Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Feck me, you have a massive hard on for Rangnick. The 'cult of the manager' is strong with you.
Not really. You're writing off a manager who is still working his methods into a squad of thinly skinned players, 8 of whom want out of the club through no fault of his own.

But sure blame Rangnick because feck it, its easier.

Teja

I genuinely can't see what his game plan is. There is no difference between this and Ole's reign.
Disagree there, I can see more structure in our play than what we had under Ole.

One obvious change is teams don't / can't play out the back against us anymore. Our positioning / pressing forces GKs to go long by default. This was never the case under Ole and we got killed by multiple teams when we attempted to run that press against goal kicks.

I also think there's much more structure when we try to build play out the back.

These are the two low hanging fruit - almost set piece like situations where simple instructions work fine and we've addressed it.

More dynamic situations are still a work in progress e.g., we have the ball, players high up the pitch, positioned somewhat freely and one of them gives the ball away. We try to counter press but no where near as good as teams like Chelsea, City, Pool etc.

On the other hand attacking play is fairly non existent. We try to create some 1v1 situations for our wide players but they can't really take advantage of them for some reason. Elanga was the only one who showed something when he was 1v1.

I think he needs a lot more time, but I'm confident we're headed in the right direction.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not really. You're writing off a manager who is still working his methods into a squad of thinly skinned players, 8 of whom want out of the club through no fault of his own.

Agreed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Feck me, you have a massive hard on for Rangnick. The 'cult of the manager' is strong with you.
You think if Conte had been appointed that this team would be dominating the game? I'm not judging Rangnick here, but I do think those players are making a lot of unforced errors and losing loads of one on one battles, which has been the norm for a long while. No manager is responsible for that.

PoTMS

He's not the only problem, but he's certainly not the solution. His role is to be an interim to get us through the season with top 4 and he's failing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

are these 8 players the ones playing every week?

the entire squad clearly aren't buying into him

led_scholes

That's not a 4 3 3. It's a 4 5 1 with 2 cms who can't play that role and a striker as a winger. Hate to say it, but better put Matic in.

Witchking

Cannot blame him when the players cannot even pass to each other and do not even make runs and cannot even win 50-50 balls. The team is rotten and it starts from midfield unfortunately. Yet Donny doesn't get a game and for that Ralf is to blame.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's not the only problem, but he's certainly not the solution. His role is to be an interim to get us through the season with top 4 and he's failing.
Keep up the lazy posts, you're doing a good job.

Amir

You can see what we are trying to do by controlling the game and playing incisive passes. But we are just not good enough at retaining the ball, seeing a pass and then making the pass. City are just miles better than us at this.
And even City took a year to get Pep's football right, with a title-winning squad and a pre season. Not the manager coming in mid season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
are these 8 players the ones playing every week?

the entire squad clearly aren't buying into him
So you think 8 players wanting out training with the first team doint have an impact on morale, buying into methods, competition for places and so on?

Nice. Keep up the thought process.

MrBest

At least he wont be perm, this season is definitely a write off, qe just got to hope for Europa League.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rangnick is showing us how shite the players are. He'd weeding them out for next season.

Back the manager you knobs.

sammyhol

Also not true, not sure some in here are aware of the task at hand
spot the difference….

Ole inherits a team that that finished the previous season 2nd, but started the season poorly, and the squad looked patchy with no identity. Immediately went on an unprecedented run of wins.

Ralph inherits a team that that finished the previous season 2nd, but started the season poorly, and the squad looked patchy with no identity. Absolutely no new manager bounce, and getting outplayed and fought against mainly weaker opposition, and relying on our GK being on fire to get any results.

And I am no Ole apologist. He had to go.

but don’t tell me ralph is doing a good job. We are playing some of the worst football I’ve ever seen us play.

SirScholes

He's shit. That's the reason really. Look at the fixtures we've had and we haven't been good in a single one since he came. People really think me the players aren't good enough to produce at least one decent performance??
Correct, the players are shite, lazy and want to start a fresh
There is more structure but what can he do when Fred is passing the ball to their strikers when he’s almost last man, or when instead of playing a quick pass to Bruno in space he turns back to mctom who then plays it back?
when his striker choice is 36 or 37 years old
When the previous manager spent 130 mil on AWB and maguire
When the best player is Pogba, but he hasn’t got the minerals to perform the role

Someone

Something
Doesn't look like they're playing for him. Not much has changed from Ole's time other than playing Alex and Dalot. We're still awful most of the time, and the team has no chemistry.

Let's not forget that relatively we're going through easy fixtures. It's gonna get much tougher soon.

Witchking

Just feck off please
What a stupid post. Expecting a manager who is coming to the league for the first time to correct players when they cannot pass to each other and cannot run. This is not a Sunday league. The manager sets up the tactics. The players implement it on the field. The manager cannot babysit the players and teach them how to kick a football.

Telsim

He is trying something... but the quality and the mentality just isn't there to execute it properly. A lot of the people on the pitch just aren't good enough. Need to clear house.

Redlyn

So far he is more of a professor than anything. Some people are best left in academia than in the field. Not writing him off yet but it's concerning we are still so unbelievably poor after almost 2 months.

hobbers

People should just be thankful Rangnick isnt ever going to be considered for the permanent job, and hopefully this season will at least spell out to the board just how bad shape the squad is in, and how badly we've done in recruiting dross like AWB and Maguire and putting all our hopes on Rashford coming good.

Top four was pretty much off the table the second the board turned down Conte.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just the same people who think the manager is responsible for all our issues
Its hilarious isnt it. They come and moan half time to Brentdord away as though they havent seen big sides struggle there.

Such short term memories, they probably dont remember Tuchels Chelsea having their pants pulled down performance wise at this ground.

SirScholes

spot the difference….

Ole inherits a team that that finished the previous season 2nd, but started the season poorly, and the squad looked patchy with no identity. Immediately went on an unprecedented run of wins.

Ralph inherits a team that that finished the previous season 2nd, but started the season poorly, and the squad looked patchy with no identity. Absolutely no new manager bounce, and getting outplayed and fought against mainly weaker opposition, and relying on our GK being on fire to get any results.

And I am no Ole apologist. He had to go.

but don’t tell me ralph is doing a good job. We are playing some of the worst football I’ve ever seen us play.
The seasons were anything but normal
The circumstances are not similar
He is also not here for longer than the season, he is here to bring a footballing brain to the club

something our midfield doesn’t have.
No fans, no pressure, these players work well
Fans, pressure, expectations, they crumble

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That's literally one of the worst halfs you'll see and he leaves the same XI in the second half. He is happy how they've played then.

Zevvythered

That's literally one of the worst halfs you'll see and he leaves the same XI in the second half. He is happy how they've played then.
You ever played football mate???

Yes it might have been a poor half but it was nil nil, why would we make changes at halftime? give them a doing and guess what we are one nil up:devil::devil:

90 + 5min

Wrong. Players are failing. They failed under lot of previous managers and they are failing now. Stop putting blame on managers.

crossy1686

career ending
Its hilarious isnt it. They come and moan half time to Brentdord away as though they havent seen big sides struggle there.

Such short term memories, they probably dont remember Tuchels Chelsea having their pants pulled down performance wise at this ground.
I honestly don’t get it. It will be the same next year as well whether it’s Poch or Ten Hag, and the line will be we should have got the other one because they’ll be successful wherever they are that isn’t United.

We need to purge the squad to get anywhere.

git_united

Are you drunk?
I promise I'm not. Our midfield hasn't been run over so far and that's a big deal. I'm thinking about this from the point of view of Rangnick's performance in setting us up and giving instructions.

mav_9me

Maybe because people are starting to realise that the manager isn't the sum of all our issues? People thought sacking Ole would mean instant title challenge and now Ralf can't do that people think he's shit and Poch or Ten Hag will do it instead, I've got some news for you folks. Not every manager we hire can be bad, statistically to even be in with a shout for the United job they have to have been good for a while.

We don't need the best manager in the world to win things, yes it helps, but a club with resources like United just needs strong management and good recruitment to win titles. We need a clear out of the toxic players and we need to stop with these daft contracts before we see any improvement or consistency. We're totally rotten and these players will throw any manager under the bus who makes them run, train at night, won't let them go to Dubai when injured, or calls them out on their bullshit.

It doesn't matter what formation you play when you've got a collective of players like that.
Not much to disagree. Agree clearly the players are a big part of it.

But I still expected him to just organize us better. And that might still be a reflection on the players not able to follow Rangnick. But I feel any manager worth his salt should be able to organize us and our defense better.

But that's all short term issues.

Long term we are decked.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Making changes at 2-0 up. Learnt from Villa. That's a good sign.

In theory, sensible changes as well. Shore up the back, keep a threat up top.

Is that the right shore by the way? Or is it sure?

Zen86

People seeing more “structure” in our play :lol:. We’ve been just as open and aimless as we’ve ever been.

The Bloody-Nine

You can't expect a new manager to come in and implement a totally new style of play within a handful of games. Especially when he hasn't added any players of his own. You just can't.

Skills

Snitch
You can't expect a new manager to come in and implement a totally new style of play within a handful of games. Especially when he hasn't added any players of his own. You just can't.
Conte's done it. It's why Spurs will finish in the top 4 ahead of us

Status
Not open for further replies.