Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

I would avoid moving him upstairs too, if his managerial ability is anything to tell by. I don't think he's the right man to be our Director of Football.
you would rather Darren "3 promotions in 3 months" Fletcher or Murtough who renewed the contracts of a failing coaching crew?

Jezpeza

So should we just sack him now and then what?
no. Just the fans need to drop the pointless optimism around him. ‘ooh, I could see we were in the shape of 4141 at one stage, lovely’. Feck me, wake up.

He’s shit. A different type of shit to Ole but shit. And this is the worst football I’ve seen since the LVG days. Guess all looking forwards to the summer and the next new one. Not winning the FA cup or CL and if he can’t figure out how to pick up maximum points From these easy fixtures I think the new manager will be guiding us through the europa conference league.

Greck

Running a club isn't coaching/managing a team. Fergie used his last executive decision to hire or recommend Moyes to be hired. They are different roles with different talents. He is also far more qualified than who we have. Most of the people that went and loaded us with overpriced overrated british talent and hired Fergie's players for key positions are still at the club. They aren't better than a man who earned his way to the job in any league.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
no. Just the fans need to drop the pointless optimism around him. ‘ooh, I could see we were in the shape of 4141 at one stage, lovely’. Feck me, wake up.

He’s shit. A different type of shit to Ole but shit. And this is the worst football I’ve seen since the LVG days. Guess all looking forwards to the summer and the next new one. Not winning the FA cup or CL and if he can’t figure out how to pick up maximum points From these easy fixtures I think the new manager will be guiding us through the europa conference league.
You’d be the type to call for ETH sacking if we play badly in his first ten games

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think he realizes how all over the place our team is.
Seems a bit lost what to do with it and how to set us up properly. Some good signs today, but we are easily 4 first teamers away from having a decent and consistent starting 11.

Josh 76

I would avoid moving him upstairs too, if his managerial ability is anything to tell by. I don't think he's the right man to be our Director of Football.
This is funny
So a DOF has to great manager now?

Stadjer

Leaving ancient players who can’t run on the pitch for 90 minutes is a basic error.
I think the biggest mistake is that there isnt anyone who can play instead of that ancient midfielder. Bringing McT on as a defensive midfielder is just as dangerous as keep playing Matic. Fred cant play as a dm, Donny and Lingard are both attacking midfield players. Who could he bring on? Jones or Maguire? We need better and more midfields options.

croadyman

Will admit he worried me when not bringing Donny on earlier in the second half

LJJT

I hope everyone realised now how good OGS was in the previous 2 seasons. Utter dross again tonight

croadyman

They aren't buying into him that's obvious, however he's not completely blameless either

Mainoldo

This post sums up the Caf perfectly. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And you can't wait to let us know.
Here’s the classic I have no opinion so I’ll make a worthless post telling someone else to be a man and come on here to say nothing.

LJJT

He’s the main reason we are in this mess.
Yeah that’s why we finished 2nd and 3rd what a pile of shit. Enjoy 7th or 8th with a “pattern of play”

sorry I’m not aiming that at you just fans in general. We are a million miles worse now than what we were under OGS

frutti di mare

Totally agree, even Pep wouldn’t get a tune out of this lot right now, I can’t believe the shit the guy is getting after only a few short weeks. This is not on RR.
It’s true the press and many who still support ole are out in full force to discredit Ole.

However, many probably felt Ole had to go because we have a great squad that could challenge under a top manager and was failing ridiculously under Ole. While I wouldn’t expect RR or even Pep/Klopp to turn things around in 6 weeks we have to judge the manager on the things within his control. Today he was too slow to make subs, it was obvious within 5 minutes of the 2nd half that Villa were all over us.

RR talks about “control” yet he couldn’t see that we had lost control and make the tactical changes early enough to try and stop the tide ? That’s on Ralf’s hands not Ole or anything that occurred before he arrived.

BTW, I’m very optimistic about Rangnick and hope he’s given support.

Mainoldo

Yeah that’s why we finished 2nd and 3rd what a pile of shit. Enjoy 7th or 8th with a “pattern of play”

sorry I’m not aiming that at you just fans in general. We are a million miles worse now than what we were under OGS
So why isn’t he still in charge? Oh yes that’s right because he got sacked rebuilding a bunch of pu$$ies.

Greck

We were 8th when Ole got sacked.

Paul778

Everyone knows our midfield isn't good enough and we are short of numbers there - those main numbers being 6s and 8s. All the pundits know it, the journos know it, the fans know it. Most important though - the opposition managers know it.

We need at least two signings in this area. It was negligent not to deal with this last summer and that ultimately got Ole the sack...

Now we're looking down the barrel of missing the top 4 and the bucket load of cash associated with that.

Allegendly Ralf is going to move upstairs and consult of the rebuild of the team, making them play modern competitive football. If the board were serious about sorting this squad out, and Rangnicks long term role, we would have done the homework in December and had a signing join us on 1st Jan. Lord knows we've had dozens of players linked and many of them gettable at 30m or less.

It makes me feel that Ralf will be let down by his role come the summer if he can't influence this obvious gaping wound in our side right now. I know the ideal target might not be available now, but ffs get an upgrade in and work on the ideal in the summer

city-puma

he apparently learned the things about EPL quickly. There are very positive sign in today’s game. But the last 20mins just shows again he is not acutely thinking and decision making guy during the game. The time is running by so quickly. I hope he can get things right before the CL starts again. We don’t have much margin left to loose the ground further.

Mainoldo

It was that two hour phone call with Ralf wasn't it? fecking possessed him
“There a bunch of good lads… look after them will you Ralphy… You might of taken my car parking space but you want take away our team spirit.”

UncleBob

Yep left us with a squad with the mentality of a 00’s Spurs. Lovely.
Pretty much the same squad that finished second in the league and kept coming back from being a goal down. It's completely gone to shits this season, no idea why people are so desperate to display their lack of intelligence by re-writing the past, but feel free to continue

Greck

Yeah but we finished 2nd and 3rd under his management. We were better under him than we are now.
We finished 2nd under Jose and won trophies so we were therefore better under Jose and he should have never been sacked. You think the past can cancel out the relevance of the present? We were in 8th when he got sacked after a summer spending of galacticos.

Castia

Half the squad is unhappy and having a interim manager with 3 quarters of a season to go was always going to be a disaster. Ole needed to go and in the long term that will prove to be correct, the board fecked up yet again by not getting Conte in my opinion.

LJJT

So why isn’t he still in charge? Oh yes that’s right because he got sacked rebuilding a bunch of pu$$ies.
He wasn’t a pussy though was he? Why did the team fall off a cliff since last season? After buying 3 top class players to make it better? Why was that?

M Bison

Supports
York City
Many seem to be unhappy with Ralf, and I’m not over the moon with him either, but is it a necessary evil in the short term, while we get to the bottom of the mess within the playing squad?

This stuff going on with Martial and us having an incomplete bench today, is it a good thing longer term?

LJJT

Half the squad is unhappy and having a interim manager with 3 quarters of a season to go was always going to be a disaster. Ole needed to go and in the long term that will prove to be correct, the board fecked up yet again by not getting Conte in my opinion.
When are we going to stop blaming “the board” they pump the money in what more do we all want?

Mainoldo

Pretty much the same squad that finished second in the league and kept coming back from being a goal down. It's completely gone to shits this season, no idea why people are so desperate to display their lack of intelligence by re-writing the past, but feel free to continue
Boring!! Replace Ole with Jose it’s the same arguement. That is easily spun by anyone trying to make a point. Point is Ole is kak

LJJT

like when we lost 5-0 at home to liverpool as they were pulling up?
Or was it the humiliations by watford or Leicester or Man City? Or indeed Villa
Who he actually lost to aswell
Yeah but we beat city all the time in previous seasons didn’t we? Just forget that though it doesn’t matter

Mainoldo

He wasn’t a pussy though was he? Why did the team fall off a cliff since last season? After buying 3 top class players to make it better? Why was that?
I’m not going to argue about Ole being good. Sick to the back teeth of talking about him and now that he’s gone. Don’t really want to talk about him again. Have a debate with someone else.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Because he has inherit a group of players who are as much of a team as The Mud Dogs when The Waterboy came. Just give the guy a fecking break Pep wouldn't be capable of doing anything with these fullbacks and Matic at the middle of the park. Our midfield consists of McT and Fred who is probably the worst midfielder to play for Utd ever, absolutely garbage.
I don't know why fans keep repeating this myth i.e., we have poor midfield and Fred and mct is the worst midfield united have ever had. Any true united fan will know that under Fergie we have had much worse, yet we still won a lot. For example, Gibson, o'shea, Anderson, cleverly, posibon, milne, djemba-djemba, klberson and so much more. Mct and Fred aren't close to being our worse midfield ever, yet alone the worse mid in premier league. I rather have mct and Fred over any midfield pairing below the bottom ten premier league team.

Status
Not open for further replies.