Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Fantastic news! Even more pleased about the 2 year consultancy. He’s excellent at identifying talent and building teams with a clear philosophy.
He might genuinely be the most important guy in german football over the last 30 years. Often unheralded, but he's behind a lot of changes in coaching and youth setups all over germany.

chiz2kul

Biggest news since Fergie retiring IMO. Will make united contenders within the next year wow.

reelworld

If this is the sign that we're gonna sign a progressive manager that has similar style that Rangnick implemented, then I'm all for it, Ten Hag or not :drool:

Mr. Ant

Get in!

I thought we had no chance of signing him, great news.

Even if we can't play his high pressing right away I'm looking forward to watching our games under him.

0le

Pretty happy to be honest. Fair play for getting the right interim. Now get ETH in the summer.

sport2793

We’re going for Ten Hag. 100%.

No way we would commit to this if we were waiting on Poch
Or it could just be that PSG don't want to part with Poch mid-season. There is no basis to think that this move has anything to do with Ten Hag.

Leonzo1

Just listened to one of his interviews where he explained his footballing philosophy. Odd bloke, for some reason he didn't say "Rashy", "desire" and "proper midfielder" even once.

OleBoiii

I don't know much about him, but he's German so he must be good. Welcome!

Btw, what happened between 2011 and 2015? He suddenly stopped managing.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
OMG our club is going to take a football-wise correct decision? I refuse to believe.

JPB

In terms of football, I'd lean more towards Poch.

But, you would have thought we'd push hard for Poch now if we wanted him, so maybe Ten Hag. Unless PSG told us to call again in the summer.
Please don't talk to me about Pochettino. He's an absolute bum and i'm horrified that people even mentioning his name and Manchester United together in the same sentence.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s great just to have a manager who speaks the way he does. Fantastic even.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
what does a 2 yr consultant mean? We won’t listen and keep you on retainer but out of our sights if need be?
It is actually what he announced he wants to do now a few months ago: consulting clubs how to build a strategy and overall structure to become successful.

And that might be something he is even more influential in than just being the head coach.

He brought Hoffenheim from lower leagues on track to the CL.
Same for Leipzig / overall for Red Bull clubs.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The thing is....

will our million dollar athletes buy his style and ideas.

after all, these buggers will think oh Ralf is just in for 6 months. why work so hard for him.

i hope not the case.
Hence, the news he'll be staying on for 2 years further, in a role I assume will have a massive say on which players come in and out of the club. I would be happy to be proven wrong of course (if they start performing in Ralf's system), but I think the days of Martial and Pogba are now numbered.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Best choice by far. This season is a write off.

Gives us much more options in the long term. We ain't getting Poch till Jan or Ten Hag till June.

Also Nagelsmann could be an option. Who knows if he last the full season with Bayern.
He gives a good chance to win the fa cup or with some luck even the CL so I wouldn't write off the season just yet.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Point to consider - even if this was an interim to wait for Poch in the summer - Rangnick will now have a voice at the table. No way he brings in Poch over ETH. Not without a fight.

el3mel

Weird how football suddenly looks interesting again. Suddenly I'm back looking forward to next games.

Ole's tenure has killed my interest in football completely. Glad to feel interested in results again.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wow! Murtough 100% reads the caf. Glorious times ahead folks. The caf leading United back to the promised land.

No idea how this will work out but I'm damn excited to see some gegengengenpressing attempted at United. Could this really mean Ten Hag in the summer?
Doubtful but there was a rumour years ago that Fletch was a member.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Very happy with this, was really nervous we were going to botch this and immediately rush to a new permanent manager. A 2-year consultancy role afterwards bodes well too, I think. It's important we get someone in at board level who's a football man through and through, for me this suggests the board they knew they needed some guidance and that's reassuring to me.

Going with an interim gives us breathing room to assess our options in summer where we might have a better chance at securing a really good manager, Ten Hag anyone? :D I don't know how this season will pan out but I feel a lot more optimistic about the club's future in the medium term.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This is good. It also makes ETH less of a pipe dream if RR can put the right infrastructural changes in motion.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Are you fecking kidding me ? United making te correct decision ? =) Hope it means he get a role up stairs and Ten Hag taking over next summer=)

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Probably the case. I'm not saying they went over Murtough's head to do this, but someone like Rangnick would help him a lot as he develops in the role
I agree. I think it was @Adnan that said they've been friends for years and apparently Murtough sees him as one of his inspirations. The fact Murtough/Fletcher led the search (not Woodward or Arnold) and we landed on Rangnick signals a new era.

monosierra

Really? Wow. Read that he’s a control freak.

what does a 2 yr consultant mean? We won’t listen and keep you on retainer but out of our sights if need be?
Sounds like it. Having a voice but not being in charge. I guess to Rangnick, the chances of having more of a say is worth the risk of leaving Lokomotiv.

Status
Not open for further replies.