Television Raised by wolves (TV series)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
HBO Max TV series, directed by Ridley Scott, to be released 03 September.

Looks quite interesting.

Raised by Wolves centers around two androids — Father and Mother — tasked with raising human children on a mysterious new planet after the Earth was destroyed by a great war. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ridley Scott and Sci-Fi seems to be a up and down creative relationship at the present but I hope this works.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Could go either way. Nice premise though.

caid

Ridley Scott and Sci-Fi seems to be a up and down creative relationship at the present but I hope this works.
I'd take a bad Ridley Scott film over 90% of directors best tbh. Theres always some redeeming features.
Not expecting a classic though to be fair, theres increasingly a lot of ropy junk in his movies too.

Irwin99

Unpopular opinion but I thought Prometheus had some great ideas and was a decent film if you look past a few of its faults (poor editing and poor writing/creative decisions in places). I was excited for the sequel but was really disappointed by Alien Covenant. Raised by Wolves looks like the sort of stuff he clearly wants to make.

caid

Unpopular opinion but I thought Prometheus had some great ideas and was a decent film if you look past a few of its faults (poor editing and poor writing/creative decisions in places). I was excited for the sequel but was really disappointed by Alien Covenant. Raised by Wolves looks like the sort of stuff he clearly wants to make.
I found Michael Fassbender creepy enough to carry the film. Some of the set design was pretty great too.

evil_geko

Well this is getting really positive feedback at the moment, three episodes out, will binge them tonight probably! I am just mad how Ridley Scott can't get it right with Alien franchise again because Alien and Aliens are one of my favorite movies of all time.

Irwin99

I found Michael Fassbender creepy enough to carry the film. Some of the set design was pretty great too.
Yeah he's the best thing about the prequels. What they did to Shaw in Alien covenant really sucked :(

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's got the mental dude from Vikings in it so I'll definitely be binging it when it's done.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think this has potential. You might want to bone up on your Old Testament and Mythraic mysteries mythology, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Watched the first three episodes one after the other, I'm hooked despite finding the first 25 minutes of the opener a bit slow - it redeemed itself with the last 15 minutes. Cant wait for the next episode, its unlike any sci-fi show I've seen. If you decide to watch just stick with it, it's worth the payoff.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Good to see the positive reviews. Was wondering about this.
The other day I re-watched the Warcraft movie (Im probably one of the few who liked that one - if only bc the effects are pretty impressive /true to the games) - which obviously has Ragnar dude in it and thought he fell off the map after that.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Two more good episodes out today. I don’t know why they’re releasing them like this but I like it. There’s enough to sink your teeth into, but still leaves you wanting more.

I wonder if we’ll see those giant skeletons fleshed out.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Caught up with this and - the usual Ridley Scott contrivances aside - it's really, really good. Hope they can actually give a satisfying conclusion unlike most of his recent films.

Also the theme song is rather lovely.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Caught up with this and - the usual Ridley Scott contrivances aside - it's really, really good. Hope they can actually give a satisfying conclusion unlike most of his recent films.

Also the theme song is rather lovely.

Yep I love the show too. Ive seen criticism that it kinda blends every common sci fi theme into one show and while that's sort of true - it does it in a great way and also without dragging much. There always seems to be something important happening. At the same time its very character driven and a slow burn too. Not sure how to explain it.

So far loving this way more than say a Westworld. I was hooked within one episode - which is very rare for me. Hope they keep it up.

Hamnat

I'm finding that they need to develop the supporting casts more. Ragnar's group I'm just waiting for them all to die one by one. They have no discernable individual character really other than their holy devotion. Mother is the most complicated character there and she is being developed well enough. I am also finding some of the flashback scenes to be the strongest actually.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So is this
part of the Aliens universe or are they just recycling props from Prometheus?

Last edited:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Last few episodes were very shit, leaving me with deflated interest in the second season. Shame, liked previous episodes...

And that baby was just funny and stupid.

James_42

I enjoyed the first 5 episodes or so but didn't like the ending at all.

Can see season 2 being a disappointment based on how season 1 ended.

I'll probably watch it just to see Father.

evil_geko

I liked the whole season, looking forward to the next one! I read that they have the whole story written for 6 seasons!

Mercurial

So is this
part of the Aliens universe or are they just recycling props from Prometheus?
I was under the impression it's an original story written by another writer and only produced by Ridley Scott after he got interested in the project and its biblical theme of leaving paradise and the snake and so on. Some of the props like the helmet of the engineers were more an easter egg as a nod to Ridley Scott's previous works.