Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

ReallyUSA

I understand we bottled it against RB, but man I just wonder if the team would've been a bit more focused if Raiola had a bit more class. I like Pogba, as a I said before, he reminds me of someone who would be around me and my friends here in the states. However, it's obvious he doesn't want to be here, the team doesn't need him anymore, and he honestly fell flat a lot of the times we needed him to soar. I hope wherever he goes he can be content, and can achieve all the things he wants.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've got to say that since Mino came out with those comments, Pogba has been a lot better for us. Cheers Mino, you fat cretin!
My theory is that we've already agreed to let him move on and he's got his next club sorted so he doesn't have his future playing on his mind constantly.

I remember when it looked nailed on he'd renew during the summer and he was talking about how good it was to play behind Bruno and Rash/Martial/Mason. Sigh. I'll never get over what a waste his time at the club was, hopefully he continues performing and delivers us a title as a parting gift.

AFC NimbleThumb

I remember when it looked nailed on he'd renew during the summer and he was talking about how good it was to play behind Bruno and Rash/Martial/Mason. Sigh. I'll never get over what a waste his time at the club was, hopefully he continues performing and delivers us a title as a parting gift.
Player of the Tournament the last time we won a European trophy but yes, it’s a disappointment from beginning to end :rolleyes:

The man has never lived up to the [ridiculous] hype, & he’s had some lows but during this barren period our best moments have generally come with him in the team or you know, er, Bruno.

Tonight was another example of why he’ll be missed should he go.

We’ve got a £40mil dutchman on the bench that’ll be fed to the fans as Pogba’s replacement next season, let’s see how he turns draws at Newcastle/PSG/Burnley into wins before we act as if Pogba’s done nothing for 4+ years.

Infra-red

My theory is that we've already agreed to let him move on and he's got his next club sorted so he doesn't have his future playing on his mind constantly.
Or the fat slug still hasn't been able to find any takers for him, so he's had to put a bit of a shift in.

Player of the Tournament the last time we won a European trophy but yes, it’s a disappointment from beginning to end :rolleyes:

The man has never lived up to the [ridiculous] hype, & he’s had some lows but during this barren period our best moments have generally come with him in the team or you know, er, Bruno.

Tonight was another example of why he’ll be missed should he go.

We’ve got a £40mil dutchman on the bench that’ll be fed to the fans as Pogba’s replacement next season, let’s see how he turns draws at Newcastle/PSG/Burnley into wins before we act as if Pogba’s done nothing for 4+ years.
When I say waste I don't mean he was useless, I'm a massive fan of Pogba the player. Our best periods since Ferguson have come with him playing well. Just a shame inconsistencies/injuries combined with him being surrounded with poor players have lead to us achieving very little (Europa league was great, no doubt) while having such a prodigiously talented player at our club.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He will be forgiven and we won’t blame him again... for a week! He earns that.

AFC NimbleThumb

When I say waste I don't mean he was useless, I'm a massive fan of Pogba the player. Our best periods since Ferguson have come with him playing well. Just a shame inconsistencies/injuries combined with him being surrounded with poor players have lead to us achieving very little (Europa league was great, no doubt) while having such a prodigiously talented player at our club.
My bad mate, appears we’re on the same track.

Top player.

meamth

Always believed that Cardiff abuse fiasco was the start of Pogba hate in our fan base. Then Mourinho's outbursts and Pogba being outspoken that led to locker room turmoil made him the "virus".

Fans since then have been hating him since...

Coops73

Or the fat slug still hasn't been able to find any takers for him, so he's had to put a bit of a shift in.
This is it in a nutshell. He’s played well lately, MOTM last night but I still can’t wait to see the back of him and Raiola whatever happens this season.

RedorDead21

This is it in a nutshell. He’s played well lately, MOTM last night but I still can’t wait to see the back of him and Raiola whatever happens this season.
agreed over the last few years he doesn’t deserve a new improved contract here. Regardless of what we win this season and his role in that. Love watching him on his day but yeah, sell and replace with another for me.

RedorDead21

Always believed that Cardiff abuse fiasco was the start of Pogba hate in our fan base. Then Mourinho's outbursts and Pogba being outspoken that led to locker room turmoil made him the "virus".

Fans since then have been hating him since...
nah our eyes don’t lie. He had the stage here to cement himself as one of the worlds Best. He has been no where near the leagues best in the last 5 years.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
agreed over the last few years he doesn’t deserve a new improved contract here. Regardless of what we win this season and his role in that. Love watching him on his day but yeah, sell and replace with another for me.
That’s nonsense though? If Pogba plays like that every game from now to the end of the season and we end up winning it we will all be begging him stay.

Withnail

I've got to say that since Mino came out with those comments, Pogba has been a lot better for us. Cheers Mino, you fat cretin!
It has more to do with the fact we are playing him higher up the pitch.

Long may it continue, we need him fit and in form if we have a chance at mounting a challenge.
I wonder how much fitness and actually being in the conversation about the title comes into it as well. He came back from injury last year and then we had the lockdown which broke the season up. We did well but we were always miles off.

He was definitely off the pace early on this the season after Covid but he looks to have loads of energy now you could se how much winning games and being top of the league means to him.

Of course he could just be playing for a move but if he keeps this up for the rest of the season I'll won't worry too much about that.

RedorDead21

That’s nonsense though? If Pogba plays like that every game from now to the end of the season and we end up winning it we will all be begging him stay.
No we won’t. He is basically playing for cash right now. For his move. Ozil was class doing that. That sums up the issue while year on year their levels just ain’t where they need to be. He wants a move and he will deserve that much, nothing else.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No we won’t. He is basically playing for cash right now. For his move. Ozil was class doing that. That sums up the issue while year on year their levels just ain’t where they need to be. He wants a move and he will deserve that much, nothing else.
Fine but what If Pogba then came out saying, he wants to fight for this club and stay and is excited about the future. If that followed a league win in which he played a key role would you still not want him to stay? (I get that’s a lot of what ifs!)

dinostar77

Duncan Castles said on the Transfer Window podcast that Pogba has form for doing this. Everytime Riaola says something about Pogba leaving then Pogba's performances improve. As if to showcase to potential suitors hiw good he can be. But it never lasts.

Then again maybe he is motivated by the chance of winning the league.

Judas

Open to offers
He'd 100% love to win the league with us, he loves the club, he wants us to be challenging for top trophies. If we drop off as a whole, sadly I've no doubt his form will as well though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He'd 100% love to win the league with us, he loves the club, he wants us to be challenging for top trophies. If we drop off as a whole, sadly I've no doubt his form will as well though.
That's why I think he'll stay.

I don't agree with the general idea that he desperately wants to play for Madrid or Barce, I think he wants to win trophies and during his time here we've been miles off of that.

If he cements himself in the team and we at least challenge for the title to the end I think he'd prefer to stay and win titles here rather than move on.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Its hard not to feel cynical towards Pogba. When people mention a theory such as 'he's been told he can go and he is putting himself in the market' - that sounds plausible to me. It also occurred to me last night that he senses a potential title win in this team and he wants to be a part of it - that also sounds plausible.

Honestly if he keeps playing like he did last night then I couldn't care less. It gives us a better chance of a title, and it will only help his market value too. Win win

I'm still not sure I would like him to stay though. The perception that he only performs when he feels like it, or when it suits him to do so, won't go away anytime soon and I think we can do without a player like that.

Conor

He can play like this until the cows come home, I still want him gone. I don't have a major issue with him, but these sorts of fair-weather players just aren't people you want in your team. Hopefully, he is this good for the rest of the season, and then we part ways amicably. I'd rather someone with 80% of his talent, but a Fernandes attitude every day of the week.

red_de_pologne

He plays very well when he's not burdened with massive expectations, he adds so much to a well organised team. He's a luxury player in that sense, you need to have a good team to fully reap the benefits of having Pogba, he's not a man to carry a team on his back.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
People in the match thread going on about Pogba haters listen its hard to warm to a guy that left us once before and has seemingly been angling for a move away since he returned. He is the first player in my lifetime as a United supporter that I feel is just using the club as a stepping stone. I just look at him and feel like he is only on loan and is not a United player and that is his own doing. Raiola says what Pogba wants him to say and whilst Pogba can be a wonderful player I just dont ever get the feeling he performs for United but for his own gain.

tomaldinho1

At this rate, he's gonna end up staying.
He might genuinely have just given up and now, for the first time since he joined, there is an outside chance we can challenge for the PL. That shouldn't be the catalyst for his form but it's human nature I guess.

RUCK4444

I wonder how much fitness and actually being in the conversation about the title comes into it as well. He came back from injury last year and then we had the lockdown which broke the season up. We did well but we were always miles off.

He was definitely off the pace early on this the season after Covid but he looks to have loads of energy now you could se how much winning games and being top of the league means to him.

Of course he could just be playing for a move but if he keeps this up for the rest of the season I'll won't worry too much about that.
Yeah I'm sure that gives every player a boost and an extra incentive to run and play that little bit harder, when there's more at stake. This could be his last stab at winning a Premier League title and he will really want do everything he can to win that, as would any player. It would be a very nice trophy haul for him at the two clubs he's been at and the national team.

He has definitely been affected seriously by Covid, it's hampered his performance and fitness, you can see the energy levels in him now are vastly more than at the beginning of the season.

I'd love for him to come good, stay in the side and renew with us. I've always understood (to an extent!) peoples frustration with him but when he's fit and firing he's always produced very good numbers for us, the best in the team prior to Bruno's arrival.

He's an incredible player, unplayable on his day, I don't want to lose that and only half replace it with a lesser signing.

Jeffthered

That's why I think he'll stay.

I don't agree with the general idea that he desperately wants to play for Madrid or Barce, I think he wants to win trophies and during his time here we've been miles off of that.

If he cements himself in the team and we at least challenge for the title to the end I think he'd prefer to stay and win titles here rather than move on.
Unfortunately, I cannot see this, and in many ways, would prefer him to move on, as this will only continue to be a charade, every season.. I don't want us to be like Arsenal (remember Henry, Van Persie, Ashley Cole..). Pool' got rid of Sterling, Suarez, and now look. Big clubs get rid of discontented players and move on, because it happens.

I absolutely love watching Pogba play, and it's so very sad that it hasn't really worked out. He's awesome, and he is still playing in Third gear I feel! I think he represents another type of player, he doesn't see being the best etc as something that he so concerned about.

See what he does this season, try and recoup transfer fee, reduce the wage bill and move on. Van der Beek, Grealish will have a say in things. They are not at his level, but I doubt if we will replace like-for-like. Be happy to be proven wrong though!

Infra-red

Whatever Pogba's motivation is, the important thing is that he is motivated.

He will be leaving in the summer. If he plays well between now and then, he's more likely to get his pick of clubs and we're more likely to be successful on the pitch and receive a decent fee for him. It's a win for all concerned (no matter how cynical you are).