Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

I don't think anyone ever thought he was going to be a great manager, and get this squad playing much better than they were before. He is here to lay some ground work and get us through to the end of the season, that's how I have always seen it, just the reality of watching it play out until the end of the season is going to be a tough watch.
The guy who still does not get how PL works or who has never done anything at big clubs will lay some ground work here?

Well, I mean. I hope it works out.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
People need to be patient, what’s happening right now with the players is years in the making from the board. Too many players have lost their drive, all overpaid. Ralf isn’t a magician, this will make it easier for the next manager. A lot of players should leave this summer and new ones come in. Hope the next manager won’t have to go through as much pain of instilling discipline and effort.
Bullshit

We came into this season expecting a title challenge after the continual improvement over the last 2 years. Now isn't the time to reset again it's time to get get someone in to take what we have forward

RR is getting a free ride by anyone saying he needs time, he's taking us nowhere

lilcurt

People need to be patient, what’s happening right now with the players is years in the making from the board. Too many players have lost their drive, all overpaid. Ralf isn’t a magician, this will make it easier for the next manager. A lot of players should leave this summer and new ones come in. Hope the next manager won’t have to go through as much pain of instilling discipline and effort.
While I agree with patience I can understand people who aren't willing to be. We have been told for years that we need patience for Ole's plan, now we need to be patience to undo the plan... It's a bad joke.

Top 4 is gone. The rest of this season needs to be developing the style of football ensuring it will then be carried through by the next guy in charge.

I do like how players who don't want to be here are getting little playing time, that is sensible and puts the club first.

A shame Ralf couldn't hit the ground running. We took too long to sack Ole but we were still in a decent position. Let's go all out in the FA Cup and UCL.

el3mel

Can we just end this season already ? Worst season post Fergie by far. Every time I think we have reached the rock bottom and there's nothing worse coming, United manage to surprise.

EasyE

I think is in game management seems to be lacking, or not up to the pace of the PL when you see a crowd like that tonight. He still impressed me the way he came across on his opening presser though, so hanging on to that.

What is really annoying me at the moment is the bald yank with the air pods in. What is he? What's he listening to - Jeep's blues?

Amira

He’s been shocking since he joined frankly. The silver lining is that the board can’t be tempted to mess things up again by extending him and must start doubling down on more permanent options.

The United

Bullshit

We came into this season expecting a title challenge after the continual improvement over the last 2 years. Now isn't the time to reset again it's time to get get someone in to take what we have forward

RR is getting a free ride by anyone saying he needs time, he's taking us nowhere
They said both things though. He needs time and it will get better. Then no he is interim and should not expect too much.

I really doubt the club did not have intention to save the season and get a CL spot while trying to hire anyone for more than 6 months.

Kopral Jono

I don't know. Rangnick hasn't delivered, there wasn't even a new manager bounce, but I'm seeing actual improvement with our football under him. It's just that we're weak collectively as a team and we have a shit midfield.

AshRK

Ragnick has been here for a month plus now and in his tenure we have had 60 mins of good football. 30 mins against palace and today 30 mins. That is poor. Surely he has to use his squad better.

Woodenlung

I'm not quite as down as others seem to be. There is definitely certain elements of our game which have improved. Mainly the coordinated press and, sporadically, our ability to stifle chances. But for whatever reason we can't sustain that over entire half of football. The same thing happened under Solksjaer which makes me think we've still a lot of mental hang ups over the end of his tenure.

But the one area where Rangnick definitely needs to improve upon is what happens when we lose control of the game. We.just don't seem able to recover. Whether that's through substitutions or a change of formation, we need to see some sort of in game response.

MichaelRed

Ragnick's selection & initial approach was spot on. His in-game management to not make subs for energy in the midfield at 2-0 with 20 minutes to go was diabolical. Even more inexcusable is how he didn't immediately change the midfield as soon as it went to 2-1.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
While I agree with patience I can understand people who aren't willing to be. We have been told for years that we need patience for Ole's plan, now we need to be patience to undo the plan... It's a bad joke.

Top 4 is gone. The rest of this season needs to be developing the style of football ensuring it will then be carried through by the next guy in charge.

I do like how players who don't want to be here are getting little playing time, that is sensible and puts the club first.

A shame Ralf couldn't hit the ground running. We took too long to sack Ole but we were still in a decent position. Let's go all out in the FA Cup and UCL.
Does RR look like a man who can help us go all out in either? Actually yeah I can see us going out in both under him

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Im not sure why you’re trying to talk about performance standards and then separately talking about Monday. We deserved to lose on Monday, it was everything people used to bash Ole with.

Also, you should go back and check the stats from the two games against Wolves. The loss at OT was worse in literally every metric possible. And it was at home.
Because youve harped on about how bad he was vs Ole (seemingly) and forget Ole was more lucky than a cat.

Ekeke

When you keep picking the same players who the previous manager did and they proved themself to be a liability and not giving a chance to others, its hard to defend you

We've changed and given other players chances in other positions, with no change. But we still play Fred

The United

I'm not quite as down as others seem to be. There is definitely certain elements of our game which have improved. Mainly the coordinated press and, sporadically, our ability to stifle chances. But for whatever reason we can't sustain that over entire half of football. The same thing happened under Solksjaer which makes me think we've still a lot of mental hang ups over the end of his tenure.

But the one area where Rangnick definitely needs to improve upon is what happens when we lose control of the game. We.just don't seem able to recover. Whether that's through substitutions or a change of formation, we need to see some sort of in game response.
We were on the bottom in EVERY thing this season. I mean some had to improve with the squad we have.

Nothing unique about 60 mins of pressing in what 7 games? If anything, I would say we need more improvement in that department because right now it is below the expectation.

Not to mentioned the chance conceding stats.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Feel like you could nominate a person from the caf each week to manage our subs and they'd do better than the chumps we hire. Absolutely dire in game management. Truly makes you wonder what he thought was transpiring out there.

Dan_F

Because youve harped on about how bad he was vs Ole (seemingly) and forget Ole was more lucky than a cat.
What was Monday if not lucky? Or Norwich?

It’s undeniable the results are no better and the fixtures have been far easier. Rangnick is getting this team nowhere near the finishes Ole did in the last two years, just say it how it is.

NZT-One

I agree with that.

Truth being told: I am a bit disappointed that the is leaning away so much from the kind of football, you would expect him to play. That isn't a good outlook, I mean, I get it, you have to play with the cards you have and he is doing some good things but on the other hand, he is making some weird decisions. Leaving Matic on when it is visible, that he is done. Asking Fred to continue pressing high up, when you are already under the kosh (again I get it, get a third goal and it is game over and Villa going forward means more opportunities but then it shouldn't have been only Fred. I applaud a bolt decision but this seems halfarsed).

I was under the assumption, that another manager could bring more out of the squad but maybe that was just wrong. I am not laying all the blame on individuals, but bringing in Ronaldo closed a few doors in terms of available playstyles but it seems like it is the whole group who just isn't up for it. Discouraging to say the least. But, I am not sure, if these problems could have been solved by someone else better - I tend to say no. I mean, our midfield is what it is, our fitness levels are what they are, would Conte have been able to turn that particular tide?

The United

It is a three year project really. It took klopp about three years to get liverpool where they are today.

Move Rangnick into the consultancy role and get in Ten Hag.
Yeah trust the guy who does not seem to understand PL nor show anything outstanding on the pitch to consult us. Red bulls this red bulls that though.

Nothing could go wrong.

Ralph1386

Ragnick's selection & initial approach was spot on. His in-game management to not make subs for energy in the midfield at 2-0 with 20 minutes to go was diabolical. Even more inexcusable is how he didn't immediately change the midfield as soon as it went to 2-1.
Spot on. To put it simply: good game preparation, bad in-game management.

Status
Not open for further replies.