Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johanovic

Come on ...announce this NOW...this is getting so drawn out it´s beyond belive...how long can it take to finalize matters

captaincantona

He may fail at it in that it's not his natural instinct but maybe similar to Aguero at City he'll do his best at it to get playing time.
Exactly, nothing to say he can’t do it. In fact I think he is obviously intelligent enough and fit enough to do it very effectively...it’s his commitment to playing that type of football where he is not on the end of every goal scoring opportunity or providing the assist that is the question...is he interested in being more of a team player at this stage of his career? If not, Rangnickhas a conundrum on his hands and there are very few managers with a strong enough profile to consistently bench Ronaldo and live to tell the tale...even at his age there would be a shit storm...

tomaldinho1

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ronaldo has never played for a manager who demands incessant pressing has he? I know the consensus is that he doesn't press and never has etc but considering how hard he works on his fitness and training can we really be sure that he won't buy-in?

He may fail at it in that it's not his natural instinct but maybe similar to Aguero at City he'll do his best at it to get playing time.
I don't think he needs to. RR can't come in and magically put his tactics in place immediately - it will be a slow, sometimes painful, transition and Ronaldo is on a short term deal anyway. Once the system is fully in place (and this is assuming RR is successful which isn't a given) it will be summer and maybe then Ronaldo will want to move or we'll encourage him to look elsewhere. That's also assuming RR decides on a system where the CF aggressively presses which I don't think is a given, particularly if Haaland is the long term goal. ,

Randomly, I do think he'll be keen to keep Lingard though - that kind of very mobile and versatile squad player will be exactly what we build our wider squad on in my opinion + all rounder, technical and fit players like Wijnaldum, Tielemans, Kovacic in the CMs

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Who is telling everyone everything behind the scene and why haven't I received any sms?

Rajma

Which is precisely why all of this should’ve been done during the international break but that’s too much like common sense for our board. Better late than never though I suppose.
You would think so, but I’m convinced Ole would have still been here if not for the two late goals from Watford. Thanks feck for Maguire being completely useless. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You would think so, but I’m convinced Ole would have still been here if not for the two late goals from Watford. Thanks feck for Maguire being completely useless. :lol:
Yup... Fully justifies me wanting Watford to smash us before that game. I don't remember not wanting us to complete the comeback ever, but that day I got nervous when we scored our goal rather than excited. Says it all.

Idxomer

I kinda don't want any interviews or anything like that, we'll hear him enough in his pressers the next few months.

bosnian_red

Finally. Though unlikely he'll be in charge for Arsenal... I'd expect a pretty sudden change from us on the pitch when he has had a week training.

KingCavani

He has a hell of a job on his hands, as Ole has left a terribly coached team behind.
Yeah I think it will be a while before things get much better tbh. A lot of people comparing the situation to Tuchel but Chelsea played much more cohesive stuff under Lampard.

A lot of people are expecting big things but given the dramatic changes he wants to make it may get pretty ugly for a while. We'll be trying things our players just aren't accustomed too. Injuries could be an issue if we up the intensity in training, especially over the winter period with fixtures coming so quickly. I do expect him to solidify the team and improve defensively but that's just how bad we were under Ole.

I don't really care about the results this season so long as there's obvious progress being made in terms of the identity of the team. It's a free hit for a few months. By mid-February/March time you'd hope to see a coherent plan that the players are following effectively.

BarstoolProphet

Quite a lazy comparison, that LVG bit, the Spanish players bit pretty random illustration of what you already said of something being outdated. What top manager has a lax approach to his training regime? I think what we've seen at United is a pretty significant rise in player power, in a culture of entitlement that starts at the top. A successful team will have to be that, a team. Him being a direct personality can imply anything, but if you know of successful opposites, feel free to share examples. For the record, he's described very positively as a man manager.
For the record, I wasn't being overly serious. It just feels like a flashback to the LVG days where everyone praised him for similar things and possible red flags were being ignored. The Spanish players comparison was an attempt at a half-joke based on that Spain won everything for a long time period and we were late to the party with signing Spanish NT players and now could find us late to the party to when it comes to hiring German coaches, since the best ones already are a major success at our rivals or taken at other top clubs. I have to admit that I barely know anything about that guy other than the he is suppose to be the father of the gegenpressing and that he did well to build a culture/structure at up and coming clubs but that his manager credentials is a bit average. Good to hear that he is known for being a good man manager.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Let's go. Still enough time for Arsenal. If Tuchel can get it done in 48 hours, his master should be able to as well

bosnian_red

I'm excited to see what some real coaching will do for these players. Think it can go a long way for us. We have a squad capable of competing for big trophies, now we have a coach who is very good at making a team play together as a team actually.

Rajma

Yeah I think it will be a while before things get much better tbh. A lot of people comparing the situation to Tuchel but Chelsea played much more cohesive stuff under Lampard.

A lot of people are expecting big things but given the dramatic changes he wants to make it may get pretty ugly for a while. We'll be trying things our players just aren't accustomed too. Injuries could be an issue if we up the intensity in training, especially over the winter period with fixtures coming so quickly. I do expect him to solidify the team and improve defensively but that's just how bad we were under Ole.

I don't really care about the results this season so long as there's obvious progress being made in terms of the identity of the team. It's a free hit for a few months. By mid-February/March time you'd hope to see a coherent plan that the players are following effectively.
Yeah, we might have to endure more pain before it gets better during the transition period.

L1nk

Awful rewarding of failure, these lot should be out along with Ole, how is it he's in the mud and these lot get to continue on with their jobs like nothing happened, coaches under 2 sacked managers... typical of this club

Sviken

If he's not in charge for Arsenal, would he still be training this dross anyway? He's got a hell of a job to undo the mess Ole and his band of buddies has made and the sooner he can get to work, the sooner we can get out of this pit.

bosnian_red

I think you'd be surprised at how quickly you see the impacts of a new coach and coaching team.

talking robot

Looking at the fixture list, he'll almost certainly use the Young Boys match as a training match. So in essence he will have the 6th - 10th as a window to get some of his ideas across in training.

Rajma

Let's go. Still enough time for Arsenal. If Tuchel can get it done in 48 hours, his master should be able to as well
Tuchel was starting from the much healthier base. They might have been struggling to get the results under Lampard but they somewhat resembled a cohesive unit. The level of under-coaching with us cannot be stressed enough.

Delano

Now, we need to be patient. Immediate success will be amazing, but this is about putting in the foundations for success on and off the pitch.

Delighted with this appointment.

KingCavani

Awful rewarding of failure, these lot should be out along with Ole, how is it he's in the mud and these lot get to continue on with their jobs like nothing happened, coaches under 2 sacked managers... typical of this club
We're running a fecking Make-A-Wish here.

Pretty obvious that those reports of new contracts were true. They just don't want to pay out more than they had to.

Further evidence that Ralf should have carte blanche to manage all football operations at this club right now. It's being run by genuine fools who manage to find the worst option more often than not.

CM10

Hopefully this means he'll take charge for the Arsenal game then

Status
Not open for further replies.