Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I dont know for sure but from the reports of his last days, I dont think he even dare to criticize his players in private. He even asked Murtough to make a phone call to an unnamed player (Rashford ? Pogba ?)to ask him to got surgery which baffled the said player. He got no cajones for sure.
Wait? What? Where have you got this from?

MUFC OK

Go find something to moan about. Always moaning for the heck of it. Really? You are invested in a dead rubber where our new coach tried to access his squad. Ole FC will never die I guess.
God forbid when we drop points in a game that actually carries some weight to it. The Ole FC brigade will be out with their pitchforks claiming double standards. This fan base is so fractured, I can’t imagine it’s the same at many other clubs.

MUFC OK

It's perfect he was honest - our players don't need more coddling
Pretty sure he listed this moment as a regret. But absolutely, we need standards drilling into these players and for the manager to be able to shape his team as he wants.

Max_United

Yeah people making it an issue to defend Ole are reaching. Ole needed his 11 strongest players to get outplayed and barely snatch a victory against worse sides. You can criticse RR for his squad decision but you can't use it to prop up Ole who also lost this fixture with a stronger team.

Only thing is I'd like him to realise although we want to play youth at United the expectation is still to win those games. SAF when he would would play youngsters would have some big guns on the bench as insurance. Was a bit annoying to see we didn't have a better plan b for fergie time.
Well if we take specifically dead rubber champions league games:

2002/2003 - we lost to Maccabi 0-3 with a mix of squad players and youngsters in the first team and the bench of May, Pugh, Roche, Lynch, Nardiello and Timm. Then we lost 0-2 to Deportivo in the second group stage with a very similar squad - mix of squad players and youngsters in the first team, bench was Stewart, Richardson, Weber, May, Davis, Nardiello.

2007-2008 - draw with Roma - again, exactly the same, mix of mostly squad players and youngsters in the first 11 - bench Heaton, Brown, Dong, Lee, Hewson, Brandy, Eckersley.

2009-2010 our win vs Wolfsburg with Owen Hattrick- rotation/squad players first team (and defense of Evra-Carrick-Fletcher-Park which those who criticize Ralf for Matic as defebder should remember :)). Bench Foster, Valencia, Obertan, Wolff Eikrem, James, Gill, Stewart.

2012-2013 two dead rubbers against Galatasaray 0-1 rotational squad, Carrick as defender, bench Johnsone, Young, Macheda, Wooton, Cole, Vermijl, King. Against Cluj is the only exception we with a bit stronger bench of Lingegaard, Rafael, Young, Scholes, Fletcher, Macheda and Vermijl, but we still lost 0-1.

So basically Ralf did exactly the same that Fergie did for dead rubber champions league group games, by fielding a mix of squad players (sometimes out of position) and youngsters plus mostly youngsters on the bench. And under Fergie we lost most of those dead rubbers.

I also remember him naming strong benches, but I think it was mostly for final stages of League Cup/FA cup matches against lower league teams where we had something to play for still - so needed a plan B if youngsters/backups in first 11 could not outplay a weaker opposition.

Revaulx

Didn't Big Ron say for that price he could have got the Original Moses? :lol:
Ha! I don’t remember that, but when he gave Moses his debut at West Brom during a poor run of results, he said he was hoping that Moses would lead them out of the wilderness :)

Revaulx

It was a massive scandal at the time I remember and it cost him his job despite winning the FA Cup weeks earlier and promotion the season before.
Don’t forget it was with the wife of a senior colleague, who he’d sent on “scouting missions” so he could shag her while he was away. Gross misconduct if ever there was such a thing.
Big Ron certainly was flash, arrogant and simply oozed charisma - still my all time favourite Utd manager (not based on trophies of course!)
A shame so many of his key players (not just Robson; McGrath, Moses and Whiteside also) were perma-crocks. I’m sure the drinking culture was exacerbated by so many players being out of action for so long.

The Hilton

I dont know for sure but from the reports of his last days, I dont think he even dare to criticize his players in private. He even asked Murtough to make a phone call to an unnamed player (Rashford ? Pogba ?)to ask him to got surgery which baffled the said player. He got no cajones for sure.
:lol::lol::lol:

Some people will believe anything as long as it validates their opinion. Anyway, not the thread for it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It is such a weird game to complain about. Playing the back ups and youngsters made the game interesting and enjoyable even if the performance wasn't great.

We would have learned nothing had we played the first team, and had less rest for Norwich. Another thing that is missed is that, by giving them the night off on Wednesday, it allows a full training session to drill the tactics into them rather than a match preparation session of video analysis etc.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anyone catch the McTominay interview? His lack of understanding of what RR wants on a football pitch is delicious.

If he doesn't get it together, he will get kicked out by the professor. Also, being that defensive won't end well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Anyone catch the McTominay interview? His lack of understanding of what RR wants on a football pitch is delicious.

If he doesn't get it together, he will get kicked out by the professor. Also, being that defensive won't end well.
What interview? Link?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I've only see a snippet, not sure about the whole thing.

You got that he doens't understand what Rangnick wants on a football pitch from this?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You got that he doens't understand what Rangnick wants on a football pitch from this?
There's a whole thread on the football daily Twitter. I've read quotes but he comes as defensive and not getting why people would criticise his awful play.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I know. Its amazing how people want to read into things. I am sure in the other parts of the interview we will be informed of the type of underwear Rangnick likes to wear.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's a whole thread on the football daily Twitter. I've read quotes but he comes as defensive and not getting why people would criticise his awful play.
:lol: its nothing like that whatsoever.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I saw all videos and what he said and what you said is completely different.

KingCavani

The absurdity of what people will criticise Scott for it ridiculous. This agenda is reaching new levels. Just a complete denial of reality.

The only thing he got "defensive" about was the interviewer saying RR complained that they played "too many square passes" to which McTominay replied he said he complained about one square pass, which is completely correct:

The interviewer was giving the impression that Fred and Scott were having this issue when the manager literally said they were "almost perfect" except for two moments, one from each. Absolutely nothing wrong with what he said but people are so absolutely desperate to hate this kid that they'll twist it into him being insecure. fecking ridiculous.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Clear and concise instructions. The players will definitely appreciate that more than just being left to it IMO.

the_cliff

Too many replies to respond to each individually.

I didn't mean to be negative about the new manager (or to big up Ole) I just found it quite funny reading the comments last night after seeing the lineup. It was a terrible XI – not the young players, more so the use of the senior players – the game panned out as bad as expected and pretty much nothing was changed during the game. It was exactly as if Ole was still in charge but post-match the praise continued as if it was some sort of genius management.

Baffled me a bit.
Again. I'm probably repeating what a lot of other people said but Ralf is not 3 years in, it's his second game in charge and he's probably still trying to work out his best 11 and who needs cutting from the squad altogether. If he was 3 years in and a first 11 like that was picked and the performance was like that I'm sure the reactions would be different.

Foxbatt

why is RR being lambasted here for putting out a reserve team? At least he did not lose the match and he got to see players in a competitive game and he got the first team to rest and train them for Sunday.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Aren’t you feckers tired of arguing? :lol: :nono:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
why is RR being lambasted here for putting out a reserve team? At least he did not lose the match and he got to see players in a competitive game and he got the first team to rest and train them for Sunday.
disgruntled Ole fans, it HAS to be. Nobody else with half a brain would be moaning about it otherwise.

jackal&hyde

disgruntled Ole fans, it HAS to be. Nobody else with half a brain would be moaning about it otherwise.
We have a part of online toxic "fan base" that will always look to do this. They were part of the Pogba hate train, Ole hate train, Rashford...on and on. RR is just the next thing, nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.