Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

Utter shite. Complete and utter shite.

You have no idea why Ralf was hired, so stop posting as if you were in the negotiations and have seen Ralf’s KPI/targets.

If I had to guess, given the money at stake, he was hired to 1. Get results and ensure CL qualification AND 2. Improve our footballscouting, recruitment, philosophy, etc

If he’s failing on one of those targets, he’s still a failure.
He hasn’t yet failed one of those. He’s only a failure until he’s failed.

DSG

He hasn’t yet failed one of those. He’s only a failure until he’s failed.
Agree, but that doesn’t mean he gets a pass from criticism in the meantime. If we look like shit, it’s important to say so and continuously evaluate him. He’s being paid a lot of money to right the ship.

Lee565

It's to think we quite literally back to where we were with van gaal, we went through two coaches after van gaal that did no favours developing anyone and just tried to rely on individual brilliance and spunking 100's of millions on players they barely knew what to do with them and now we have manager is about creating a footballing philosophy within the club and laying down the blueprints of transforming the club from top to bottom in terms of footballing side of things which exactly that same as what we saw already under van gaal when he was here

We should have just stuck out with van gaal now who unlike ragnick he at least had the experience of already transforming/managing the biggest clubs and a lot of our younger players would likely be in a far better place in terms of their development and not wasted so much money on over paying for over hyped footballers.

macheda14

Agree, but that doesn’t mean he gets a pass from criticism in the meantime. If we look like shit, it’s important to say so and continuously evaluate him. He’s being paid a lot of money to right the ship.
Yes but it’s also unrealistic to judge a manager based on practically 10 training sessions.

peridigm

It's to think we quite literally back to where we were with van gaal, we went through two coaches after van gaal that did no favours developing anyone and just tried to rely on individual brilliance and spunking 100's of millions on players they barely knew what to do with them and now we have manager is about creating a footballing philosophy within the club and laying down the blueprints of transforming the club from top to bottom in terms of footballing side of things which exactly that same as what we saw already under van gaal when he was here

We should have just stuck out with van gaal now who unlike ragnick he at least had the experience of already transforming/managing the biggest clubs and a lot of our younger players would likely be in a far better place in terms of their development and not wasted so much money on over paying for over hyped footballers.
Hindsight is 20/20 right? LVG was never meant to be long term. 3 Years was it and then it was give it Giggsy. The problem with LVG was no one imagined the football was going to be as boring as it was. If anything, LVG's time as coach was a lesson of how we don't want to play. It was apparent Giggs really didn't have much say in anything and I think LVG figured he didn't know anything after that Chica penalty miss. You know the one. Classic LVG moment.

We then had to be saved by Jose. Again, everyone knew he was not going to be long term despite the contract he was given. Came in chest puffed out, this was going to be a new Jose. Coming to save flip United back to winning ways, proven, all that.
Wrong! Jose gonna Jose.

Ole was the true savior. Knew what we needed. Just didn't have the expertise to pull it off. Wouldn't know a footballing philosophy if it bit him in the ass. Old mates FC was destined to fail because the head of the gang was too cowardly in the end. As many put it, his initial takeover was only going to be successful as we were at such a low point with Jose, he had nothing to lose. Attack, attack, attack. Scored a boat load of goals for a few months and then we became the team we did as he was too afraid to lose and lost site of what we did best. Ole tried to hard to be the nice guy. If he was more ruthless, he might still have been in a job. In stead, too many favorites and wrong decisions cost him the job.

Rangnick is the first one we've appointed with any real idea of what he wants to achieve. The question is, will the players buy into his ideas and methodology? Media is against him already. It's apparent there is lots of work to do and the dressing room is divided. We're still without reach of our main goal and that's 4th in the PL. We also have two cups to play for, granted I don't think many expect us to go beyond the next round or two but it's not over yet. If all Rangnick does it scrape 4th and get our purchasing department to see the errors in their past, he will have succeeded in my opinion. We appoint a permanent manager in the summer with a new idea of bringing in players that work and not the most expensive flashy toy to try and buy our way into another trophy. That plus a clear out and we find ourselves in a new era and a new project.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

LVG didnt come in to reshape the footballing infrastructure. This is an odd comparison. The only similarity between these two managers is they are both coaches who know specifically how they want their team to play and can coach with detailed drills.

Thats it.

Trophy Room

You have no idea why Ralf was hired, so stop posting as if you were in the negotiations and have seen Ralf’s KPI/targets.

If I had to guess, given the money at stake, he was hired to 1. Get results and ensure CL qualification AND 2. Improve our footballscouting, recruitment, philosophy, etc

Most of what’s said on this forum is utter shite mate including what you’ve just said.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

If we wanted quick results we would have gotten Conte. The need for a figure to reshape our footballing philosophy and transfer infrastructure was quite evidently the priorirty.

Your insinuation that top 4 in the short term superseeds any long term foundations is "utter shite. Complete and utter shite".

DSG

Yes but it’s also unrealistic to judge a manager based on practically 10 training sessions.
I’m pretty sure we can evaluate him after 10 training sessions. Have you ever been a manager and hired / fired an employee? When you bring someone in, do you just turn away and ignore them? No, you watch them closely, provide support and continuously provide feedback.

it doesn’t mean you make a move to terminate after 1 month, but a smart CEO/manager watches new hires very closely.

Conor

DSG

I said, “if I had to guess”. Big difference. And by the way, since CL qualification is around 15-20% of annual revenue, I’m pretty sure the board and shareholders have strong opinions on this.

DSG

If we wanted quick results we would have gotten Conte. The need for a figure to reshape our footballing philosophy and transfer infrastructure was quite evidently the priorirty.

Your insinuation that top 4 in the short term superseeds any long term foundations is "utter shite. Complete and utter shite".
See above posts. Have you ever run a business? There is a scenario where we reach top 4 and undergo significant positive organizational change. That’s MOST LIKELY the target.

I never said one goal was more important than the other. Both equally important, in my view.

To think that the board would be happy with an 8th place finish while Ralf frolics with unicorns and rainbows is pretty damn naive mate.

RashyGiggsy

Here is the in-form table for the past 5 games for the top 7 in-form teams in the PL. While we might complain about poor play from United, since Rangnick has arrived we are at least gaining some points. Two points per match would put us at 79 at the end of the year. That would be enough to secure a CL spot in most seasons, probably even a 3rd place finish. The situation may not be as dire as we think.

City15 pts
Arsenal12 pts
Tottenham11 pts
United10 pts
West Ham9 pts
Liverpool 8 pts
BHV8 pts

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Here is the in-form table for the past 5 games for the top 7 in-form teams in the PL. While we might complain about poor play from United, since Rangnick has arrived we are at least gaining some points. Two points per match would put us at 79 at the end of the year. That would be enough to secure a CL spot in most seasons, probably even a 3rd place finish. The situation may not be as dire as we think.

City15 pts
Arsenal12 pts
Tottenham11 pts
United10 pts
West Ham9 pts
Liverpool8 pts
BHV8 pts
Good and sensible post. You'll never make it here

el3mel

City15 pts
Arsenal12 pts
Tottenham11 pts
United10 pts
West Ham9 pts
Liverpool8 pts
BHV8 pts
The results aren't bad. The football played has been disappointed though. I didn't expect us to turn into prime Barca within a month but it's disappointing for me that I can't even see any signs of something new being implemented on the pitch. It's the same old crap but we're grinding results now.

Greck

You can't attack Ralf over results because the results haven't actually been shite. We've only lost 1 in like 5, qualified for the next round of the FA cup and are within distance of CL qualification with 2 games in hand. Compared to where we were before Ralf we are much improved on paper. It's the quality of football people want to see improve next so the improvements can remain sustainable. However no one can say the results are failing. They can improve however.

macheda14

I’m pretty sure we can evaluate him after 10 training sessions. Have you ever been a manager and hired / fired an employee? When you bring someone in, do you just turn away and ignore them? No, you watch them closely, provide support and continuously provide feedback.

it doesn’t mean you make a move to terminate after 1 month, but a smart CEO/manager watches new hires very closely.
Yes because football is akin to so many businesses. They are of course watching his results but in no way is any football person thinking it’s anywhere near close to being able to discern his ability to coach these players. You have two of his peers Klopp and Tuchel saying he will find it very hard to coach during the Christmas period. You have Ronaldo coming out and saying give him time and Shaw coming out and saying before the Villa game ‘we finally have some days out on the grass for him to give us new ideas’. For me and I’ve said this a few times on here, if there is no noticeable improvement or movement towards his philosophy by Burnley in early Feb, then yeh let’s maybe worry. But we’ve been lucky that January is a fairly normal month schedule wise giving him a long consistent time out on the grass with the squad. Not 10 sessions spread over 5 weeks.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Well, I dont let a random guy outside of my organization talk about something which he or she has absolutely no clue about.

And if it helps, the football coaching isn't exactly a McD chef job where you can know if the guy is good or bad after a cooking session.

Armchair experts needs to know there are no quick fixes for our problems. We have a severely bloated squad who has no idea of how to play a modern game. Conte would have certainly handled it but it also has its own risks.

I would say, wait till Feb and see if we are any better. If not, then you have every right to question him.

Lee565

LVG didnt come in to reshape the footballing infrastructure. This is an odd comparison. The only similarity between these two managers is they are both coaches who know specifically how they want their team to play and can coach with detailed drills.

Thats it.
Van gaal did try to make changes behind the scenes with the training facilities, the scouting and getting involved in the youth system.

RuudTom83

While United have totally failed to control any match since Ralf has arrived, the goals against has improved greatly.

Build a solid foundation first and worry about playing pretty later.

The United

While United have totally failed to control any match since Ralf has arrived, the goals against has improved greatly.

Build a solid foundation first and worry about playing pretty later.
For this, I would be looking at chance conceding stats though. With naked eyes, it did not seem to improve too much. But then again the back line has been constantly changing.

The United

Van gaal did try to make changes behind the scenes with the training facilities, the scouting and getting involved in the youth system.
He did. I thought a member of his staff still work or worked until recently in the scouting department.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

City15 pts
Arsenal12 pts
Tottenham11 pts
United10 pts
West Ham9 pts
Liverpool8 pts
BHV8 pts
The results have picked up, but people were licking their lips in anticipation of an easy run where we'd shoot up the table after a quick managerial fix. Reality is much different and thankfully the January window is open as we need to address the midfield and, preferably, ship out some players to have a more balanced squad and dressing room.

The football has been absolutely terrible, but Rangnick's had very few training sessions to date.

The United

City15 pts
Arsenal12 pts
Tottenham11 pts
United10 pts
West Ham9 pts
Liverpool8 pts
BHV8 pts
And two teams that have more points than us are our direct rivals for one spot and their fixtures were a tad harder than ours. Unless our performance improves to match the results, we could be out of the race pretty soon with only tough fixtures will be left.

Saying all of it, our squad should be in top 4 at least regardless of the manager.

DSG

Well, I dont let a random guy outside of my organization talk about something which he or she has absolutely no clue about.

And if it helps, the football coaching isn't exactly a McD chef job where you can know if the guy is good or bad after a cooking session.

Armchair experts needs to know there are no quick fixes for our problems. We have a severely bloated squad who has no idea of how to play a modern game. Conte would have certainly handled it but it also has its own risks.

I would say, wait till Feb and see if we are any better. If not, then you have every right to question him.
Ah, I see now. As long as you are the armchair expert , then we should listen to you, because it’s your armchair and you are sitting in it. Us peons, however, well, we can’t have an opinion because we aren’t qualified.

I’ve said that we should give him more time. But given the fact we’ve had a pretty easy fixture list, we’ve looked diabolical on the pitch, there are real questions about tactics, and the players look confused/frustrated on the pitch, not to mention reports of revolt within the dressing room, it’s fair to say that RR’s performance til now has been well below expectations.

macheda14

Ah, I see now. As long as you are the armchair expert , then we should listen to you, because it’s your armchair and you are sitting in it. Us peons, however, well, we can’t have an opinion because we aren’t qualified.

I’ve said that we should give him more time. But given the fact we’ve had a pretty easy fixture list, we’ve looked diabolical on the pitch, there are real questions about tactics, and the players look confused/frustrated on the pitch, not to mention reports of revolt within the dressing room, it’s fair to say that RR’s performance til now has been well below expectations.
There’s a difference between calling him a failure as you did and saying ‘he needs time but the time here has been disappointing’. Nice that you’ve come round to being a little bit more realistic and less hyperbolic. Took you a while.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah after further thought he was in quite deep.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Mate , you don't need to feel offended. You compared a new manager in a football club against a new hire in any corporate environment. It's laughable at its best.

To expect something to happen after like 10-12 sessions is an over expectation. Come back to reality and be reasonable in your expectations. Players will look confused . It basically means there are clear tactical instructions going behind the scenes and something different is being asked to.perform on the pitch.

Hey I wish, the management job was so easy that when everytime a new manager comes in, the team performs very well and win all matches immediately.

DSG

Mate , you don't need to feel offended. You compared a new manager in a football club against a new hire in any corporate environment. It's laughable at its best.

To expect something to happen after like 10-12 sessions is an over expectation. Come back to reality and be reasonable in your expectations. Players will look confused . It basically means there are clear tactical instructions going behind the scenes and something different is being asked to.perform on the pitch.

Hey I wish, the management job was so easy that when everytime a new manager comes in, the team performs very well and win all matches immediately.
I guess this is where you and I differ. I’d be delighted to be wrong — honestly, I would. But I don’t see it from Ralf. It’s a squad that has the talent to win now. Watching us struggle against the likes of Newcastle, Wolves and Villa, I’m not optimistic that he’ll turn it around.

DSG

There’s a difference between calling him a failure as you did and saying ‘he needs time but the time here has been disappointing’. Nice that you’ve come round to being a little bit more realistic and less hyperbolic. Took you a while.
If you read through my posts from start to finish, you will see that I always said he should be given more time. Also, I said he needed to reach top 4. He’s not top4 now, and if he isn’t in the top 4 by March with this squad, It would be a failure, yes. If he’s not top 4 by the end of the season, then that’s clearly unacceptable.

Stig

If you read through my posts from start to finish, you will see that I always said he should be given more time. Also, I said he needed to reach top 4. He’s not top4 now, and if he isn’t in the top 4 by March with this squad, It would be a failure, yes. If he’s not top 4 by the end of the season, then that’s clearly unacceptable.
Do you really think this unmotivated lldisiplined lot can really make top 4 no matter who was coaching them ?

JeffFromHK

The fact that he makes similar footballing judgment as Ole, which led to his sacking, is very worrying to me.

Manager is changed but the same set of players (the only change is AWB>Dalot) who played sh*t under Ole still plays week in week out under Rangnick.

these players will play no matter who our manager is:
Rashford Ronaldo Greenwood
Mctominay Fernandes Fred
Shaw Maguire Varane AWB
DDG

Bias and favoritism is killing this club

Stacks

The fact that he makes similar footballing judgment as Ole, which led to his sacking, is very worrying to me.

Manager is changed but the same set of players (the only change is AWB>Dalot) who played sh*t under Ole still plays week in week out under Rangnick.

these players will play no matter who our manager is:
Rashford Ronaldo Greenwood
Mctominay Fernandes Fred
Shaw Maguire Varane AWB
DDG

Bias and favoritism is killing this club
nobody said he was a good manager though

Status
Not open for further replies.