Raiola talking about Pogba again - For United: Make or break

Superden

so much hate aimed at the agent, and so much of it personal.
it has to be said i doubt any of us if we were professional footballers would mind having him in our corner.

Redlyn

Apparently we have quoted 80m for pogba. If he really wants to go to Madrid, they won't spend 80m on him now. He'll sit tight and go in one year, and there is nothing we can do about it. Just hoping he renews with us.

laughtersassassin

A good and fair comment from Raiola. Basically add to the squad sufficiently and show some ambition and he will stay, if not he will go.

Very Fair and it's exactly what I'd do in his position. No reason to stay if the club have another lackluster summer. We need quality additions. It's a very reasonable stance.

If we didn't have such a poor summer last year he probably would have signed that new contract by now. The problem for our players is they can't trust that we will be ambitious.

It has to happen for them to believe it. That's the difference between us and other clubs.

A summer of Rice and Sancho and he stays as I have always said imo. Basically he wants what's best for the team and himself.

laughtersassassin

These are good comments by Raiola. It puts the onus on United to show ambition which is what we all want.

If they don't Paul will go and we will likely regress and the only people to blame will be the owners.

Simple as.

This is good for us.

A summer of Sancho and Rice and Pogba will sign a new deal. Everyone wins.

peridigm

it has to be said i doubt any of us if we were professional footballers would mind having him in our corner.
The man is a leach. People take it personally because he attacks their football club. Often when the player is still well under contract. Who’s to know whether is under directive of the player or not. Rather we didn’t have to deal with him.

mancan92

What he says about pogba wanting to win things is the only thing that matters. If we were ever in that position he'd be happy. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand

Dve

While it has remained true in general, running down your contract is now a riskier affair than it used to be with the pandemic going on. Medically if they are injured or contract Covid towards the end of their contracts, it may be difficult for them to leverage a good deal. Clubs are in losses as well so the wage/bonus boost associated with free transfers are also far less lucrative than they would have been two years ago. Given the wage crises in Spain, there are going to be fewer bidding wars in general.

Many top players are free agents this summer - Messi, Donnarumma, Alaba, Aguero, Ramos - I'd be surprised if we see a repeat of Ramsey-esque wages for any of them bar Messi either this year, or even the next. Not having the stability of a lucrative contract going into the prime years of your career is a risky call.
Yes, and running down his contract may also be a difficult thing for Pogba to do for other reasons. There is no doubt that Pogba having felt unappreciated by the fans, also has been a factor in him wanting to leave, and while I doubt he´ll be left out in the cold by Ole, he knows the fans will struggle to accept such a move. And now that he feels more loved again - and this story of him being a "virus" in the dressing room (thanks for that, Mourinho...) is sort of dead, would he really welcome all that negativity back again? Perhaps he´ll think short time pain, long time gain, but still.

BULB

It's obvious if he can't get to Madrid he's staying with us.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
United won't let him do that
We don't have a say here, i am afraid. Unless we put a really low price tag on him (50 mil max).

Imo, he is our best player (yes, yes, i know who is Bruno etc...) and we need to keep him at ALL cost. If we buy two or three class players this summer and show intent for title challenge, he will stay. If we go with Longstaff, James and Mings type of signings.....he is off.

Dve

How about a new contract with a release clause of 89m? Maybe that´s what´s needed to make all parts happy.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don’t care either way. Would still prefer to sell him and buy Grealish. If not then he has to extend this summer, otherwise threaten him with only sub appearances next season and stuff like that.

Idxomer

Madrid doesn't have one player worth more than Pogba, so all those swap deal talks are pointless and I bet people at United know that too.

united_99

How about a new contract with a release clause of 89m? Maybe that´s what´s needed to make all parts happy.
We are not going to do this unless it is legal to include the condition that no club in England can activate it (even then I doubt we would do it, but may still consider it at least).

R77

Yeah sure, constantly making me look like a tw@t, always spouting off in the media before big games so that a team endeavour is always about me, me, me... I'd be mortified and embarrassed to have employed the slug. If anything, it makes me question the character of players that use him.

laughtersassassin

How can people not see these comments are positive and gives Ole leverage to perhaps get a better Summer.

He will stay if we show ambition.

hubbuh

Please don't cape for fecking Raiola.

Dve

in theory it’s diplomatic but we let an even more valuable player in Haaland slip through our fingers for the same reason.
A very different situation, though. Pogba is not a youngster, but someone who has already been at the club for years and are entering the final years of his career. I would take that, and maybe the club would do as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

I guess Pogba has told Mino to say this too, huh?

As ive always said, as long as Pogba keeps his head down a plays to the level we know he can - which he certainly has been doing, then thats all he can do.

Its all up to Pogba really. Top players want to win the most prestige titles.

Are we that far off? Personally, I don't think we are but then you have Real Madrid, who some, including myself, deemed as having a poor season, in the semi final of the CL and challenging for the La Liga.

Its a tough one really. I mean, if im Pogba, im looking at our team and thinking about the trajectory it could have. Mino mentioned 'project' and I think the project Ole is building is exciting. From Pogba's point of view however, that may have come three seasons too late.

Dve

We are not going to do this unless it is legal to include the condition that no club in England can activate it (even then I doubt we would do it, but may still consider it at least).
Pogba going to another PL club? Seriously doubt it.

Dve

Yeah sure, constantly making me look like a tw@t, always spouting off in the media before big games so that a team endeavour is always about me, me, me... I'd be mortified and embarrassed to have employed the slug. If anything, it makes me question the character of players that use him.
In fairness, that only happened once, and the interview was even made long time before the match. You are making stuff up, mate.

R77

In fairness, that only happened once, and the interview was even made long time before the match. You are making stuff up, mate.
Maybe. I just find it annoying. We play Liverpool tomorrow. We played some great stuff 2nd half of last game because several players were on top form. Raiola opens his mouth and everything's about Pogba again. It's tiresome.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
A very different situation, though. Pogba is not a youngster, but someone who has already been at the club for years and are entering the final years of his career. I would take that, and maybe the club would do as well.
Its mad how there’s a chance Mino might get someone to pay 150 for haaland but can’t get a decent bid of even half that going for Pogba, at any stage

united_99

Pogba going to another PL club? Seriously doubt it.
I don’t doubt it at all. 2,3,4 years are a long time in football and many stranger things and transfers have happened. Who thought when Fabregas was at Arsenal that he would end up at Chelsea for example?
More importantly anything transfer related is possible with a guy who is close to leaving us on a free for the 2nd time.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Raiola talking up a project at United?

I wonder if he's trying to sell one of his golden eggs, Haaland, to the club?

:drool:

Cantonagotmehere

I truly hope we resign him, it's obvious when on form what he does for the team. But, if we can get 80 mln and actually spend it, fine. I do not want him to be here if he does not want to be.

Varun

Staff
Madrid don't have the money to sign him this summer and with the World cup next year, Pogba cannot afford to fall out of favor at Utd over trying to run down his contract. He'll get a nice 25% hike and extend his contract.

Brophs

The One and Only
What’s been pretty obvious the last couple of years is that there’s no market for Pogba, at least not at the sorts of prices that people have mentioned. No amount of shite talking by Raiola can change that.

RedDevilzFox

We should hire Conner McGregor to represent us in player negotiations, sort of like player have agents. Would love to see him go at the fat prick.

I'd dump PP for 40-50M this summer, we should let Raiola know he needs to find another home for his client.

Oranges038

Realised there is no market and is starting the back tracking. If Pogba signs a new deal he probably gets a fat pay off anyway and in 6 months he'll be back talking his usual shite.