Raiola talking about Pogba again - For United: Make or break

Dve

Raiola on Pogba in his 2 hours interview with AS:

https://as.com/futbol/2021/05/01/reportajes/1619837572_279838.html

"With Pogba, the important thing now is to know what United wants, what project they propose to Pogba. Pogba is interested in one thing, winning the Champions League and winning titles, and we are going to see where this is possible, if at United or at other clubs."

"At one time Pogba felt a lot of love and trust from United, and there were several other clubs… Later, it is very difficult for United and Madrid to understand each other for a great transfer, because strong clubs do not want to sell strong players to other strong clubs. And I'm not going to fool him, for Pogba playing for Madrid was always a very attractive thing for Zidane too. He is his idol as a young man."

Is it possible now? (going to Real Madrid)

"I do not know. I think that nothing is impossible, but football depends on the day. As it is. And you have to be flexible to think of all the possibilities. What if Madrid wants to make a Hazard-Pogba change tomorrow? It is just an example. And if all four parties like it, why not?"

Oldyella

"Oh shit, lots of clubs are broke and I have been talking shit for months"

Tarrou

he can feck off if he thinks he's dumping Hazard on us now after all this bollocks with him

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Yea sure Hazard and a bag of chips for Pogba.
Give the fat italian what he wants and extend Pogba’s contract.

Nickelodeon

"With Pogba, the important thing now is to know what United wants, what project they propose to Pogba. Pogba is interested in one thing, winning the Champions League and winning titles, and we are going to see where this is possible, if at United or at other clubs."

"At one time Pogba felt a lot of love and trust from United, and there were several other clubs… Later, it is very difficult for United and Madrid to understand each other for a great transfer, because strong clubs do not want to sell strong players to other strong clubs. And I'm not going to fool him, for Pogba playing for Madrid was always a very attractive thing for Zidane too. He is his idol as a young man."

"I do not know. I think that nothing is impossible, but football depends on the day. As it is. And you have to be flexible to think of all the possibilities. What if Madrid wants to make a Hazard-Pogba change tomorrow? It is just an example. And if all four parties like it, why not?"
Sure buddy. While you’re at it, please swap Bruno with Mariano as well.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Looks like the rotund Italiano has finally come to the realisation that their options are exceedingly limited.

Hazard-Pogba swap :lol:

Get fecked.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The only way Pogba leaves is a swap deal. I can see us wanting Varane from Madrid but Madrid don't need Pogba. Juve has no player worth swapping that we need.

Dve

Hazard Pogba swap - feck that right off.
The question is, did he mean it as a pure example, or as a suggestion. Hard do know.

The main thing I´m taking form this interview, is the change in attitude, compared to "Pogba is done at United". I actually take this interview as a positive one regarding Pogba, as you get the feeling that Raiola think Pogba to RM is a difficult one.

In the end, it all depends on United, whether Pogba feels we are going anywhere. If he decides to stay, this would actually be quite a statement from Pogba which will also affect the interest United will attract from other players, plus our chances of keeping the ones we´ve already got - such as Fernandes.

This summer window will tell a lot.

Jezpeza

Hazard swap deal? I’d rather have fecking sanchez back. Hazard is a geriatric now

Dve

Hazard swap deal? I’d rather have fecking sanchez back. Hazard is a geriatric now
Again, I´m not sure Railoa meant that literally. I tend to believe it was not an actual suggestion.

phenry

If this is the best Raiola can do to gain a bit of leverage with contract negotiations then there's a good chance he's staying. Very positive news

Reactions: Sultan

spiriticon

Real Madrid and Barca have no money for the next few years unless the Super League is back on. Raiola refuses to accept that.

He still thinks he'll get a 30 million agents fee from them.

You want money? You need to sell to PSG.

Lee565

To flip this in a positive way, hopefully the glazers give ole a big transfer budget this summer in a show of ambition to help keep pogba at the club seeing as they see him as a key asset to the commercial side of the club.

UncleBob

Raiola being Raiola, plenty of ways to interpret this, could simply be pushing Real Madrid in public to get shit done. Naming an extremely expensive player that's been a massive flop is hardly a surprise.

Real Madrid can't finance the spending spree they were hoping, so just depends on who they are going to make their number one priority.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He went from saying there is no chance Pogba stays to pretty much saying it's possible now.

What's clear is that we are in a far better position than Juventus and arguably Real too. We can offer a better financial package, a better stage in the process of rebuild and a better league. I think all signs point to Pogba staying now. Winning the Europa League and being best of the rest, within a good point gap of just City, may well be the push for him and Cavani to be fully bought in if they aren't already.

Jezpeza

Again, I´m not sure Railoa meant that literally. I tend to believe it was not an actual suggestion.
Yeah, but you never know with that fat bellend. Hes probably crying every night becuase no one has the money for his expensive transfers so he isnt making any money

Red Stone

As much shite comes out of this arsehole's mouth as there must be going in, the fat feck.

dinostar77

If pogba refuses to sign a new deal then do a swap for varane.

AS is a real madrid mouthpiece. Perez has been pleading poverty so wouldnt be suprised if via riola he tells Pogba to stay for another season amd sign for madrid on a free next summer.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Maybe I’m an optimist but from his previously firm stance that Pogba is going to leave this feels like a retreat into signing a new deal at Utd. Would be a massive sign of intent.

Nero

Certainly a climb down from his words a few months ago that Pogba's time at United was over.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I've never felt that Madrid have been desperate for Pogba for the past two campaigns. If anything its been Raiola who's been banging this drum.
Madrid seem 'meh' on the whole potential deal.

diarm

Yea sure Hazard and a bag of chips for Pogba.
Give the fat italian what he wants and extend Pogba’s contract.
I reckon Hazard would stay with the bag of chips to be honest.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hazard-Pogba swap was just a example, based on both players profiles. No way would that deal come to fruition and nor should it, thank god.

Giggsyking

I know it is his job to look after his players. But Raiola you are a fecking sack of shit.

OmarUnited4ever

I generally don't pay attention to what Raiola says, he talks a lot, better we ignore him, Pogba though a great player, isn't irreplaceable, i don't mean there other players as good as Pogba and are gettable, just that the team can still perform and win without him, of course I would love it if Pogba stays and extends but the club should not be desperate to keep him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Hazard Pogba swap is the best thing he can come up with :lol:

Let's be honest here, Madrid can't afford him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Stakeholder analysis:
- Raiola desperately wants a move for Pogba
- Pogba is not sure, he's probably interested in more money
- Madrid meh, serious interest has never been confirmed
- Hazard doesn't want a move
- United don't want Hazard
- United are indifferent on losing Pogba, more concerned about getting the money back

Summary
- cash deal unlikely
- Swap deal possible but I don't know who would we want from Real. Casemiro, Varane?
- my reaction to Raiola thinking he can move Pogba and get rid of Hazard: :lol:

MartinRed

When the day will come when this being will choke with the sh.t that he speaks.

Infra-red

Pogba and Raiola have been trying to get themselves to Madrid for three years now - if Madrid really wanted either of them, they'd have paid up.

Hazard-Pogba swap deal? I know Madrid are broke, but he must be kidding.

Devil may care

Mini Roll with the gum flapping tomfoolery, if you're gonna tease a swap at least use Varane rather than a project for the medical team.

rotherham_red

The question is, did he mean it as a pure example, or as a suggestion. Hard do know.

The main thing I´m taking form this interview, is the change in attitude, compared to "Pogba is done at United". I actually take this interview as a positive one regarding Pogba, as you get the feeling that Raiola think Pogba to RM is a difficult one.

In the end, it all depends on United, whether Pogba feels we are going anywhere. If he decides to stay, this would actually be quite a statement from Pogba which will also affect the interest United will attract from other players, plus our chances of keeping the ones we´ve already got - such as Fernandes.

This summer window will tell a lot.
Same. I personally think that this is just the usual mischief making/negotiation ploy from Mino rather than the bombshell he dropped before the Leipzig game. And after all, Perez has already totally given up Madrid's bargaining power by saying they were broke.

Bondi77

De Ligt and Kulusevski in a swap deal for Pogba could be interesting....maybe the fat slob could get to work on that one!