Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

How to use Pogba? Pogba will probably be the last person on the team sheet.

If you look at the type of players Rangnick uses in midfield, they are workhorses, energy, literally everything the opposite of Pogba.
Well if he'll conclude he cant work with him he'll be on the bench but maybe he'll have an idea how to incorporate him.

StonedhamsterZA

Rangnick career can't be described without mentioning the acquisition, development and introduction of young, sometimes very young players to the first team. Keep in mind that he worked at a level where it's a necessity if you want to be sustainable, you need to produce young talents and eventually sell them at a profit. The difference for a club like United is that they don't have to sell players when they are developed and good enough for the first team.

On a side note, Rangnick approach or the approach used by Paul Mitchell and Ajax, which is to heavily rely on academy graduates and post-formation(players between 18-21 that need development and elite coaching) is something that was preconized by the ECA. It's considered as the most efficient way to manage a football club in the future because it reduces the amount of players that you purchase at high fee and homegrown/post-formation players tend to spend more time on inexpensive contracts which is good in terms of resource management. It's a model that Bayern try to follow.

So yes, the youth players should be at the heart of his concerns and if he stays these type of players should be the backbone of the club's logic.
Thanks for the quality info. Sounds quite exciting. I think RR would be well-served trying to mould some of our younger players to fit his system rather than crowbarring players that we are likely to lose/sell, and it looks like that is what will happen, based on your reply.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
where rangnick
Back in Germany waiting for his visa to clear. He flew to Manchester last week for talks and has since returned to Germany whilst he waits on his work visa being granted apparently.

He could have taken over, last week but for Brexit. Hahahaha

romufc

Well if he'll conclude he cant work with him he'll be on the bench but maybe he'll have an idea how to incorporate him.
Why would he? Why should he?

1. Pogba is injured, so by the time he is even up to speed, it could be February
2. He isnt signing a new contract
3. Leaving for free at the end of the season

There is absolutely no reason for the manager to even try incorporate Pogba in the team. He will be one of the last players that Rangnick actually cares to integrate when we have committed players at the club.

pascell

Back in Germany waiting for his visa to clear. He flew to Manchester last week for talks and has since returned to Germany whilst he waits on his work visa being granted apparently.

He could have taken over, last week but for Brexit. Hahahaha
Could he not have come over anyway and still wait for clearance on the visa?

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
The club need to announce this now. Need him in there as soon as possible.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Could he not have come over anyway and still wait for clearance on the visa?
Without visa/work permit he would not be allowed to actually work on site, so that would be useless. As it sounds he is sitting in his office in Germany and doing mostly video analysis of matches and training sessions. When he arrives, he will be prepared what to do with the team.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Without visa/work permit he would not be allowed to actually work on site, so that would be useless. As it sounds he is sitting in his office in Germany and doing mostly video analysis of matches and training sessions. When he arrives, he will be prepared what to do with the team.
It'd be the most 2021 thing to do to coach via zoom.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It'd be the most 2021 thing to do to coach via zoom.
He would legally not being allowed to do a coaching session without a work permit.

He can prepare himself for the job, no one can stip him from doing that, but that's it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He would legally not being allowed to do a coaching session without a work permit.

He can prepare himself for the job, no one can stip him from doing that, but that's it.
He needs a work permit to physically work in England, he doesn't need one to be a German consultant to a firm based in England.

justsomebloke

The way people talk about him you'd think he just stands in the middle of the pitch sipping a cup of tea.
To be fair, it seems hard to exaggerate his limitations when it comes to pressing. Prior to Watford, he had the fewest pressures/90 among all forwards in the PL. Not only that, he had fewer than half as many as the second-worst player. So in that aspect, he really is as bad as it gets in the PL, and by a considerable margin too.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
To be fair, it seems hard to exaggerate his limitations when it comes to pressing. Prior to Watford, he had the fewest pressures/90 among all forwards in the PL. Not only that, he had fewer than half as many as the second-worst player. So in that aspect, he really is as bad as it gets in the PL, and by a considerable margin too.
Are you sure you're talking about Pogba?

largelyworried

1. Pogba is injured, so by the time he is even up to speed, it could be February

There is absolutely no reason for the manager to even try incorporate Pogba in the team. He will be one of the last players that Rangnick actually cares to integrate when we have committed players at the club.
Agreed, I think Pogba will mostly be a sub til the end of the season. In all honesty, most other managers wouldn't even have taken him into this season, it was a weird blind spot for Ole. I suspect he'll be a backup for Bruno, and even then, might share that time with VDB.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Agreed, I think Pogba will mostly be a sub til the end of the season. In all honesty, most other managers wouldn't even have taken him into this season, it was a weird blind spot for Ole. I suspect he'll be a backup for Bruno, and even then, might share that time with VDB.
What's the alternative if no one comes up with a suitable offer?

Amir

Rumour is he won't take charge until CP. Now I am not sure where you did your maths but that's not 3 days.

Manager appointments are not usually slow, just look how quickly OGS was in the job.
That doesn't mean he won't be announced until CP, just that his actual arrival is dependent on work permit.

KingCavani

I think he should do what he can to get him out the door in January. I don't think Pogba was good for the dressing room at the best of times so I can't imagine what he'll be like with one foot out the door.

the_cliff

I think people will be surprised when he does come back. People expecting Ralf to just keep him on the bench is wide of the mark.

largelyworried

How do you know that?
No-one knows the true inner workings of the club, but if United had told Pogba he had no future at United this season and wouldn't be in the first team, I imagine Raiola would have had something to say about it.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I suppose top 4 is the main target now. Ralf has a bit of time before the CL knockouts so Utd could be cohesive by then.

I would like Ralf to play some of the younger players more. I am sure he will create a fair competition for places which is so vital to a team.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So if we announce within 24 hours, surely that mean he's in charge against the Arse?

His work visa must be sorted before the officials announcement, otherwise what's the hold-up?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
So if we announce within 24 hours, surely that mean he's in charge against the Arse?

His work visa must be sorted before the officials announcement, otherwise what's the hold-up?
Wouldn't be the first time we announced someone pending work permit clearance.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Wouldn't be the first time we announced someone pending work permit clearance.
True, indeed.

My point was that if we were going to do that, we would have done it by now, so surely we want it all done at the same time

kthanksbye

I'm sure the club has arranged for photographs and interview which are either being shot or edited as we speak, once the work permit is sorted, they'll be ready to be released and we'll announce.
Hopefully as early as tomorrow morning.

KingCavani

In all honesty, most other managers wouldn't even have taken him into this season, it was a weird blind spot for Ole. I suspect he'll be a backup for Bruno, and even then, might share that time with VDB.
Should have let the manager sell him 2018 when his stock was high.

Horribly run club.

Waynne

The gegenpress (counter press) is a strategy to regain possession immediately after losing the ball within 5 to 8 seconds.

Winning the ball back immediately after losing possession opens up the possibility of a counter attack that has been forced by the team applying high pressure. In such a scenario the team losing the ball has lost possession whilst they were transitioning play and have hence players out of position. Which allows the high pressing/counter pressing team to breach the back line of the team that was sitting in a low block without the ball and hence create a goal scoring opportunity.
Yep. Watch Rangnick teams after they've won the ball back. They execute quick forward passes between the lines.
- Nothing sideways
- Nothing backwards
It's all towards the opposition goal while they're out of position.
They never get a chance to settle into a defensive shape.
Contrast to some of our football where our players taking 3-4 or even 5 touches after winning the ball back.

sparx99

That doesn't mean he won't be announced until CP, just that his actual arrival is dependent on work permit.
They'll use the rapid service which processes the Visa in 48hrs. Costs £800 so not likely to stop Utd.

sparx99

I suppose top 4 is the main target now. Ralf has a bit of time before the CL knockouts so Utd could be cohesive by then.

I would like Ralf to play some of the younger players more. I am sure he will create a fair competition for places which is so vital to a team.
Top 4 and an FA cup would be a wonderful result given where we've been this season.

sparx99

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ronaldo has never played for a manager who demands incessant pressing has he? I know the consensus is that he doesn't press and never has etc but considering how hard he works on his fitness and training can we really be sure that he won't buy-in?

He may fail at it in that it's not his natural instinct but maybe similar to Aguero at City he'll do his best at it to get playing time.

NiceGuyEddie

The way this new Covid variant is going, we need him in the country before flights start being banned due to lockdown etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.