Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That no matter what Rangnick does, the players won't make the required effort. They are lazy and difficult to work with.

Rangnick hasn't done well, but some fans are giving him too much stick.
The players are collectively underperforming because of an incompetent manager, not the other way around. If it was one or two players underperforming then it would be easy to identify them. If it’s the entire squad then that’s 100% on the manager.

Tiber

The players are collectively underperforming because of an incompetent manager, not the other way around. If it was one or two players underperforming then it would be easy to identify them. If it’s the entire squad then that’s 100% on the manager.
Some will never see this. Improving players is apparently not part of his job description.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Some will never see this. Improving players is apparently not part of his job description.
Yes, he’s basically a clock watcher. He knows he has a job waiting for him at the end of the rainbow and wasn’t incentivized to rock the boat during his interim stay as manager. That allowed all kinds like dressing room problems to fester and spiral out of control behind the scene, in the process killing our CL chances. Embarrassingly pointless hire.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yet Solskjaer and others getting slammed all the time. How this fraud continues to get a free pass even now is just mind-boggling.

DSG

Olê made an absolute mess. Rangnick just couldn’t fix it.
You’re right. Ole clearly told Ralf to play Dalot, probably our worst defender, on the left vs Liverpool and Salah. :lol:

It blows my mind that there is still a group of fans that has refused to hold Ralf accountable in any way for this rubbish.

city-puma

He put on mata and changed the shape. Now we have no shape at all and are completely pegged to our own half. Omg! Can we fire him now!

Tiber

Yes, he’s basically a clock watcher. He knows he has a job waiting for him at the end of the rainbow and wasn’t incentivized to rock the boat during his interim stay as manager. That allowed all kinds like dressing room problems to fester and spiral out of control behind the scene, in the process killing our CL chances. Embarrassingly pointless hire.
Utterly certain that we would not be in such a pit of despair if Carrick had saw out of the season. Not spending every press conference saying 'im a genius and the players are shit' alone would have led to better performances.

r0663664

Worships Man City
RR is definitely the worst manager in the last 10 years after Fergie retired. I thought he will bring something different but playing McTominay and Fred in midfield shows that he has done nothing. Awful manager who is unable to motivate anyone.

DSG

Again, whilst I get your point he hasn't exactly taken our team from 2nd to here has he, Ole did half of that job as well to the point he had to be sacked and we had to bring this man in in the first place
I feel like the Ralf defenders cannot detach Ole from Ralf. Ole was sacked, deservedly so. Ralf has been the worst United manager in 50 years, since Frank O’Farrell. It is possible for both to not be good enough.

Tiber

RR is definitely the worst manager in the last 10 years after Fergie retired. I thought he will bring something different but playing McTominay and Fred in midfield shows that he has done nothing. Awful manager who is unable to motivate anyone.
And expectations were so low. All he had to do was make the team look half decent for a few months (Carrick proved this was vaguely possible) and he would have come out smelling like Roses.

You could tell he was gagging for the chance to tell the club he deserved to be the next manager. Instead, he made me think we were all a bit harsh on David Moyes. Complete and utter fraud.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You’re right. Ole clearly told Ralf to play Dalot, probably our worst defender, on the left vs Liverpool and Salah. :lol:

It blows my mind that there is still a group of fans that has refused to hold Ralf accountable in any way for this rubbish.
I did hold him accountable. He couldn’t fix it. But it’s Ole’s squad, his signings, three years of his training, and his terrible results and team morale that got him fired.

Rangnick just wasn’t good enough to win them over and arrest the slide or correct the problems.

It’s the opposite, too many on the forum can’t see the damage Ole did because they loved him as a player.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I was firmly in the Ralf camp, but my god, we shouldn’t be playing like relegation fodder no matter the limitations he’s faced in bringing in his preferred style.

DSG

I did hold him accountable. He couldn’t fix it. But it’s Ole’s squad, his signings, three years of his training, and his terrible results and team morale that got him fired.

Rangnick just wasn’t good enough to win them over and arrest the slide or correct the problems.

It’s the opposite, too many on the forum can’t see the damage Ole did because they loved him as a player.
If you understand football tactics, you will see that Ralf has been tactically naive and been horrible in pre match preparation. That’s on Ralf and has nothing to do with Ole.

SirScholes

I think lots do just it goes in order
Players
Ole
Ralf

el3mel

If you told me one day I will witness a United manager with less than 38% win percentage, I would have laughed my arse off.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Finish the season with a 0 GD

Brilliant job RR now get fecked you fraud cnut

Woziak

Nah, worst manager in recent history 13 points behind top 4 and 35 points behind winners, worst manager in our history. I think ETH might want him out the door and not really want any of his advice because he’s absolutely clueless! Should have let Carrick look after the club in the interim.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If you understand football tactics, you will see that Ralf has been tactically naive and been horrible in pre match preparation. That’s on Ralf and has nothing to do with Ole.
The players lack of fitness and preparation is absolutely on Ole. No one is defending Rangnick. He has not been good, but he was left an absolute mess.

In top level sport, a lack of intensity in training and poor preparation can take its toll over time.

United’s players can’t even do the basics positionally or press for more than half an hour. That is the result of years of sub-par preparation under an amateur coach. Not to mention the money wasted on poor talent.

Ralph has been awful, but there is no escaping the massive role Ole played in where we are now.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
RR should focus on Austria and perhaps leave United altogether. he’s done his job by exposing the cracks albeit showing his own deficiencies as a manager too.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
That is certainly a fair comment, but I do think he was on a hiding to nothing from day one.

Woziak

Totally agree completely inept PL and CL manager

MyDevil

It is confirmed now. He is the worst manager we ever had after Sir Alex.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The players lack of fitness and preparation is absolutely on Ole. No one is defending Rangnick. He has not been good, but he was left an absolute mess.

In top level sport, a lack of intensity in training and poor preparation can take its toll over time.

United’s players can’t even do the basics positionally or press for more than half an hour. That is the result of years of sub-par preparation under an amateur coach. Not to mention the money wasted on poor talent.

Ralph has been awful, but there is no escaping the massive role Ole played in where we are now.
We will likely never know the truth about that but I have been suspecting that for a while, the lack of intensity and technical precision in our training highlights mirrors the way we play.

zenith

What a disaster RR has been. My god, I hope he gets sacked from his advisory role as well or maybe ETH puts all his advise in the dustbin

city-puma

Nonsense!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Feck off Wreck-It, you useless fraud. Worst manager for ages. Off to Austria you go.

Thank feck, at least we can bin this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.