Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Oh boy, I was not targeting your age, believe me! I genuinely wanted to know your age, so I can reconcile with the mental age your posts generally represent.

But I now have a vague idea.
And I have more than a vague idea of your intellect and reading comprehension from your defensive and nonsensical responses.

On the ignore list for you.

marcus agrippa

I think this is all from the daily star? Feel we’re being taken for a ride and bit and they’re just making coin off all the residual United fan anger.
No, this is Wheeler. He's legit. Though, of course, the perspective is that of his source, whoever they are.

The Daily Star was the only one reporting that Ronaldo will leave if Rangnick is made permanent, or some such BS.

L1nk

Load of quotes from the press conference but sounds like Ralf will have his way or the highway to be honest, and good

Lewnited

So with nobody coming out and saying it’s false, you reckon everything’s fine in the United camp just because it’s a certain newspaper that’s published the story? Posting a green smiley doesn’t make your take the reasonable one…
Can you do me a favour and point out where I said that everything is fine in the United camp? If not, feel free to continue taking everything written in The Daily Star as gospel.

Anustart89

Can you do me a favour and point out where I said that everything is fine in the United camp? If not, feel free to continue taking everything written in The Daily Star as gospel.
If the daily star wrote that Cristiano Ronaldo is a United player, would you tune in to watch him for Juventus at the weekend?

The story’s been corroborated by many journalists, some of them from the Athletic (listen to the latest talk of the devils podcast), and even if it hadn’t been, it’s of such an explosive nature that it would’ve had to be denied officially if it was made up.

marcus agrippa

If the daily star wrote that Cristiano Ronaldo is a United player, would you tune in to watch him for Juventus at the weekend?

The story’s been corroborated by many journalists, some of them from the Athletic (listen to the latest talk of the devils podcast), and even if it hadn’t been, it’s of such an explosive nature that it would’ve had to be denied officially if it was made up.
Really? Please show me where reporters from The Athletic claimed that Ronaldo doesn't want to play for Rangnick, and will leave if he is appointed permanent manager. Only The Daily Star reported that.

Anustart89

Really? Please show me where reporters from The Athletic claimed that Ronaldo doesn't want to play for Rangnick, and will leave if he is appointed permanent manager. Only The Daily Star reported that.
I thought the post I responded to meant believing “everything coming out” as in the entire situation with unrest within the squad, and not just those specific details, which I would agree seem added on to the main story just because it’s got traction. My bad.

marcus agrippa

I thought the post I responded to meant believing “everything coming out” as in the entire situation with unrest within the squad, and not just those specific details, which I would agree seem added on to the main story just because it’s got traction. My bad.
Yeah, it's kind of their shtick, the Daily Star and them; they pick up a story from a reputable source and add a bit of spice to get clicks. Everyone's blood is up after Wolves, all the reports are out there and so United fans are likely to bite. Seen it time and again.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If the reports are true then there is little that can be done other than a root and branch rip out of the squad. Problem with patching it, is that if there are still players left over that are creating a bad feeling, this can then be picked up by the new players coming in.

Essentially, Utd have a toxic company culture.

Tallis

I can’t fathom why RR got rid of Carrick and Phelan etc all at the same time. Surely, there was some benefit to leverage their know how and relationship ma with the players ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can’t fathom why RR got rid of Carrick and Phelan etc all at the same time. Surely, there was some benefit to leverage their know how and relationship ma with the players ?
Carrick wanted a break and Phelan is still there.

Ixion

Phelan is still at the club. Carrick left of his own choice even after Rangnick asked him to stay.

Giggsy13

If the reports are true then there is little that can be done other than a root and branch rip out of the squad. Problem with patching it, is that if there are still players left over that are creating a bad feeling, this can then be picked up by the new players coming in.

Essentially, Utd have a toxic company culture.
Just identify the weeds, pull and toss out. These pampered and spoilt players likely feel a bit of invincibility thinking they’re untouchable, an attitude fostered by Ole and Woodward. I do hope that the idiots in charge let the club clear out players who don’t care or who are more concerned about their social media profile. This is going to be a painful ride cleaning up this mess.

lilcurt

Contender to worst post of the year... Do you live under a rock?

Anustart89

Contender to worst post of the year... Do you live under a rock?
Stop teasing him, he’s asking legitimate questions. What I’m the most worried about is why Rangnick thought it’d be a good idea to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
David Moyes asked RR to fire Phelan and Carrick but Jose refused . Finally LVG okayed it and they are now gone.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Stop teasing him, he’s asking legitimate questions. What I’m the most worried about is why Rangnick thought it’d be a good idea to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
He can try asking legit question when he gets his facts right. Carrick left of his own accord, Rangnick wanted to keep him in fact. Not so sure about Phelan, but when it's basis is factually wrong...yeah it's one of the worst posts.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
We were warned by everybody who knows Rangnick that he would turn the club upside down, leave no stone unturned. So obviously he’s going to ruffle a few feathers on the way, there are going to be lots of upset people within the club as is the case when changes happen in most organizations.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We were warned by everybody who knows Rangnick that he would turn the club upside down, leave no stone unturned. So obviously he’s going to ruffle a few feathers on the way, there are going to be lots of upset people within the club as is the case when changes happen in most organizations.
I genuinely hope this is the case.

Bobade

He can try asking legit question when he gets his facts right. Carrick left of his own accord, Rangnick wanted to keep him in fact. Not so sure about Phelan, but when it's basis is factually wrong...yeah it's one of the worst posts.
Whoosh

The Oracle

Its because of fans like you who keep to defending the players who are throwing manager after manager under the bus that we are in this mess.
I am not siding with the players.

A lot of the players' attitudes stink, and I'm just as fed up as you are with them.

The point I was making about Conte, was that because his CV is more impressive than Ralf's, our players attitudes are that bad, that I honestly believe that our players would have responded better to Conte... just based on his CV.

It's pathetic when you think about it, but it's the reality of our current players.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...layers-still-believe-in-the-ralf-rangnick-way

Ralf Rangnick is confident Manchester United’s players still believe in his methods after Monday’s dismal 1-0 defeat to Wolves at Old Trafford.

Although the interim manager has only this one loss in his six games, United’s recent performances have been unconvincing, with his wish to implement a high-pressing style not in evidence. Before Aston Villa’s visit on Monday in the FA Cup third round, he was asked whether the players were still buying into his approach.

“They’re at least trying,” he said. “I’m sure they are listening and I think we showed in the last games against [Crystal] Palace, Burnley and in parts against Norwich [all wins] and Newcastle [a draw] that they are trying to follow the advice I give them.

“We conceded less goals than before – it’s 0.6 in six games. But still, it’s about balance, we need to find the best possible balance between offence and defence and this is still something we have to get better on.”

Advertisement

Rangnick would not be drawn on reports of unrest after the Wolves defeat. “I can only tell you about the squad – obviously I don’t know about the atmosphere inside the club,” he said. “I can only speak about the players, locker room, coaching staff: everybody was very disappointed after the game, about the result and the performance, especially in the first half.

“Now we have four days of training, yesterday, today, tomorrow, day after tomorrow before the Aston Villa game and my job, our job, is that we make sure we show a different performance against Aston Villa.”

He even urged those considering their futures to fight for a place. “We have players with contracts expiring in the summer, we have maybe also one or two players who still want to leave although they are under contract. It’s about the players dealing with that situation in a professional way. Everyone has the chance to show in training they deserve the chance to play. If this is not the case, the player, together with the club and the agents, need to discuss the situation.

“As far as I can tell the players have been dealing with that in a professional way. I cannot say anyone else. If I realise this is not the case I will address the players directly.”

allen7

“3 at the back”
I think he will use the more controlled 3412 formation for villa. Bruno will be the attacking mid with ronaldo and greenwood up top. Shaw and dalot as wingbacks.

The United

“3 at the back”
I think he will use the more controlled 3412 formation for villa. Bruno will be the attacking mid with ronaldo and greenwood up top. Shaw and dalot as wingbacks.
Might as well try that since it will be better to protect the flanks and with Bruno in his best position or try Sancho to rotate there. Though obviously we have too many wingers and lack of fit CBs would be issues for that.

I would just release the likes of Cavani, Martial and probably DVB and get a CM or two this window to balance out the squad a bit.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am not siding with the players.

A lot of the players' attitudes stink, and I'm just as fed up as you are with them.

The point I was making about Conte, was that because his CV is more impressive than Ralf's, our players attitudes are that bad, that I honestly believe that our players would have responded better to Conte... just based on his CV.

It's pathetic when you think about it, but it's the reality of our current players.
If you take out a few players like Cr7 and Varane, our player's CV is as empty as Spurs trophy cabinet. Ralf atleast has respect in the world of football.

SER19

Didn't put a word wrong in press conference. The guy is so clearly logical and on it, the type of pragmatic calm we need. God im starting to detest this squad

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I would have thought after his impressive albeit very short stint Carrick remained as a key member of the coaching hierarchy. Looks like his name didn't carry enough weight for him to coach the GM club. But in football what's in a name?

HailtotheKing

Didn't put a word wrong in press conference. The guy is so clearly logical and on it, the type of pragmatic calm we need. God im starting to detest this squad
Yeah if he would only match that clear logic on the pitch by not subbing the best performing player and player a system better suited to our players. I was so excited about Rangnick and the high energy pressing football. Thrilled at the idea of him teaching our players how to pass and move and Beijing Donny in from the dark. But none of it has happened. He seems again to be enchanted by McTominay when just today I heard he’s in the bottom 12% for pressers in Europe. I hope the magic spell fades soon cause we have some serious shit to sort out. And not having any creative in the midfield is completely illogical when you also have very little in the 10s as well when Bruno doesn’t play.

Bondi77

Best way to rest Maguire is to play Shaw, Varane and Jones/Lindelof as CBs and we will get a better passing game with Luke there anyway.

The United

Yeah if he would only match that clear logic on the pitch by not subbing the best performing player and player a system better suited to our players. I was so excited about Rangnick and the high energy pressing football. Thrilled at the idea of him teaching our players how to pass and move and Beijing Donny in from the dark. But none of it has happened. He seems again to be enchanted by McTominay when just today I heard he’s in the bottom 12% for pressers in Europe. I hope the magic spell fades soon cause we have some serious shit to sort out. And not having any creative in the midfield is completely illogical when you also have very little in the 10s as well when Bruno doesn’t play.
Yeah. I am a bit surprised that people still fall for smooth talking on press.

I mean everyone can say logical and bs stuff on press. LVG was one. Jose usually spouted shit. Ole just tried to get along with the press.

They don't mean anything related to on-field performances. And went from 'get out if they don't want to play here' to ' I would need another Cavani on top of the one we have' stuff.

Or it was an indication that the club is not backing him as much as he or fans thinks on some stuff?

alexthelion

You mean like scoring? Look, he has been an issue for us this season with some stuff.

But he can demand people around him to play better. That's what leaders do. Keane did it when obviously his capability was not as good as it used to due to aging and injuries. And Neville, Giggs, Ferdinand etc all did it. They could do that because of what they had achieved in football.

If younger players are upset and sulk about being told to be better, we know they won't have the right mentality to become top footballers regardless of Ronaldo or whoever. Those who will keep on developing themselves and shut those senior players out eventually. That's what Ronaldo did back then.

In that sense, he probably is not an issue yet.
He has no right to demand anything off his teammates when he's doing nothing himself. The odd goal here and there (same for Rashford last two seasons) does not excuse his very poor play.

Reputation doesn't matter, why should younger players do what he says when he's not doing it himself?

alexthelion

Ole has clearly left us at an even worse point and lower mood than any who went before him. At least the squad wasn't trying to tear into itself under Jose.
Was it Ole or was it the signing of Ronaldo that has caused this chaos?

Team spirit seems to have been ok for the last two seasons and this before the signing.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Best way to rest Maguire is to play Shaw, Varane and Jones/Lindelof as CBs and we will get a better passing game with Luke there anyway.
Rest Maguire? The guy should be dropped, then sold. Worst captain ever.

The United

He has no right to demand anything off his teammates when he's doing nothing himself. The odd goal here and there (same for Rashford last two seasons) does not excuse his very poor play.

Reputation doesn't matter, why should younger players do what he says when he's not doing it himself?
I was pointing out that younger players should have their attitude right regardless of Ronaldo.

Agree?

alexthelion

I was pointing out that younger players should have their attitude right regardless of Ronaldo.

Agree?
Yes, of course they should.

However, if Ronaldo is allowed to mope about the pitch but criticise the others for doing the same, that's double standards.

hobbers

Was it Ole or was it the signing of Ronaldo that has caused this chaos?

Team spirit seems to have been ok for the last two seasons and this before the signing.
Well both but it's much more on Ole.

He's the reason VdB, Bailly, Martial, Lingard, Henderson, Mata, Slabhead and AWB are here stinking up the place, in terms of attitude and mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.