Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

I find it amusing, and weird, that so many are desperate to solely pin the blame on the players. Ralf, in the position as interim manager, has failed to the point where we‘re performing worse than we did under Ole. He’s come in, failed to improve us and made us worse. I said it at the very beginning, apart from the opening two matches we’ve looked poor and the numbers also backed up that impression. The bandwagon stated that it was a massive improvement, and we were no longer struggling in defence ( :lol: :lol: ), completely ignoring the chances the opposition were creating and how few chances we were creating. Somehow, the only conclusion to his tenure is that the players have decided to work against him, because it can’t possibly be a combination of a manager that isn’t really good and who doesn’t understand how to get the best out of a group of players with feck all confidence? Nah, Ralf is completely innocent in all of this, it’s all a plot against him.

We have an entire group of players underperforming, to the point where we’d be relegation candidates if Ralf managed us for a season, and apparantly this only translates to Ralf exposing the squad, great. If anything, it simply makes Ten Hags job even worse, because when an entire group of players fail it is more likely to be caused by the managers rather than the quality of the players.

Eddy_JukeZ

Think about it, mate.

First LVG wasn't good enough, then it was Jose, then Ole and now Rangnick. Are we really expected to believe all 4 of them spectacularly failed, while the players once again escape accountability for their consistently appalling performances?
Why do some of you keep peddling this line?

It's not 1 singular thing that's the problem. The players and managers can both be problems. There's plenty of people here blasting the players in the performance threads.

And all those managers were shit for us.

Van Gaal wasn't good enough. He's amounted to nothing since he's left the club. Jose is managing Roma now after Spurs couldn't wait to boot him out. Ole can't even find a job and Rangnick just got hired for a subpar national team.

Some of you don't get it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Just got in and watching the game now. 4 nil is embarrassing as feck. Damn. This season. He is a lame duck manager in bad conditions but this is another low. Feck this season and bring on ETH already.

Camilo

Clearly the issue is not the manager.

We've been shit for over a decade now. Getting a better interim manager in just means we kick off next season with misplaced optimism, before the inevitable return to wank football in October.

The team is full of shit players, playing like they don't care. Hang them out for all to see.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Clearly the issue is not the manager.

We've been shit for over a decade now. Getting a better interim manager in just means we kick off next season with misplaced optimism, before the inevitable return to wank football in October.

The team is full of shit players, playing like they don't care. Hang them out for all to see.
Feck me! Still even now?

Unbelievable!

Castia

The vast majority of blame goes on the players they’ve been sulking all season and are a fecking disgrace to the shirt.

Ralk hasn’t been able to implement his ‘style’ which is widely known to be a pressing game because the players have zero interest in jogging let alone doing a full press.

This all boils down to bad upper management yet again. Half the squad leaving on a free, half of them unhappy and wanted to move since last summer it’s a complete mess from top to bottom.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Such an underwelming appointment at the time, signing a noname with no pedigree at all just the United thing to do. Carrick should of finnished the season with Ten Hag signed behind the scenes and announced after.

m1tch

His appointment has proved to be another complete and utter disaster, probably our worst one yet. Sure we need a clear out, but I wouldn't trust what he says about the players. I mean why on earth would you? What's he achieved in his managerial career, or as a director of football in Russia, or as our interim coach to qualify him to pass comment on which players are worth keeping?! There's nothing, absolutely nothing.

Suv666

Look at Spurs pre-Conte and now, they were just as bad as us, if not worse.
Conte would have easily gotten top four with this squad.
Yeah the squad is bad, its not 4-0 to Brighton bad.

Ragnick as an interim just doesn't give a feck and wants to leave for Austria asap. The players personify this very attitude.

Castia

Yes, when these idiotic players are being managed by idiotic unqualified managers.
Mate they won’t even sprint, they’re literally at walking pace on the pitch, they checked out in early December and have sulked and moaned in the press ever since the lot of them are a complete joke.

4 of them still playing regularly are leaving for free, there must be 4-5 more that have effectively asked to leave and then we’ve got stories about a divide in the dressing room around Ronaldo vs Maguire the whole thing is just toxic.

Now I’m not saying Ragnick has done a good job, we’ve been awful since he came but I’ve never seen such an obvious ‘downing of tools’ in my life he’s coaching a team of fecking dickheads.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I find it amusing, and weird, that so many are desperate to solely pin the blame on the players.
Say what you want about Ralf but his PR is exceptional.

Forget about PRashford , PRangnick is the master.

It started with something like this:

"We need someone like Ralf to come in and coach this lot, the moments of individual brilliance arent enough anymore. Ole is wasting a squad that is capable of getting top 4 and potentially challenging."

"The godfather of geggenpressing is in the house, I think we will easily make 4th and maybe even close the gap on Chelsea"

Quickly turned to this:

"Ralf doesn't have the players to implement his system."

Rapidly deteriorated to this:

"Nobody else could have came in (Even Klopp or Pep) and done anything with this squad, if you can't see the problems in the squad you are a fool. Top 4 was a pipe dream"

Before ending up here:

"He was never supposed to challenge for top 4 , the whole point of his appointment was to expose the frauds and if you can't see that you are an idiot."

I'm guessing the fact he hired Raphael Honigstein as his media consultant has helped move the goal posts over the past 2/3 months. (I do find it strange that people are quick to point out individual players links to journalists but rarely mention the fact Ralf hired one to deal with the media)

*Your owners , board, management and squad are all at fault.

**Ole was shit too and most outside of United were saying it for years

OrcaFat

Half these players are clearly better than this. How do I know? Because I've seen it either in a Utd shirt or for other teams. Soe arent good enough, but the biggest failing right now in this team is the manager. Rangnick has been a trainwreck. If ETH gets a tune out of some of these players (which I think he can easily do) some people will have to accept that Ralf is completely shite.
Right, I got you.

I think there might be a majority who are basically with you.

RR is not suited to the job he was given. For one, he doesn’t have the energy for it and that must transmit to the players and, unsurprisingly, our performances lack energy. Also he doesn’t know how to set up the players he has got in order to get the best possible results; instead he sets up to an ideal and complains the players are not good enough to play the way he asks.

And that last point reveals the reality. The players are capable of playing better and getting better results, yes, but they are not good enough to play the type of football we want to play and the football that will win leagues and cups (that’s true of most of them anyway).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don't think anyone is suggesting the manager isn't culpable to a degree, but this set of players have turned out these sort of performances under 3 different managers now. Who's really in control?
Ahh this old myth again. Do I have to repeat every hour to a different person that these players have massively changed under every manager? The players have changed!

city-puma

"We need someone like Ralf to come in and coach this lot, the moments of individual brilliance arent enough anymore. Ole is wasting a squad that is capable of getting top 4 and potentially challenging."

"The godfather of geggenpressing is in the house, I think we will easily make 4th and maybe even close the gap on Chelsea"

Quickly turned to this:

"Nobody else could have came in (Even Klopp or Pep) and done anything with this squad, if you can't see the problems in the squad you are a fool. Top 4 was a pipe dream"

Before ending up here:

"He was never supposed to challenge for top 4 , the whole point of his appointment was to expose the frauds and if you can't see that you are an idiot."

I'm guessing the fact he hired Raphael Honigstein as his media consultant has helped move the goal posts over the past 2/3 months. (I do find it strange that people are quick to point out individual players links to journalists but rarely mention the fact Ralf hired one to deal with the media)

Well summarized!

TrustInJanuzaj

Quickly turned to this:

Before ending up here:

Haha this is a great post. Very reflective of the changing narratives around ralf!

TrustInJanuzaj

Right, I got you.

RR is not suited to the job he was given. For one, he doesn’t have the energy for it and that must transmit to the players and, unsurprisingly, our performances lack energy. Also he doesn’t know how to set up the players he has got in order to get the best possible results; instead he sets up to an ideal and complains the players are not good enough to play the way he asks.

And that last point reveals the reality. The players are capable of playing better and getting better results, yes, but they are not good enough to play the type of football we want to play and the football that will win leagues and cups (that’s true of most of them anyway).
Yeh okay I’m with you 100% on this post. Where I get frustrated is that some fans are ready to throw every single player away, including genuinely world class players like Ronaldo, Varane, hell even Bruno and Sancho. They have been dragged into the mire in this hellish season and frankly there’s not a player in the world who could have come in and stopped the rot this season. But yes to truly progress we have to move on from players like McTominay, Elanga (as anything but a squad player), Jones, Lingard etc.

city-puma

Quickly turned to this:

Before ending up here:

I want to vote this the Post of the Season!

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Right, I got you.

I agree with this . He's what 64? Just has not enough energy and now clearly doesn't really give a feck. I believe he knows what he's doing tactically but getting this group of players to do it is obviously not his forte. Doesn't help that they know he's going, top 4 is gone and half the squad is leaving anyway. I don't agree with people saying it was all bad. At the beginning there were some pretty good performances and I remember dozens of opportunities being created and not being finished. Since Atletico it has been an absolute trainwreck though, there is no denying it. Feck the team that has been built, pathetic cocktail of nothingness.

Matt851

Who hasn't been consistently shit and uninterested this season? Even Ronaldo and de Gea have had spells of being poor and ineffective.
All players are playing shit and yet somehow the manager isn't at all to blame. Not sure that registers

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I wish he played some of the younger players like Hannibal, Garnacho and Fernandez in these closing games. Don't get the point of having the likes of Mata out there when we all know he sucks and is leaving. As Opta Joe would say...cowardly

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
The idea he is worst interim of all time is hyperbolic nonsense though. Interim manager failures are ten a penny, they're not brought in because things are good, they are there because things got fecking awful for a reason.

pascell

All players are playing shit and yet somehow the manager isn't at all to blame. Not sure that registers
The only person who isn't registering it, is yourself. You're condescending your past point in that the manager is picking these shit players, yet you've just said they're all playing shit, go figure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't think anyone is suggesting the manager isn't culpable to a degree, but this set of players have turned out these sort of performances under 3 different managers now. Who's really in control?
Except that's not true is it

Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo only joined the club this season

Maguire, AWB, Lindelof, Telles, Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Cavani have only really known Ole onwards (some barely having played under Mourinho)

So that leaves De Gea, Jones, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Rashford and Martial as the only ones that you can really say have been front and centre throughout the Mourinho to now period most of whom have been in and out of the team and these performances all season

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If you have a problem child, and you send him to the orphanage and he pisses off the nuns and misbehaves, and they send him to a foster family, and he pisses them off and misbehaves, maybe the kid has a problem? :D
Ah, so you're saying Ole was a decent manager and didn't deserve to be sacked because he wasn't at fault? Ok, gotcha....great analogy!

Hoof the ball

Ah, so you're saying Ole was a decent manager and didn't deserve to be sacked because he wasn't at fault? Ok, gotcha....great analogy!
By no means. Ole was a poor manager and a poor coach. I'm emphasising the common thread of playing personnel showing equal levels of poor quality through the tenure of multiple managers.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I find it amusing, and weird, that so many are desperate to solely pin the blame on the players. Ralf, in the position as interim manager, has failed to the point where we‘re performing worse than we did under Ole. He’s come in, failed to improve us and made us worse. I said it at the very beginning, apart from the opening two matches we’ve looked poor and the numbers also backed up that impression. The bandwagon stated that it was a massive improvement, and we were no longer struggling in defence ( :lol: :lol: ), completely ignoring the chances the opposition were creating and how few chances we were creating. Somehow, the only conclusion to his tenure is that the players have decided to work against him, because it can’t possibly be a combination of a manager that isn’t really good and who doesn’t understand how to get the best out of a group of players with feck all confidence? Nah, Ralf is completely innocent in all of this, it’s all a plot against him.

We have an entire group of players underperforming, to the point where we’d be relegation candidates if Ralf managed us for a season, and apparantly this only translates to Ralf exposing the squad, great. If anything, it simply makes Ten Hags job even worse, because when an entire group of players fail it is more likely to be caused by the managers rather than the quality of the players.
Ah feck right off! Who puts the shirt on? Who crosses the white line? Where is their pride?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I wish he played some of the younger players like Hannibal, Garnacho and Fernandez in these closing games. Don't get the point of having the likes of Mata out there when we all know he sucks and is leaving. As Opta Joe would say...cowardly
The younger players don’t deserve to be exposed to the shit show that is our first team.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Yes, why do clubs even need managers, it’s all down to the players
Seriously? This bunch of players with a couple of exceptions have downed tools. Do you need reminding that the lost 0-5 at home to our bitterest rivals? Or was that all down to Ole?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
By no means. Ole was a poor manager and a poor coach. I'm emphasising the common thread of playing personnel showing equal levels of poor quality through the tenure of multiple managers.
So it wasn't the managers' faults?? Doesn't make sense. We won trophies under van Gaal and Mourinho, finished 2nd, got to a final and broke several club/PL records under Solskjaer so that's not strictly true. 95% of managers will move on at some point because their teams take a turn for the worse and they end up getting sacked but they're at least able to go on some kind of run at some point or have their moment of glory. Rangnick took over a team in need of a change just like every other club on the planet when their old manager gets the sack. We had a great team on paper with something still to fight for.

He couldn't even get a new manager bounce out of them and will finish with the lowest points total and highest goals conceded in the entire PL era. The players have been poor there's no denying that but he was brought in to manage them and get them going again.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Quickly turned to this:

Before ending up here:

All this quotes are bang on fairplay. Nailed it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.