Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

The current role/job is too big for him. Not helped by the Players doing feck all. Most not good enough and massively overpaid. Finally showing their true ugly faces. Absolute rats.

I have faith in Rangnick knowing who to get rid of and improving us slowly from the consulting role, if given some power. Question marks if the club will agree with it, some changes would need to be drastic.

romufc

The current role/job is too big for him. Not helped by the Players doing feck all. Most not good enough and massively overpaid. Finally showing their true ugly faces. Absolute rats.

I have faith in Rangnick knowing who to get rid of and improving us slowly from the consulting role, if given some power. Question marks if the club will agree with it, some changes would need to be drastic.
I don't think the job is too big for him. He is realising what spoilt brats there are at United and cannot believe it.

Its almost they think they are the best but cannot win a trophy, doesnt add up.

This is why I like the set up we currently have, Rangnick and Fletcher who are both going to be part of the decision making, both first hand having a look at the players.

Fletcher will have an influence in the board room, so lets say Ralf says... we need to get rid of x,y,z because of a,b,c, Fletcher who has been in the training will back him up and say, yes they are not good enough, time to get rid.

BlahRules

I disagree that it's too big for Ralf. It's been quite clear he was never backed on anything. Why do we still have Lingard when he just stinks up the place every time he comes on the pitch? We needed a DM and it was quiet clear even in the summer but the board thought it's not needed and when Ralf given a list of players that can help us to get top 4 it was rejected but worse of all we went light on the attack.

Keeping Lingard when he said he can leave then having him have a break when Ralf never said he is allowed to leave is a clear undermining of the manager.

Further, it is quite clear there's to be favourites by the board and having Fletcher there doesn't help. How would Ralf be able to do his job properly who is also his boss?

Whatever happens at the end of the season is down to the board calling the season off in November and not because of Ralf. Unfortunately, people will believe the journalist who's the spokesperson for the board.

Half these players need to be shipped off. We were told of this cultural reset which was a load of shit. Players don't even work for the badge let alone for the manager. Even then they're not even good. Half of these players don't have good first touch and can pass properly.

macheda14

There comes a point where the constant bs tweets and wum articles/posts have zero effect.

United lost to City because City are a better team.

Done! move on to the next game.
We lost to city because they're a better team. We lost 4-1 because we couldn't be arsed in the second half.

RuudTom83

We lost to city because they're a better team. We lost 4-1 because we couldn't be arsed in the second half.
If Ralf had played with 10 men behind the ball then we would be hearing how 'embarrassing' it was or how it wasn't the 'United way'.

The club, manager and players just get criticised 24/7. Like I said after so many years it has no effect on me, you become numb...but if it makes fans happier then cool continue moaning.

macheda14

Or maybe Pep made adjustments after a lackluster first half.
I mean the eye test tells you it wasn’t just that. They came out better, but we also had players barely running or making any effort to win the ball back for the last 15 minutes.

I do not understand why Ralf persists with Lingard. He has clearly checked out of Manutd. He is not trying, he is not bothered.

I would rather us give his minutes to Mejrbi or the like, build for next season.
We keep doing this over and over again. We give so many minutes to older players who shouldn’t be here anymore such as Matic and Mata, not so much this season but still.

Can’t believe we used to be famous for bringing youth through because in the last few years it’s quite sad that only Elanga has come through.

Metal

Our board has put Ralf in a difficult situation when they decided not to back him in Jan window. Players have smelt blood and are out to undermine him in the press in whatever way they can.
At that point they wrote the season off and fed Ralf to the wolves. He's already been managing the club with his hands tied behind his back with both the club hierarchy and players have consistently undermined him by the flow of leaks, rebutting his statements with martial tweeting that he did not refuse to play, lingard saying he didn't ask for leave and now Rashford coming out that he feels bemused that he isn't selected. Not to mention refusing to get him a midfielder so he's stuck with Matic fred, and Mctominay as potential CDMs when we could have bought in a cheap no risk option with potential sell on value in Zakaria for 5million. Refusing to sell/loan Lingard after Ralf had given him his blessing to leave forced to stay just underminded him further. I'm not in the camp that Ralf should be permanent manager as I dont think management is his forte, I see him more as a director of football consultant. Neither do I think he's doing a good or poor job, what I think he is that he's doing his best with what he's got and any manager in the same situation would be struggling to handle this situation with both the board and the players. Ralf hasn’t been given the respect by the players or the board. The first two weeks he took over there were complaints about his training methods about players having to go home in the dark. The board have neither respected him enough to use his expertise to consult him on who the next manager will be, the board are not taking on board what ralf has to say on recruitment refusing to take advatange of his vast knowledge of young players across Europe.

The purpose of Ralf's role was to bring his own expertise from his experience of rebuilding clubs like RB Leipzig. He did not only rebuild their team but the club from the ground up putting proper football structures in place. How can you do that when he is constantly being poisoned with advice from the remnants of the old regime that lived in the past

This all stems from the previous regime, where we had a socalled manager who was more concerned with being mates with the players and creating nicknames for them. Allowing them to turn up late at training without any reprimands, mollycoddling and messaging their egos giving them monster contracts and treating academy players as untouchables. Refusing to hold his favourites accountable by having them always play in spite of sub par and embarrassing nature of performances and defeats. The manage would always reel himself out and come out at every post match interview and tell us how great all these 'lads were'', ''the boys will bounce back'', he said ''' top professionals'' he said. incredible people, world class coaches he said he had beside him. Some of them having to sacrifice time away from their families to work for Manchester United we heard. We had and still have Mike Phelan who was training little kids in Australia after rightfully getting sacked from Hull brought back to be assistent manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Then you have Darren Fletcher who was taking up his coaching badges at Stoke City the only place that would take him on for space, brought to the club based on nothing but being a former player and promoted as techinical director by the previous manager and is now masquerading as a coach, assistent manager and techincal director all rolled into one. What has this guy achieved in the footballing world behind the scenes? Then we have Mckenna who also brought in his uni mate as a free kick coach. All of these people were having a jolly whilst learning on the job. We've got this amateur Fletcher giving Ralf Rangnick orders on the touchline and no doubt has a bigger say on recruitment when he's qualified for nothing. Lets not forget for some weird reason Ralf had a 90 minute phone call with Ole no doubt advised through the club to do so. What club tells it's new manager, or interim to speak to the previous failed manager. Can you imagine Conte having to speaking with Nuno Santo after he failed miserably at Spurs?

Ralf's job and what we as fans expect of him was to bring an Identity and a system to United. What people naively expected is that such a transformation should take place within 4-6 months when Ralf has a history rebuilding the foundations of a club from bottom to top over a period of 4-5 years. And he does that without having strings attached to his back from all angles without a confused board on what direction it wants to go in. Not go into a management job mid season,Without a pre season, without his own players, without his own coaches, straddled with overpaid entitled players who can go over his head and complain to board members and think all they have to do is turn up and teams will roll over because they play for manchester United

You can't undo an insidious toxic entitled culture that has been left to fester since the days of Mourinho - who tried to oust some of these overrated players within the club but got demonised. Not mid-way through a season especially considering the mess we were left in after Ole's calamitous reign which has set the club back a century back into the dark ages where the players rule and decide how things are run. This is clearly affecting Ralf and is going to affect the new manager. Ole's decision alone to make Maguire captain without him proving anything at the club, is still costing the team points even after he is gone. Now a new manager cannot drop Maguire without creating a big scene not to mention is now more or less unsellable, We have Rashford who turned into a spoilt brat under Ole who now can't believe United have the audacity to drop him. The midfield was neglected for years in favour of star studded attacking signings has left us in the lurch where fred and mctominay are supposedly the spine of the team. These two hacks wouldn't make the grade at Burnley but Ralf has to work with them

We were sold this United DNA way fairytale which was like a Make America Great Again campaign on steroids for some fans where we were constantly told about cultural reboot, united dna, attacking football etc etc. When in reality all it was a ruse to give Ole time in hope just like the academy players that wth simply time alone he would come good and turn out to be the new Sir Alex. In the end it became about who could remind us all and call Ole a legend the most times to come out as the bigger fan because he represented what they thought was the old ethos of United, when in reality his football was all about self self perseverance, favouritism and keeping hold of his dream job at all costs while neglecting more nuanced aspects of management which has then manifested itself as the club become a breeding ground for spoilt overpaid mercenaries who are more concerned with their brand/image and whether they get the headlines for being the diffference maker in the games.

The icing on the cake was when after that joke of a manager was reeled out after being sacked as if he was some martyr who had sacrificed himself for the good of the club when he should have done the decent thing and resignd long ago. Ole and his leftover groupies still have the nerve to insinuate that he left the club in a healthy state and better than when he arrived when it's in fact it's set it back years because we're stuck with players on big contracts who no one will want and then will be left with passion merchants and big time charlies acting like Billy Big bollocks on the pitch like Maguire, Rashford and Scott Mctominay thinking and believing they represent the core and heart of Manchester United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We keep doing this over and over again. We give so many minutes to older players who shouldn’t be here anymore such as Matic and Mata, not so much this season but still.

Can’t believe we used to be famous for bringing youth through because in the last few years it’s quite sad that only Elanga has come through.
We only bring the odd kids through to keep the record going. We have to keep an academy product in the match day squad. That is all we have left. The owners are not into building a legacy for the future like in the past. It is all about quick fix options regarding managers and players. We hopefully see that focus change this summer. If not it will be an ever lengthening barren spell for us.

mu4c_20le

I mean the eye test tells you it wasn’t just that. They came out better, but we also had players barely running or making any effort to win the ball back for the last 15 minutes.
I think that started to happen whey we realized we were being outplayed. And then we made some mistakes, conceded again, and heads really started dropping after that. I doubt Harry stood up at HT and told the lads to take it easy because 45 minutes of effort was enough.

We only bring the odd kids through to keep the record going. We have to keep an academy product in the match day squad. That is all we have left. The owners are not into building a legacy for the future like in the past. It is all about quick fix options regarding managers and players. We hopefully see that focus change this summer. If not it will be an ever lengthening barren spell for us.
Absolutely, it makes me quite angry that the Glazers look at our youth set up as nice PR for the brand. It’s actually one of the things that was fundamentally important to our success, literally most of our best players have come from our youth team.

They should take it a lot more seriously. I’m more surprised they don’t even if it was just because it would save a lot of money on transfer fees which I know they would be interested in.

As you say, once we have an identified style of play this summer. I would hope Ralf and the new manager, implement this style through every level of our academy.

Scottynaldinho

It's a really strange scenario, Rangnick doesn't know how to fix this but he's supposed to know how his successor should?

DomesticTadpole

Absolutely, it makes me quite angry that the Glazers look at our youth set up as nice PR for the brand. It’s actually one of the things that was fundamentally important to our success, literally most of our best players have come from our youth team.

They should take it a lot more seriously. I’m more surprised they don’t even if it was just because it would save a lot of money on transfer fees which I know they would be interested in.

As you say, once we have an identified style of play this summer. I would hope Ralf and the new manager, implement this style through every level of our academy.
Don't you think that in the past United board members were also United fans, so had the clubs welfare at heart. Now they are just employees of the club.

Don't you think that in the past United board members were also United fans, so had the clubs welfare at heart. Now they are just employees of the club.
Yeah great point. We have a corporate board full of suits who have no interest in the local area or people, that no doubt impacts decision making.

Not always, you obviously don't know our clubs history.
That’s fair point but I suspect he meant that previous owners atleast lived in the same country.

When you have owners who live 10000 miles away and have never visited the ground in the last decade, its hard to see they have any interest in our youth or facilities.

romufc

It's a really strange scenario, Rangnick doesn't know how to fix this but he's supposed to know how his successor should?
How do you come to this conclusion?

He knows how to fix it, he has pedigree of building clubs and putting in a philosophy in place.

Speako

Didn’t our very own Sir Bobby veto the signings of Butcher (after Atkinson had tapped him up for three years) and Lineker because his nose was put out of joint with their wage demands? But he was fine with Terry Gibson. Don’t always get it right.

DomesticTadpole

Didn’t our very own Sir Bobby veto the signings of Butcher (after Atkinson had tapped him up for three years) and Lineker because his nose was put out of joint with their wage demands? But he was fine with Terry Gibson. Don’t always get it right.
See what you mean, he didn't like Jose either, which in the long run was right, but was probably the right way to go earlier in his career.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Complete silence here. I usually get couple of mentions when we lose the match :lol:

Think he did okay today. Starting Matic was a master class. Their full backs were getting lot of spaces behind our backline and he delayed the sub until we took the lead. Lindelof should have come on around 60 min mark.

The United

Thought this thread was deleted or something for some reason.

The performance was meh and lost our battle badly in the midfield. But can't really lay too much blame on him with our midfield options available.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
See what you mean, he didn't like Jose either, which in the long run was right, but was probably the right way to go earlier in his career.
Charlton is a club legend.
That does not give him veto powers about who the next manager should be.
The vacuum in the board of people with football knowledge leads to such things happening.

Lost bear

Always said I'd prefer a coherent, cohesive style of play even if the results aren't going our way rather than depending on certain players winning games through individualism which is in no way sustainable. Even though I don't think Ralf should get the job full time I think he's done the best he could with the tools he has at hand and is getting us to play more as a team which in turn will get better results once we decide it's better to score goals than miss open nets.
Totally agree.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The performance was meh and lost our battle badly in the midfield. But can't really lay too much blame on him with our midfield options available.
You are right, I don’t think Pep or Klopp would get much more out of United’s midfield options. I think they’d possibly keep Fred but it would be a priority to bring a minimum of 2 more in.

Yakuza_devils

You are right, I don’t think Pep or Klopp would get much more out of United’s midfield options. I think they’d possibly keep Fred but it would be a priority to bring a minimum of 2 more in.
Nobody can get much out of midfielders who can only run for 45 mins i.e. Pogba and Matic. Wingers who can't defend Rashford and Sancho.

Seij

I can see us tussling with West Ham for Rice all summer and not signing a single midfielder, renew both Mata/Matic instead and sign another GK while Henderson leaves. Call it a successful transfer window.

MinGin

At least RR get the better Fred out, Fred is look good under RR.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Only 10 matches of this fraud left, bye Ralf!
The frauds here are the players. The same ones who've been the constant in our underwhelming performances throughout the years.

How people are blaming someone who's only been at the club for 5 minutes I don't understand.

Yakuza_devils

We have 2 weeks break coming up. Can the team please train harder to improve fitness? It's really not acceptable for world highest paid professional footballers who can only run for 45 mins. The worst in PL or maybe even Europe top leagues.

No more holidays in Dubai, please.

Ash_G

We have 2 weeks break coming up. Can the team please train harder to improve fitness? It's really not acceptable for world highest paid professional footballers who can only run for 45 mins. The worst in PL or maybe even Europe top leagues.

No more holidays in Dubai, please.
There's certainly a fitness angle to it but I really hope he's also able to do something about the mentality when we get a goal. There has got to be a middle ground we can find between being far too passive and inviting pressure when we get a goal (as repeatedly happened against Spurs and many other times) to being as gung-ho as Bruno can be.

In both scenarios we end up conceding possession and the initiative and I think end up having to work harder as a result which exacerbates the underlying fitness problem.

Skills

Snitch
His subs are so bad. Weirdly obsessed with just throwing away in form of shape or control for the sake of throwing forwards on the pitch

PoTMS

Get him out and the new manager in ASAP. We don't need his services.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well done Ralf, out of the top 4, out of the FA Cup, out of the UCL. Absolutely brilliant job you've done

evil_geko

Result aside, happy with the performance, Ralf did really good with what he has, improved lots of areas, wouldn't mind him staying after summer, especially if it's between him and Poch.

Now waiting for "result Andies" to ignore performance and moan about numbers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.