Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloyd2wayne

God forbid when we drop points in a game that actually carries some weight to it. The Ole FC brigade will be out with their pitchforks claiming double standards. This fan base is so fractured, I can’t imagine it’s the same at many other clubs.
I agree, it gets worse everyday.

HailtotheKing

God forbid when we drop points in a game that actually carries some weight to it. The Ole FC brigade will be out with their pitchforks claiming double standards. This fan base is so fractured, I can’t imagine it’s the same at many other clubs.
The irony is that the fans that supported Ole are absolutely the ones that followed Fergie. And Rangnick is far closer to Fergie than Ole ever was. Then again, we've barely started. Ole managed us for 3 years. Rangnick hasn't even managed for 3 games. So how about we give him a bit of slack before we go hanging him.

HailtotheKing

:lol: its nothing like that whatsoever.
Well it kind of is. He's told that Rangnick complained about the 2 square passes and he makes a big deal abut saying it's 1. Never mind the gazillion square passes he's played before that. Just came off as a bit mardy to me. Wouldn't say it shows that he doesn't get Rangnick though. And much as I don't particularly enjoy McTominay, I think everyone should go back to zero now and be judged from here on in. Because it's about how they play to Rangnick's tactics. What they did for Ole no longer matters.

HailtotheKing

some users on here must be absolutely devastated by this tweet
tbh, I'm glad we kept hold of McKenna. He seems like he's rated and can only improve under Ralf. And Darren strikes me as a smart guy with a good footballing brain. I'd hope these press releases are true and not just club PR.

Blood Mage

Not devastated, just surprised. We had a couple of players leaking to the media about how amateur McKenna's coaching methods were after all. Oh well, we have to trust Ralf on this one I suppose.

Amsterdam Devil

Not devastated, just surprised. We had a couple of players leaking to the media about how amateur McKenna's coaching methods were after all. Oh well, we have to trust Ralf on this one I suppose.
You need a lot of coaches on the training field, impossible for Rangnick to replace so many coaches at once. Lets see what happens in the summer with the coaches.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Maybe he is simply better at executing what Rangnick wants to do than he is at planning sessions on his own. Big difference how hands off Ole was.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
to be fair mckenna can probably only work to what ole sets him.

If Rangnick is asking him to do different things and following his instructions well then that’s all that matters

Nick7

We had a single report mentioning something negative about him after years of positive things said about him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The irony is that the fans that supported Ole are absolutely the ones that followed Fergie. And Rangnick is far closer to Fergie than Ole ever was. Then again, we've barely started. Ole managed us for 3 years. Rangnick hasn't even managed for 3 games. So how about we give him a bit of slack before we go hanging him.
The real irony is that the fans who supported Ole will also support the next manager. They will very likely be the people that stand by the manager the longest as long as their is clear progress (as there was under Ole). The bed wetters claiming they ‘hated’ Ole who or thought he was a PE teacher will yet again be the first to throw their toys out the pram at the first sign of trouble.

HailtotheKing

The real irony is that the fans who supported Ole will also support the next manager. They will very likely be the people that stand by the manager the longest as long as their is clear progress (as there was under Ole). The bed wetters claiming they ‘hated’ Ole who or thought he was a Ole Ole Ole I love you will yet again be the first to throw their toys out the pram at the first sign of trouble.
Yeah, fair point. The nature of fickle fans. And I agree with you on the progress point. I'm not talking about the fans that will always follow the manager though. I'm talking about the ones already going in on Rangnick when he hasn't even managed 3 games.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Miserable fans are quite linear. They'll moan regardless of who's managing the team.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I saw all videos and what he said and what you said is completely different.
Yeah, I am not surprised the McTominay fan club are on my case. He was defensive and it showed.

His thin skin is just another sign the guy knows he's not good enough.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
disgruntled Ole fans, it HAS to be. Nobody else with half a brain would be moaning about it otherwise.
Nah. It's only people who can look at arguments from a binary perspective ie B&W rather than seeing the world as 80% grey or shades of it. But most forums tend to have Black & white approaches. Can't afford to be nuanced due to its format.

sglowrider

The devil's advocate argument would be: he has only been here 2 matches and yet he has been praised like some 2nd Coming Messiah when the result or playing style doesn't exactly match the praises?
Or... Have we not learnt anything from Ole's early reign?

Eli Zee

The devil's advocate argument would be: he has only been here 2 matches and yet he has been praised like some 2nd Coming Messiah when the result or playing style doesn't exactly match the praises?
Or... Have we not learnt anything from Ole's early reign?
The devils advocate here would be RR has experience that we can look back on and say "yes," this is the guy to lead us forward.
For Ole, the answer to the "is this the guy to lead us forward" question was always no when you considered his coaching experience and level.

sglowrider

The devils advocate here would be RR has experience that we can look back on and say "yes," this is the guy to lead us forward.
For Ole, the answer to the "is this the guy to lead us forward" question was always no when you considered his coaching experience and level.
But then why has he never managed in the top clubs like RM, Bayern etc?

Greck

Maybe he is simply better at executing what Rangnick wants to do than he is at planning sessions on his own. Big difference how hands off Ole was.
Makes sense, maybe he likes the way they brew his coffee.

mu4c_20le

Err, not really.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
to be fair mckenna can probably only work to what ole sets him.

If Rangnick is asking him to do different things and following his instructions well then that’s all that matters
Exactly.

I don't understand why people put so much stock in the coaching team. I don't know the name of anyone that works for Pep. Why would I? Ultimately they work for him. They do what he tells them to.

Rangnick's the one telling the coaching staff what to do with the players. So long as they carry that out we should have no issues.

el3mel

I thought Ole supporters will become quieter when he's sacked. Turns out they're still insufferable.

Your guy failed. This is an ultimate fact. Move on and focus on the future under a proper manager this time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I thought Ole supporters will become quieter when he's sacked. Turns out they're still insufferable.

Your guy failed. This is an ultimate fact. Move on and focus on the future under a proper manager this time.
You've got to be fecking joke ,right ?
Its the people who were constantly critical of Ole who haven't shut up.

The United

Hmm.. Ole's fans moaning?

How the feck can people be sure of it? It gets annoying that his name still comes up a lot more than it should in most conversations without contributing anything at all.

Someone

Something
I hope that the players would appreciate that he knows what he's doing and if they react like Pros they'll be better players for it. My fear is that a lot of footballers these days need to be cuddled, and need really good man managers to do well. Knowing that he'll be leaving by the end of the season won't help much either.

If you look at our squad, in terms of having a strong mentality, you won't find much outside Ronaldo and Cavani, most of the rest act like or are kids. Don't see much character within the team either. A successful team needs more than talented players and a good coach, it needs strong personalities and leadership, and our team is lacking. I think that's the biggest challenge Rangnick will face, and it's a hell of a challenge.

Eli Zee

But then why has he never managed in the top clubs like RM, Bayern etc?
Beats me, but If your only criteria is "managed for top clubs like bayern or RM," you will end up with managers who are no longer good enough *cough* Jose/LVG *cough*. There's more criteria than "managed a top club"

how many times has a top manager left a top club while on top? Not often.

Snuffkin

Slightly trivial but does anyone know how to pronounce his name correctly? I've heard that you should pronounce the g and the n, so Rang nick said as it's spelt. I think in German you say Rangnick too. Then other's like Goldbridge are calling him Ranyick?
I think the important thing is not to put on an accent.

Greck

Anyone still holding on to Ole's tenure after seeing the disastrous ending doesn't have the club's best interest at heart. At least most smart Ole fans have somewhat rationally pivoted to calling him a transitional figure rather than dogging the next figure out of misplaced spite.

Snuffkin

He's almost too good. I can't watch him without feeling a general inferiority complex infiltrating my being, and a strong sense of self-loathing. Before I know it I'm self-flagellating whilst thinking about my many failures and mis-steps in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.