Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Shocking decision by the board bringing him in as manager. Should have come in at the director level only. It’s on the board for writing off the season in December, and not getting a midfielder in during January. Club is still run by morons and everyone thinking Ten Hag will turn it around is going to have a reality check come August. Much more is needed than just a manager.

Tiber

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Ralf.

Feel bad for Austrian fans.

OverratedOpinion

Terrible coach, not very good at accepting any personal responsibility but on the whole seems like a smart and decent bloke.

Doubt the consultancy thing will continue in any meaningful way, I wish him all the best with Austria.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We will likely never know the truth about that but I have been suspecting that for a while, the lack of intensity and technical precision in our training highlights mirrors the way we play.
You can see the uncertainty in the way players react to situations. It’s so far off the top teams, who are so assured and know exactly what they should be doing and where they should be at any given time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Did a great job in coming in and practically calling all our players sh*t. Great morale booster.

Djemba-Djemba

not saying it's all his fault, of course it isn't. These players are a toxic set of cnuts.

But he's been an absolute fecking disaster.

2/10 rating at best.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A truly abysmal reign :lol: 37% win rate, was it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wise to tap out. Hard for some people to admit they were wrong. Ralf’s final line:
W 11 D10 L8 37.9%

Worst since O’Farrell 50 years ago.
Im not taping out. As I said many times over a few months, I genuinely question your ability to read let alone construct any argument. Dont tag me in posts.

Ace

Our summer clear-out starts with Ralf. Been a disaster since day one and we’ve gotten significantly worse as a team under his direction. Thanks for absolutely nothing.

Shark

@NotShark
Shower of complete shite on the pitch since Ralf took over. Nobody comes out of this season looking good.

geradix

There are many extenuating circumstances of course, but that cannot excuse his putrid management of the team. The worst United manager in the post-SAF era. Trying to force a bunch of prima donna players to fit a system just demonstrates incredible naivety or stubborn stupidity.

But if this is the pain we need to exorcise the poison of the Woodward reign, it will be well worth it.

Good riddance RR and cheers to a new beginning.

Drifter

American
Remember the excitement of some for his appointment, but instead of being this tactical, technical genius that I got sucked into, he managed to make the team worse. Really wish Ten Hag good luck and hope he does not end up in the United manager's graveyard.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
In reality, was not a good fit as interim. A blunt manager who won't look to appease and lift morale as a priority, but will try to implement a system that needs good coaches and a lot of time (neither of which he has) doesn't really work as an interim. Squad clearly didn't want to play for him, coaches clearly shit (no surprise given where they came from), means we have ourselves a toxic situation with no reason for anyone to listen to Ralf as he's just leaving.

I don't think it's a fair representation of himself as a manager, but it was clearly a job he did very poorly at for a variety of reasons. The main perk of bringing him in was the consultancy anyway, so we'll see how things pan out.

The United

Well, after like a couple of games, I thought this guy was not up for the job.

Unfortunately, it looked like that in the end. It was a waste of time and the morale of the club must be some of the lowest in the last few decades now under him.

Chairman Steve

I can’t argue against the facts (i.e those results) but hopefully some of the things we’ve seen from these players in his reign go a long way to changing things for the better. I’m fairly certain some players in our squad have been exposed sufficiently to warrant being culled.

Whilst I don’t think he’s behind the changes being made…it’s Murtough and Arnold. I do think though that Murtough in particular, runs these changes by him for his input and those changes may be based off of moves that Ralf has done at Red Bull.

My hope is in a few years we’re back on top winning things and we look back on that Ralf interim stint, how bad it was but how it was needed as it lead to proper change for the better.

Jacob

Doesn't look bothered. Terrible tenure but didn't have the best of prerequisites.

spiriticon

Once he gave up on gegenpressing, the writing was on the wall for him.

He was meant to lay the foundations for a different type of football for next season, but he gave in too quickly to the lazy players.

OverratedOpinion

Can't wait to hear from him about how the squad that finished 2nd then added Ronaldo and Varane are basically a Championship team and there is nothing he could have done to get more out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.