he will move but now we are getting a turn out of him lets just enjoy the run. He is a handful in the right circumstances.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he plays like that from now till the season's end, we wouldn't have to play an extra midfielder, and I'd have no qualms with him signing a new contract.

That's a massively big, fat IF.
Don‘t even think about it mate. We have enough with Raiola. How can someone wants that guy to dictate things. Sack the agent first then we can think about it.

Chicharo

After that Raiola's statement, Pogba has been one of our best players. He definitely looks like he genuinely cares and enjoys playing for us.
Still can't actually grasp what is in his mind, especially after not reacting at all on what his manager had said. Still wish he would stay with us. On his day he is a damn good player

After that Raiola's statement, Pogba has been one of our best players. He definitely looks like he genuinely cares and enjoys playing for us.
Still can't actually grasp what is in his mind, especially after not reacting at all on what his manager had said. Still wish he would stay with us. On his day he is a damn good player
it’s a strange situation, and we clearly only see a very small slice of what’s actually happening. It appears from the outside that Pogba has a good relationship with the manager.

the statement from Raiola looks odder and odder each game Pogba plays.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Massive conundrum, he was excellent yesterday but still does some strange things, like trying a Hollywood ball and giving it away needlessly.

His work rate seemed brilliant yesterday, didn’t play like a player desperately unhappy and who wants out.

red thru&thru

Pogba will leave in the summer. Ive3made peace with that. And I'm pretty positive Ole and co have earmarked a more than capable replacement.

I personally can't wait for Pogba to leave due to his comments when he's with France and most of all because of the pizza delivery man.

However, I must say, since Raiola's comments, Pogba has played really well. It maybe due to him turning it on to showcase to his perspective buyers that he still has it. But I can see a desire in him to do well.

I knew today he was up for it. Why? At the start of the match, when ref blows the whistle, all player take the knee, however, Pogba started running off. He totally forgot about taking the knee. To me that just showed his eagerness and the tactic was to ping him the ball soon as Maguire got it...as that is exactly what happened.

But long may it continue. If he helps us win #21, he goes with my blessings.

red_de_pologne

You have to think why would he want to leave now? To win another title with Juve? Surely he feels we're as good as ever since he came here, there's no spotlight on him, he has good players around, if we're challenging for trophies come May, he must be wondering if leaving is the right move.

Chicharo

it’s a strange situation, and we clearly only see a very small slice of what’s actually happening. It appears from the outside that Pogba has a good relationship with the manager.

the statement from Raiola looks odder and odder each game Pogba plays.
Word. If Pogba wants to stay, we should do everything in our power to keep him

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
In nature birds do a song and a dance to attract a mate. This is exactly what Raiola and Juve are doing.

They seem to be forgetting that our Pog has clocked the Serie A game many times and has no need to return to them. They're singing and dancing to get an amazing midfielder on a free again and they can fcuk off.

So can the British media outlets for not giving him his dues for amazing performances in the Man Utd midfield. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a Boss and he's getting the best out of our Pogba.

Yesterday he was amazing and on another day would have gotten 2 goals easy. Its a challenge for Pogba to win the EPL after getting half a dozen Scudetti.

DevilsOwn

Massive conundrum, he was excellent yesterday but still does some strange things, like trying a Hollywood ball and giving it away needlessly.

His work rate seemed brilliant yesterday, didn’t play like a player desperately unhappy and who wants out.
Think that he is putting himself in the shop window.
Must know that
a. We won't let him go cheap.
b. His performance over last year doesn't merit a huge transfer fees esp. Post covid.

So, he is motivated to show how good he can be.

Loon

:lol:
Would not be surprised if United have already agreed to let him go in exchange for giving his best for the remaining time he is here.

Cloud7

Would not be surprised if United have already agreed to let him go in exchange for giving his best for the remaining time he is here.
To be honest, at this point that's all we really need. We're potentially in a title race here. Stay and give your all for the rest of the season, don't kick up a fuss, and we let you go in the summer without too much of a hassle, AKA we don't Dortmund him. In the summer he goes, and we hopefully get someone like Graelish in as his replacement. Everyone gets what they want in the end (And we're hopefully one title stronger)

phenry

He won’t apply himself, he never has. He’s been here for 5 seasons and hasn’t wanted to be here for 3 of those.

Pogba has never been and definitely isn’t now, our best player so don’t worry one bit about him going and it making us weaker. It won’t because no matter who we bring in to replace him, they will be more invested and play better than he has for the best part of 2 seasons.

Why do we want to make it hard for shit players who constantly get their agents to flash their arse at Real Madrid, to stay at United? Here’s an idea, don’t buy them in the first place? Do your homework and stay away from anyone that’s a client of Raiola for a start.

If you seriously think letting Pogba sign a new contract and sit on our bench or reserves at £250k a week you’ve absolutely lost your marbles.
He applied himself fairly well yesterday and I don't think he'd ever be on the bench for too long. He has performances like yesterdays in his locker and I think he has it in him to be world class again. Once he sees the team is worth sticking around for and good enough for him to have to fight for his place he will step up.

Behind the Raiola bullsht he's world class but as a club we can't allow agents to unsettle the team. It's pretty much what ole has been doing only I'd insist he publicly backs the team or he sits on the bench because we have standards that his agent breached on his behalf. Maybe I'm too harsh on the incident but the timing was terrible and a little tone deaf too. If Raiola wants to promote him he should say he's ready to work for the team etc and privately look for a new club. Bit of respect for the club he's with and all that. Ole should be comfortable with the choice of dropping him because tough love will work better than panic selling.

Suvvernmanc

At this stage Pogba is the luxury player that we dont need. Ole prefers 2 hard working CM with a #10 and that is what we have with Scott, Fred and Bruno.

If we get a bid of £50m for him I'd snap their hands off. We would be much better off with Grealish in the setup. Plus Donny and Matic with the latter proving he is perfect as backup to shore up the control of a game.

A midfield group of Matic, Scott, Fred, Donny, Bruno and Grealish is tasty.

crossy1686

career ending
He applied himself fairly well yesterday and I don't think he'd ever be on the bench for too long. He has performances like yesterdays in his locker and I think he has it in him to be world class again. Once he sees the team is worth sticking around for and good enough for him to have to fight for his place he will step up.

Behind the Raiola bullsht he's world class but as a club we can't allow agents to unsettle the team. It's pretty much what ole has been doing only I'd insist he publicly backs the team or he sits on the bench because we have standards that his agent breached on his behalf. Maybe I'm too harsh on the incident but the timing was terrible and a little tone deaf too. If Raiola wants to promote him he should say he's ready to work for the team etc and privately look for a new club. Bit of respect for the club he's with and all that. Ole should be comfortable with the choice of dropping him because tough love will work better than panic selling.
He applied himself (and will do until the summer) because his agent told the world he's leaving on a free or at a reduced price this summer. It's called putting yourself in the shop window. He has never been world class, it's only people on this forum that seem to think he CAN be world class, yet he's probably up there with our worst transfers ever when you look at outlay for return.

There is no panic selling. Pogba will leave on a free in the summer of 2022. We have two options, 1. let him do that, 2. sell him this summer to the highest bidder.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Played alright last night, long overdue.

But not amazing, or world class as some on here, and Darren Bent, seem to think.

Waiting for someone to suggest we should build a team round him...

The United

Have zero issue if he moves but he was quality today and we don’t have any other player who can put his foot on the ball like he can.

we shouldn’t ever compare Fernandez to him. Bruno always wants forward!, goal!, assist! Which heis exceptional at right now. Pogba has a much more bigger picture to his game than Bruno IMO.

but anyways, don’t sell before we replace. Buy grealish now. If he goes he goes but only in summer.
I think Pogba is class but I think grealish for example has a better mentality and would succeed at united more than Pogba.
Like what exactly?

gottho

Just move him on, too much baggage, no one is be bigger than the club, I can't forgive and forget how his agent disrespected the club, sir Alex would have shown him the door immediately. He plays for himself rather than the team.

Mainoldo

Played alright last night, long overdue.

But not amazing, or world class as some on here, and Darren Bent, seem to think.

Waiting for someone to suggest we should build a team round him...
He plays where he likes to be played and we get a game suitable to Ole’s first stint in charge. It’s not rocket science. Stop giving PP defensive duties and we might actually win a league title.

Cantonagotmehere

At this stage Pogba is the luxury player that we dont need. Ole prefers 2 hard working CM with a #10 and that is what we have with Scott, Fred and Bruno.

If we get a bid of £50m for him I'd snap their hands off. We would be much better off with Grealish in the setup. Plus Donny and Matic with the latter proving he is perfect as backup to shore up the control of a game.

A midfield group of Matic, Scott, Fred, Donny, Bruno and Grealish is tasty.
Agreed. He was very good last game but still did not track runners and was lazy at times. We need full effort, all the time. I like Pogba, I just think he wants to be elsewhere so get good money for him and move on.

The Red Thinker

It’s been a while since United have been in a position of power regarding players.
No longer are we in thrall of talents that don’t want to be here.

If Pogba is serious about going - sell him for £80m. He’s still in his prime and there are enough powerhouses out there outside of England who can take him.

We can look for better players for the system and the culture. Better fits.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He plays where he likes to be played and we get a game suitable to Ole’s first stint in charge. It’s not rocket science. Stop giving PP defensive duties and we might actually win a league title.
You should've taken charge instead of Moyes

phenry

He applied himself (and will do until the summer) because his agent told the world he's leaving on a free or at a reduced price this summer. It's called putting yourself in the shop window. He has never been world class, it's only people on this forum that seem to think he CAN be world class, yet he's probably up there with our worst transfers ever when you look at outlay for return.

There is no panic selling. Pogba will leave on a free in the summer of 2022. We have two options, 1. let him do that, 2. sell him this summer to the highest bidder.
They are two options we have but we have the option on how to handle him now either by letting himself put himself in the shop window or take a sterner approach, and demand him and his agent show the club more respect, let his value go down, and if he changes his approach let him back in. I want him to stay but I don't think it's worth it if he can't at least publicly support the club. Every one pussy foots around this crap. Afraid to loose value or the player himself. I say grow a pair and see what kind of man he is. My money would be on a positive response

Amerifan

After defending him since his arrival, I’ve pretty much tuned him out now. Has there been any movement on a transfer?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I'm hoping we keep him. Only player with the ability and bravery to spray tantalising passes as how he envisions it in his head.

Also made a couple of key defensive blocks against Villa. If he keeps this form up, his departure will be a massive loss to us. That blabber mouth of an agent is harmless if Pogba knows he wants to play with us and shows the work-ethic to back it up.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'm hoping we keep him. Only player with the ability and bravery to spray tantalising passes as how he envisions it in his head.

Also made a couple of key defensive blocks against Villa. If he keeps this form up, his departure will be a massive loss to us. That blabber mouth of an agent is harmless if Pogba knows he wants to play with us and shows the work-ethic to back it up.
You think Pogba upping his work rate and form coming on the back of his blabber mouth agent saying he's done at Utd is a coincidence?

That's sweet.

championo

Top Stalker

I disagree it will be a massive loss. I think for how we are shaping up, Jack Grealish is a better fit for us right now than Pogba. Grealish is just a football player, looks the grind, reminds me of becks with his tireless running in both attacking and defending. Grealish is a Manchester United player period. Say good riddance to Raiola and his Pogba who is absolutely now putting in the world to lure a sucka to pay for him. Is Juve still interested?
I like Pogba but tired of his BS. Don't care anymore. I am focused on those who want to be here and want to play for Manchester United.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
You think Pogba upping his work rate and form coming on the back of his blabber mouth agent saying he's done at Utd is a coincidence?

That's sweet.
Pogba isn't a consummate professional by any stretch of the imagination but he genuinely seems to be clicking with the current squad, coincidence or otherwise. The rest is simply conjecture.

Kyonn

You know I don't begrudge Pogba for wanting to leave. He just doesn't fit and that's not his fault. His best position is LM in a single pivot 4-3-3, when played there he's world class. Unfortunately Ole doesn't play that way. I would want to leave too.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I disagree it will be a massive loss. I think for how we are shaping up, Jack Grealish is a better fit for us right now than Pogba. Grealish is just a football player, looks the grind, reminds me of becks with his tireless running in both attacking and defending. Grealish is a Manchester United player period. Say good riddance to Raiola and his Pogba who is absolutely now putting in the world to lure a sucka to pay for him. Is Juve still interested?
I like Pogba but tired of his BS. Don't care anymore. I am focused on those who want to be here and want to play for Manchester United.
Fair point but Pogba doesn't need to be put on a shop window, clubs know what he is capable of at least from a technical standpoint.

Grealish will be an awesome replacement if Pogba leaves but somehow I feel Woodward will twiddle his thumbs on making a bid until it is too late. How much is Grealish worth?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You have to think why would he want to leave now? To win another title with Juve? Surely he feels we're as good as ever since he came here, there's no spotlight on him, he has good players around, if we're challenging for trophies come May, he must be wondering if leaving is the right move.
Even if we wins the league, he will still leave because Raiola is one of the main factor why he will leave. Not only the circus Raiola has brought up but also Raiola will ask crazy amount of wages and crazy amount of agent fees for his own sake and his client sake. If Ed falls into it then I’m disappointed.