Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To be fair you cannot play a premier league match with Bruno and Pogba in a midfield 2, he should have realised that before the game though.
And his love for Telles constantly leads to a goal.

Telles drops in to CB areas whenever there's a cross leading to tonnes of free space.

Castia

Picked 4 players today who are all leaving in just over a month

And we wonder why the players give zero fecks its pointless

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ultimately yes but how many managers will we run through? These players are bastards.
None of the managers we've brought in were up to the task, Mourinho was the only one who may have been but even he was on the decline by the time he came here

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
None of the managers we've brought in were up to the task, Mourinho was the only one who may have been but even he was on the decline by the time he came here
The only constant between managers Is Ed and the players. But sure it’s all on the head coach

Based Adnan

It's like he's scared of upsetting the same players who have proven themselves over the course of several seasons to not be good enough with poor attitudes to boot

Bebestation

Any comments?
About?

I love Matic but why oh why would you start the game with Bruno, Pogba and Lingard in midfield and let in two goals to then bring in the player we should have started with all too late?

Absolutely average manager. He is lucky just like the rest of us that we have Ronaldo.

georgipep

About?

I love Matic but why oh why would you start the game with Bruno, Pogba and Lingard in midfield and let in two goals to then bring in the player we should have started with all too late?

Absolutely average manager. He is lucky just like the rest of us that we have Ronaldo.
Because if you start with Matic on the field and you need a midfield sub, you have zero options but one Mejbri, who is both quite offensive, and unproven.

Then you concede two goals, it is obvious you have zero control over the middle of the field, so you introduce the one player who gives you that.

And what do you know...it worked!

DevilRed

Dogshit manager.

But thats what you get when you appoint someone who ISNT a manager and HASN'T managed a top tier club. Ever.

In fact, the man hasn't held a long term management position since 2011. Having said that, I suppose he will be valuable as a consultant and we didn't have too much choice if we were always going to go for Ten Hag/Poch in the summer.

Bebestation

Because if you start with Matic on the field and you need a midfield sub, you have zero options but one Mejbri, who is both quite offensive, and unproven.

Then you concede two goals, it is obvious you have zero control over the middle of the field, so you introduce the one player who gives you that.

And what do you know...it worked!
We won from a Ronaldo Free kick.

Matic stopped the goals coming sure, but that could have happened in the first 60 mins too.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A lot of experts on here but we didn't have midfielders for today and we play Pool on Tuesday.

Lingard playing, Rashford coming on and Bruno staying on was dumb but he's so limited in his options unless he plays the kids.

If this was like the Moyes season, we could play the kids but we have the London bottlejob duo ahead of us, so there's still a mathematical chance.

georgipep

We won from a Ronaldo Free kick.

Matic stopped the goals coming sure, but that could have happened in the first 60 mins too.
1. That free kick happened because we were fouled in attach. Right?
2. If we concede from a free kick, which has been given away after the opposition attack, would you ignore it and say "they only won from a free kick"?

Dan_F

I don’t blame him for the midfield. Clearly saving Matic for Liverpool and there’s quite literally no one else to play there. I guess he figured it would be enough for Norwich.

Red-17

It's like he's scared of upsetting the same players who have proven themselves over the course of several seasons to not be good enough with poor attitudes to boot
Not sure how many times we need to bring Rashford on as a sub to see he isn't the answer in any capacity at the moment. FFS just give Hannibal or Garnacho 5-10 minutes to at least see if they may be of some worth this season to us. If it was a few games of bad form, that's one thing, but it has literally been a whole season.

The less said about the midfield today the better. Pogba as the most defensive minded player wouldn't cut it against a championship side. Left the defense completely exposed which gave Norwich a foothold. Even Pep's most attacking lineups always have one midfielder to break up the play. I'd have preferred an academy player than what we had today to at least keep some structure.

Red00012

I don’t know what else he could have done .

Matic was rested for Tuesday
We had no midfielders

people love complaining

Abraxas

Ultimately he won the game. I think it has gone beyond the stage where Ralf is deemed to have turned around the group, "laid a platform" and all that nice sounding stuff people were advocating for when he arrived. That hasn't happened and won't be happening with a handful of games to go.

He just needs to get results and plenty of them whatever the composition of the side is and no matter how bad we look. Today is part of that in my book. It keeps us in with a half shout.

DSG

Wow. Sloppy. So sloppy.

Players have to bear some of the responsibility, but can you imagine if Klopp or Simeone saw that type of lazy passing? They’d be having a seizure on the sideline. I swear to God, watching us at times you get the feeling that these players are on the field for the first time together. Miscommunication everywhere.

Rangnick is a nice person but the product he is putting on the field is pretty awful.

el3mel

We were playing against the 20th team in the league and we barely, just barely won, thanks to Ronaldo's individual brilliance.

Hardly anything to write home about.

tjb

The only constant between managers Is Ed and the players. But sure it’s all on the head coach
Are we really going to act like it's the same players.

Mourinho had:

DDG, Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof/Bailly/Jones, Young, Pogba, Matic, Lingard, Mhiki, Rashford and Lukaku as his main starters, with Shaw, Mata and Martial coming in and out.

Matic is generally viewed as a decent professional.
Bailly and Jones have barely featured over the last 3 years.
DDG has been great for us and has been a good pro over the years as well.
Valencia, Smalling, Young, Mhiki and Lukaku have left the club.

That leaves Lindelof ( who has barely shown any signs of malice since his arrival), Pogba, Lingard, Shaw and Martial.

5 players in a 20+ man squad.

Martial has gone out on loan and will leave.
Pogba and Lingard will also leave this summer.

There is barely any constant of players between Ole and Mourinho; and almost nothing with LVG. The concept that our players have been getting managers sacked is completely false. You can blame Woodward and the recruitment team partially, but most of the managers had a lot more control at United than they would have had at other teams and consistently failed.

Is Pogba an issue? Yes. He should have been sent on his way in 2018. A mixture of his poor injury record, us not trying to lose this type of talent and difficulty finding sellers that would want to buy him for the value we placed on him kept him here for almost 4 extra seasons. He should definately have been gone at the end of 18/19. Since then he hasn't figured too much on the pitch, but his influence off it has been a problem.

Lingard was given far too much entitlement at the club. Once it was figured he was not going to be suitable as a starter at this level and he could not hold down a specific role, we should have shipped him off instead of using him as depth. He stayed far too long, he should have been sold last summer. That was a mistake from Ole.
Shaw. Shaw was fantastic last season and I still believe he has that in his game. Mourinho bullied him and we all accepted that notion at the time. LVG didn't have a problem with, Ole didn't have a problem with him. Rangnick had already made previous negative statements about him, then dropped him immediately when he came into the team. Telles has been poor, so that drop was really inexcusable.

In essence, too much is made about the players downing tools for different managers. It's a completely different group. Yes, there are negative influences within this current dressing room, but that is exclusive to this dressing room. I don't think outside of Pogba, Ole was dealing with the type of issues that are occuring now, despite the leaks. I think the addition of stronger personalities like Ronaldo, mixed in with the heavy handedness of Rangnick, led to the current dressing room being the way it is.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Worst manager we've had by a long shot.
I 100% agree, it's becoming worse before it gets any better with Ralf. We can't attack, we certainly can't defend and if not for an individual performance mostly by Ronaldo we would of been 8th or even worse. Let's just remember that our last 3 from 4 PL wins were 99% on Ronaldo.
It's like Ralf does absolutely nothing in training, better give the players a full week's rest in that case, at least they would be fresh.

sirAlexsglasses

I don’t know what else he could have done .

Matic was rested for Tuesday
We had no midfielders

people love complaining
thats all they do pal, complain at RR as it’ his fault in their opinion. I just do not get what they expected him to do, no budget, no control over the players (they knew he wouldn’t be around come next season) and they are all tied to ridiculous long term expensive contracts so they aren’t going anywhere especially when we are thin on the ground anyway. It was stacked against RR from the very beginning, people don’t realise that he was purely a gap filler, no manager worth their salt was coming in short term until they bring in who they wanted.

Long Time Red

Wow, even the Rangnick fan club aren't defending that performance today.

It must have been bad.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
After seeing Matic on the bench and no DM in our starting 11, I definitely question what Ralf was thinking, if he was even thinking at all. Bruno is already a liability in midfield but then you start Pogba at DM and a guy who has played only a handful of minutes with them this year as well? Very strange decision indeed...

RiqCantona

After seeing Matic on the bench and no DM in our starting 11, I definitely question what Ralf was thinking, if he was even thinking at all. Bruno is already a liability in midfield but then you start Pogba at DM and a guy who has played only a handful of minutes with them this year as well? Very strange decision indeed...
Matic struggles to play more than 60mins every week. He'd have to be subbed around the 60min mark which would have left the defense much weaker for the last 30mins. I think this was rather a smart move.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Matic struggles to play more than 60mins every week. He'd have to be subbed around the 60min mark which would have left the defense much weaker for the last 30mins. I think this was rather a smart move.
And you know this for fact or you're just assuming this? Matic plays DM. It's not a position that involves a lot of sprinting. It's a jogging position. Matic would have been fine for 90 minutes today and we would have had much more control of the game and gave proper protection to our back 4. Playing Pogba as a DM with Lingard and Bruno was just plain stupid. It's the kind of thing a person who knows nothing about football would do in a video game...

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Play a back 3 then. Bruno and Pogba in a double pivot is never a smart move. Norwich sensed we were there for the taking even 2-0 down due to how easy they were cutting through us and gained belief then momentum as it went on.

RiqCantona

Play a back 3 then. Bruno and Pogba in a double pivot is never a smart move. Norwich sensed we were there for the taking even 2-0 down due to how easy they were cutting through us and gained belief then momentum as it went on.
Good point. I was thinking the same. A back three would've been better. But I doubt whether this dysfunctional group of players would've made a back 3 work.

Pat Cat

How did we sack the former Molde coach and manage to downgrade? Worst coach in the league. There's even managers in the championship who are much better.

RetroStu

It just seems whoever the manager is, we are still inconsistent and often shit. Maybe thats showing that all the problems are not soley on the manager, and a lot of our players are just not good enough for a club our size, and a club expected to challenge for trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.