Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshanks

So it is true, one swallow does indeed make a summer.

I'm very happy that rangnick had managed to coach an average Austria side to beat an average Croatia in a glorified end of season friendly with counter attacking tactics, clearly that prooved that he is Indeed an incredible manager and that all our players are garbage.

He could win the world cup with Austria, it wouldn't change the fact that he was a complete failure for us, our worst manager in recent history, the simple fact is he didn't or couldn't command the respect of the players and his tactics weren't up to elite PL level.

He may well be successful at a distinctly average international side at international level which is also for the most part distinctly average and a big step down from EPL level.

Infestissumam

I think he'll do very well with our NT and I think it's a much better fit in terms of his philosophy than United. More workhorses, fewer divas.

izec

He is a good coach, but had no power here, as everyone saw him as the interim, who will be gone at the end of the season. Plus United was too big for him to handle overall, just a new dimension.

The Austrian players will do what he says, and some fit his philosophy perfectly. That was never the case here, where everyone checked out midway through the season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Wrong. He exposed himself as a past it manager just as Mourinho did. The only exposing he did of the club was hiring yet another fraud who can’t coach or inspire the players.
Probably because he isnt a good coach. We hired someone who hadnt managed for a few years as an interim - surely we cant be surprised he was crap?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Wrong. He exposed himself as a past it manager just as Mourinho did. The only exposing he did of the club was hiring yet another fraud who can’t coach or inspire the players.
We will be saying this by next Sep. The players will not be inspired by ETH either.

RORY65

We will be saying this by next Sep. The players will not be inspired by ETH either.
They finished 2nd and 3rd under Solskjaer, who is hardly Guardiola or Klopp. I get that something seems to have happened since then and the dressing room seems like a really miserable place but I don't think it would take a miracle for them to be a lot better under Ten Hag than they were under Rangnick with a few smart signings to freshen things up. They should be somewhat better under a proper manager rather than a guy working in the Norwegian league or a consultant at Lokomotiv Moscow.

crossy1686

career ending
I don't think that's true at all, your "Whoops" post doesn't come across as a guy who is down the middle. (That plus all your easily accessible posts, you can see all of them in a list if you click "Who Replied")

The only reason I even relied to you is that I thought it was a little bit funny that the guy with the second most posts in this thread (heavily in favor of Rangnick) was finding it funny that the people he felt were routinely mocking Rangnick wanted the thread closed after he manages Austria to a Victory.

That's only partially true, I couldn't have possibly gone through all your posts (+300 on this thread) I just chose a quick few to illustrate my point. The part about having nothing else better to do (2/3 minutes) was true.

1. I didn't label you anything.
2. I didn't Attack a group.
3. I didn't make up anything, I just posted a collection of your statements on Ralf over the past 5 months.
I shared a tweet, but please continue to tell me how I think and feel about things, it’s going well for you so far.

As an active member of the Caf, I have similar post counts in various threads on this forum, that’s not the ‘own’ you think it is I'm afraid, I post a lot, everywhere. You also conveniently left out the posts where I said Rangnick isn’t up to it and we have issues at the club beyond him, but why include them when you can cherry pick comments made from his first couple of months in charge when we were winning and looking alright.

And you’re right, I do find it funny that people now want the thread closed because he’s gone and Austria won. You can’t just ignore everything that just happened because you didn’t like it. Ralf was out of his depth but that doesn’t mean the things he said aren’t true, we’ll find out in time.

Real Name

Was training them for 4 days and they looked deadly yesterday. So he clearly has something in his locker.

Oh and I love how Croatia is called average still after all those years but that's for another thread.

Ted Lasso

He's no longer our interim manager, the thread should be closed. His followers would no doubt create new ones everytime he wins a game I suppose.
This is what makes me sad, man. You're a United fan and so are the ones that liked Rangnick. Why are you so vicious and hateful towards United fans. You could say the same exact thing even keeping some condescension but without such vitriol.

This goes back to Ole and Jose. Creating deep divisions amongst fans that ultimately want the same thing. The forum is absolutely awful at times for it. You're a full member for how long now. It's disheartening to see this It's as bad as the worst of American politics.

I keep flipping between wanting to put time into the site to become a full member and then constantly see this kind of thing and wonder if I'm better off just going back to lurking and sticking to something else.

Is this is a me problem? Do I just need to be better at being surrounded by rude and toxic behavior online?

Sigh.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is what makes me sad, man. You're a United fan and so are the ones that liked Rangnick. Why are you so vicious and hateful towards United fans. You could say the same exact thing even keeping some condescension but without such vitriol.

This goes back to Ole and Jose. Creating deep divisions amongst fans that ultimately want the same thing. The forum is absolutely awful at times for it. You're a full member for how long now. It's disheartening to see this It's as bad as the worst of American politics.

I keep flipping between wanting to put time into the site to become a full member and then constantly see this kind of thing and wonder if I'm better off just going back to lurking and sticking to something else.

Is this is a me problem? Do I just need to be better at being surrounded by rude and toxic behavior online?

Sigh.
Wow, what an overreaction. Comparing an interim manager's post to American politics? :lol: Yeah I think you're best just lurking if that is what has got you steamed compared to some of the other stuff in here. Grow up!

stevoc

Its all over the place tbh, some are desperate to shit on him so Ole doesnt end up on the bottom, some are so pissed at us nothing being in CL next season because thats only thing they care about, some using 3 years of Ole and squad he built/"trained" as a context of excuse for RR, which isnt really straight forward, only if RR had to pick same bunch of cnuts, otherwise he made his own decisions, some think that him putting out everything on the open so players cant hide as best thing ever happened, regardless of him admitting his own mistakes or not etc
Is there something inherently wrong with being disappointed that the team you support hasn't qualified for the CL?

This has been used as a stick to beat many in this thread over the last few months with a few hardcore Ralf fans regularly insulting and talking down to people for being dumb and not seeing the "bigger picture" or the real reason Ralf was at United. Which apparently wasn't to manage the first team or ensure 4th place. But to conduct audits, make assessments and compile dossiers for his role upstairs. Which obviously all turned out to be a load of speculative bollocks.

Personally I'm not too fussed on United not being in the CL next year I doubt we'd win it. But I am disappointed that by hiring an average past it manager with no plan beyond that we've tanked the season and missed out on CL football which will significantly affect Ten Hag's ability to attract the players he wants here. Already there's been loads of reports that both Nunez and De Jong don't fancy a season in the EL other targets might feel the same. And who could really blame them.

el3mel

He failed here, and his experiment ended up being pointless. What he does at Austria doesn't matter now.

Ted Lasso

Wow, what an overreaction. Comparing an interim manager's post to American politics? :lol: Yeah I think you're best just lurking if that is what has got you steamed compared to some of the other stuff in here. Grow up!
Nothing to do with the subject matter. It's the phrasing and way of communicating. It's very representative and telling ..

Ironically just a few posts later, more comparisons to American politics:
They're like Trump supporters. They are physically incapable of criticizing Rangnick so it's funny to watch them grasp at straws.
It has gotten worse and worse since Jose. Black and white conversations about managers and interims. The forum is actually nicer/safer to Liverpool and City fans than it is for United fans

NewUser777

So basically. What a lot of you guys are saying. Everyday you come into work, you wouldn’t have a clue what to do, if your boss wasn’t over your shoulders every minute.

NewUser777

We bring on a central defender to try and stop Brighton from conceding even more goals. A perfect example of how far Utd have fallen and tactically inept this has all been this season. Rangnick has simply pointed fingers at everyone except himself for the failure just so he can protect himself from any criticism. We were calling out Mourinho for doing similar, and rightly in my book.
There are several ways of looking at this. Tactical inept? Or necessity? If looking at our stat numbers, we are in a mess. But then again…

mu4c_20le

Nothing to do with the subject matter. It's the phrasing and way of communicating. It's very representative and telling ..

Ironically just a few posts later, more comparisons to American politics:

It has gotten worse and worse since Jose. Black and white conversations about managers and interims. The forum is actually nicer/safer to Liverpool and City fans than it is for United fans
Just trying to relate with an American.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
From Dec 2018 - May 2019, would have loved to see similar posts, like how previous manager left team with shit fitness, who could barely run. Its amazing how posts change based on who the manager is.

Anyways hopefully Rangnick will be a success at Austria, we planned something but it didn't work in the end.
You mean the way OGS kept going on about us running more than any other team and how supposedly after a summer he'd have his team drilled like Klopp?

How they went on training camps to Dubai but still their fitness was shit?

So many excuses were made and are still being made for and by the failure that was OGS, the mind boggles.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You mean the way OGS kept going on about us running more than any other team and how supposedly after a summer he'd have his team drilled like Klopp?

So many excuses were made and are still being made by the failure that was OGS, the mind boggles.
What? How can anyone read that post and conclude that it was excuse for Ole?

Rightnr

What? How can anyone read that post and conclude that it was excuse for Ole?
I've misread nothing. Your post implied that Rangnick has had excuses made for him that no one else has had.

I simply pointed out that the last time we had an interim the same excuses were made and the guy saying he'll change things failed to do so in 3 years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I've misread nothing. Your post implied that Rangnick has had excuses made for him that no one else has had.

I simply pointed out that the last time we had an interim the same excuses were made and the guy saying he'll change things failed to do so in 3 years.
You misread everything, My post was reply to a poster who is Jose fan, so it was simple question to him, whether he blamed Ole during that Interim period or made excuses for Ole saying how Jose left shit squad with shit fitness. It was even clear when I ended that post with "amazing how posts change based on who the manager is "

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

So many excuses were made and are still being made for and by the failure that was OGS, the mind boggles.
Yes because all you ever see on this board is Ole support…load of trash as usual.

city-puma

Can’t we let it go? Ralf was the worst appointment for manutd. He has broken so many records in the wrong way. Blame anyone as you want, it won’t change that fact. EPL is simply too hard for him. It’s nothing to feel shameful about. I wish him all the best in the future. Draw the line now and move on.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ll tell you one thing. This thread manages to continuously attract some of the worst takes on the forum so that’s impressive.

Rightnr

Yes because all you ever see on this board is Ole support…load of trash as usual.
This has got to be one of the dumbest posts ever. Of course, I'm talking about OGS, since we're discussing his interim period and the double standards applied to him and Rangnick.

Do you want me to discuss our managers from the 1980s or what?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He is a good coach, but had no power here, as everyone saw him as the interim, who will be gone at the end of the season. Plus United was too big for him to handle overall, just a new dimension.

The Austrian players will do what he says, and some fit his philosophy perfectly. That was never the case here, where everyone checked out midway through the season.
I more or less agree with this.

I don't think United was too big for Rangnick. However, his lack of authority was fatal. Especially with a group of players that, according to tons of reports, were totally uninterested in his methods.

Whereas I'm sure a good number of those Austria players have come through the Red Bull system and played for Salzburg and/or Leipzig. They are not only open to his methods, they've been coached and developed to play that way. Its a very different set of circumstances.

The problem is people always treat this stuff like its black or white e.g., last season Lukaku was showing us what we're missing in Serie A, this season he's not good enough for the Premier League. Its too reductionist.

There are a whole bunch of other factors that go into making football teams, coaches and players successful. Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne were Premier League rejects once, just as Rangnick is today. Sometimes someone just doesn't have the circumstances to show what they're all about. My opinion is that's what happened with Rangnick at Man Utd. However, others will (and are entitled to) disagree.

My only fear is Rangnick's experience may foreshadow what Ten Hag can expect. Unless Ten Hag gets real buy in from the players, and can bring in players with the qualities needed for his style both in and out of possession, next season could be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.