Ralf Rangnick | Austria manager

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It's a bit like your step dad breaking up with your mother but promising he'll still come by and play FIFA with you. Well, spoiler alert,

He won't

:(

El Jefe

I just hope mouthy Ralfy doesn't use his press conferences for Austria to continue to expose United affairs.

As a consultant he will have zero media coverage which is a good thing for us and bad for him. Hopefully the club have agreements in place for him not to discuss United business when involved in his Austria NT commitments.

Lee565

How can be clued up with the club behind the scenes and knowing what needs to be restructured if most of his attention will be focused on managing Austria and their long term development?

What a mess his hiring has been

Shark

@NotShark
This place is bizarre. The same people who wanted Ole to feck off now want Rangnick to do the same and make no mistake, in 6 months time they'll probably want ETH to feck off as well. And the players of course, they should all feck off as well.
:lol: Ole was here for three years. Rather people wanted him to feck off or not made no difference whatsoever. There's no manager since SAF's retirement that was given so much leeway for achieving absolutely nothing. Ralf was only given 6 months so people are purely making assessments on his interim period rather than saying "feck off".

ETH will come much a much better reputation and trophy cabinet. Most fans with any sense will understand his job is monumental and not call for his head after 6 months

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
And just how would a muppet like him fix that mess ?
Yeah the guy that headed up recruitment at RB during a period where they unearthed gems such as Haaland, Mane, Kimmich, Nkunku, Sabitzer, Upamecano, Konate and Haidara for like a combined £30m no less, what does he know?

Roboc7

It’s hard to quantify if he has done any good work behind the scenes, for all the talk of dossiers etc Ten Hag will come in and form his own opinions. But what we do know is his managerial term has been very poor and his Consultancy role will be pretty insignificant and may well not even last the whole two years.

As ever just feels like club is continuing to do the bare minimum and the structure still looks very poor.

DDG FC

I can't see any problem as long as RR can handle the works.

Wish him all the best in coaching Austria National Team. Personally don't think United's current style of play is what he wants, comparing to his tactics used in RB Leipzig.

I really hope he can still help to the Team in consultancy role. He might not be a great manager to us, but his views/ opinions on our problems is very on point.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can change the thread title now. Remove 'considering'
Or just lock the thread. Its done and, I reckon, he's done at United now. Regardless of whatever face saving spin is put out from both sides.

fallengt

Well, as long as he still fully commit to his role at Manchester United, I don't mind.
He has done assessing the squad , hopefully we'll see result in the summer.

kopviolator

:lol: Ole was here for three years. Rather people wanted him to feck off or not made no difference whatsoever. There's no manager since SAF's retirement that was given so much leeway for achieving absolutely nothing. Ralf was only given 6 months so people are purely making assessments on his interim period rather than saying "feck off".

ETH will come much a much better reputation and trophy cabinet. Most fans with any sense will understand his job is monumental and not call for his head after 6 months
There are many out there who were expecting instant reform when Ole got sacked (and rightly so). Ralf inherited a foul squad and he wasn't brought in to accommodate the players here but hopefully to jump start the transition around the corner by analyzing and evaluating the squad and personalities around. If this translates properly to Ten Hag then I would regard his tenure as a success. In any case calls for him to feck off are bizarre.

You're right, ETH has a good reputation these days and is an exciting option. Hopefully what the club needs, a manager on the up. Of course he will get time after all that's happened but I will eat my hat if we won't see calls for his head within his first year. Not all fans are sensible.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Well, as long as he still fully commit to his role at Manchester United, I don't mind.
He has done assessing the squad , hopefully we'll see result in the summer.
But he won't.

This club is in a state of disrepair and requires full undivided attention. Not someone who will pop in for a few days every month.

romufc

What’s the issue? ETH is already contracted. Don’t mind him in consultancy role
I dont know, its fine in my view.

Ralf is a consultant to help us build the structure, he isn't tasked to build it himself.

We will be asking for his opinion on our current set up and how we can improve. You can do it whilst working for the national team. We will ask him to help us find the right scouts, structure and the like.

I am happy with this, he can also tell us what upcoming players are in Austria

L1nk

But he won't.

This club is in a state of disrepair and requires full undivided attention. Not someone who will pop in for a few days every month.
The problem is that is all the club was willing to give him, and they didn't even offer that originally he had to ask for it otherwise he didn't want to come in as temp manager. So its the clubs fault not his that he only has a small consultancy role

fallengt

But he won't.

But that's what how consultant role works. It's not a full time job.
Can't tell what United's expectation on RR but as it stands, his role at United should be the same regardlessly.
He wasn't hired to be Technical Director anyway. Maybe he should have been but it's bizzare to expect him to be one now.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
But he won't.

He was never going to be the man who took the job on fulltime (even though I personally wanted him to be). The plan was always for him to be a consultant for the person/people who were actually doing that role.

I do wonder how much impact he will have in another 6 months, but as long as his recommendations will (or already have) make a difference in the short-term then it'll be worth it.

Redfrog

I just hope mouthy Ralfy doesn't use his press conferences for Austria to continue to expose United affairs.

As a consultant he will have zero media coverage which is a good thing for us and bad for him. Hopefully the club have agreements in place for him not to discuss United business when involved in his Austria NT commitments.
Nah, it was a good thing to expose the players and club. We are a mess for almost ten years and every one is hiding. It’s time to take responsabilities. And at least players can’t throw Ten Hag under the bus now.

IhabX7

“Ralf should we sign this player?”
“I’m not in till next Tuesday mate.”
Then Tuesday comes and I wonder what gems he has for us. A consultant who has built clubs before.. Football talk is becoming weirder by the day.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think people upset about this don't understand what a consultancy role is. It's a part time job. An international team job is also a part time job. It's really not an issue at all.

It's also impossible to gauge how effective a consultant is. What I can see from the outside though is that we picked Ten Hag over Pochettino which is a very un-United thing to do in the past 10 years, so that is good. We are doing a lot of changes with the structure in the background, you would hope that works out well. Takes a long time to see how effective the change is, but it needs full confidence and trust for it to truly work.

Or Ten Hag just might be a great coach and make a shit set up look like it's working by doing good coaching. We literally wouldn't be able to know the difference as fans.

Chairman Steve

I think people upset about this don't understand what a consultancy role is. It's a part time job. An international team job is also a part time job. It's really not an issue at all.

It's also impossible to gauge how effective a consultant is. What I can see from the outside though is that we picked Ten Hag over Pochettino which is a very un-United thing to do in the past 10 years, so that is good. We are doing a lot of changes with the structure in the background, you would hope that works out well. Takes a long time to see how effective the change is, but it needs full confidence and trust for it to truly work.

Or Ten Hag just might be a great coach and make a shit set up look like it's working by doing good coaching. We literally wouldn't be able to know the difference as fans.
Pretty much this.

Ralf’s two year consultancy is probably the rough timescale it’ll take before we can say the club hierarchy and system of working has caught up to the likes of Liverpool, City and Bayern.

Huddsred

This place is bizarre. The same people who wanted Ole to feck off now want Rangnick to do the same and make no mistake, in 6 months time they'll probably want ETH to feck off as well. And the players of course, they should all feck off as well.
If they're not good enough then they shouldn't be managing or playing for United. End of.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty much this.

Ralf’s two year consultancy is probably the rough timescale it’ll take before we can say the club hierarchy and system of working has caught up to the likes of Liverpool, City and Bayern.
Yup. People always wonder what is the point of consultants. It's basically because the people hiring them realize they've failed and need an outside perspective to advise them. That's all it is with Rangnick. He will be an advisor when we have questions and to give advice because very clearly, we were not doing it correctly ourselves without that outside advice.

Social Faux Pas

But he won't.

But wasn’t it made clear that he will only work for 6 days a month with United. What are people expecting from him? To do work for us throughout the month when he’s contracted to do only 6 days?

I think there is enough room for him to do his job here at United and take up an international managerial role, which isn’t that intense a job.
I really don’t see the fuss around this.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think the six days a month thing refers mostly to meetings or working sessions that Ralf will be engaged in. He'll likely need to do more to prepare for them but I would expect a weekly working group as well as a bi-weekly steering committee meeting type thing.