Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
before him we were losing 5-0 at home v liverpool & get thrashed by watford Leicester & Man City but ok
News flash most of the time when managers are sacked it's because they've suffered some pretty horrific defeats, doesn't stop the next man coming in and getting a bounce out of the players though

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pretending that our problem is individual errors is fairly fecking bizarre, no idea what people are watching
Pretending that players can adapt to a pressing and possession system with detailed triggers without making mistakes on the way is fairly fecking bizzarre.

Even more bizzare to blame the manager for turbulence in reseting old habits and creating new methods.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Second half was as good as anything we've seen all season, it's starting to come together maybe.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
News flash most of the time when managers are sacked it's because they've suffered some pretty horrific defeats, doesn't stop the next man coming in and getting a bounce out of the players though
Well his Premier League points per game thus far average out to what, 76 points or so. So yeah Id say thats a pretty decent bounce all things considered.

Zoo

His observations are pretty much spot on and it’s refreshing how open he is. The way he immediately settled Ronaldo down was good to see too.

charlenefan

Well his Premier League points per game thus far average out to what, 76 points or so. So yeah Id say thats a pretty decent bounce all things considered.
Feck me, you have a massive hard on for Rangnick. The 'cult of the manager' is strong with you.
Can confirm this statement checks out

UncleBob

Pretending that players can adapt to a pressing and possession system with detailed triggers without making mistakes on the way is fairly fecking bizzarre.

Even more bizzare to blame the manager for turbulence in reseting old habits and creating new methods.
:lol: You've got to be kidding

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
yup one defeat v some of the most embarrassing defeats in our history

you should have probably waited until full time till you started moaning

*newsflash*

BorisManUtd

He's not the problem, I don't think he's long-term solution either but I hope he makes players hate him, for all the right reasons. It's what they need. They had Ole who was full of understanding and with an easy approach, it still collapsed and he was getting humiliated towards the end. No more excuses for these players. Get rid if they're not good enough or don't have the right mentality.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Finally we’re seeing a bit of what ralf wants. That Fred pass for the first goal was quality. Ralf said he wants the passes to go forward as much as possible and we seen that today. We just need to try and get it for 90 mins now consistently. Not getting my hopes up but a win against West Ham puts us in a good position as arsenal and spurs still have each other.

charlenefan

yup one defeat v some of the most embarrassing defeats in our history

you should have probably waited until full time till you started moaning

*newsflash*
why? Because one 2nd half changes everything?

newsflash it doesn't

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can confirm this statement checks out
Yes, I have a hard on from Rangnick for pointing out facts. Good one.

Youve decided youre against him so early, which cracks me up but hey you be you.

RepardReece

His observations are pretty much spot on and it’s refreshing how open he is. The way he immediately settled Ronaldo down was good to see too.
Agree with this. He's clearly a clever manager. Performances in general haven't been good since he came in but personally I think a lot of that is to do with a hangover of OGS, a lot of what we are continuing to do wrong is what we saw with Ole.

Much better second half.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Seeing some positive signs that he is starting to get to know these players better

mu4c_20le

Think he got a bit lucky with some individual brilliance, as that first half was dire. But i'll take it

SirScholes

We were all over the place at the back, as we have been all season. Good goalkeeping and poor finishing is what stopped them from running away in the first half.
Agreed
But individual errors and a lack of confidence is what let them in
Slow process after the shit show that Ole was allowed to run, let it happen

charlenefan

Yes, I have a hard on from Rangnick for pointing out facts. Good one.

Youve decided youre against him so early, which cracks me up but hey you be you.
I'm 'against him' as the first thing he did when he came in and looked at our squad was decide 4222 would be the formation to get the best out of these players. I'm 'against him' because so far he hasn't improved performances at all. I'm 'against him' because he hasn't got a clue what he's doing other than limping from one experiment to another hoping for something that works (4222/4231/433). I'm 'against him' because we've just had one regime who seemingly learned on the job and this so called visionary was meant to come in with a clear philosophy and yet like the previous regime is just learning and reacting on the job (horrific in game management against Villa so the first thing he does at 2-0 today is go for 3 at the back, why didn't that occur to him last game? If it's against his beliefs why do it today? No conviction?)

SER19

Doesn’t know Elanga’s nationality
to be fair he’s a youth player at United since he was 12 and Rangnicks second language is English.

separately, I hope people stay behind him, He’s made big calls we were all demanding and if we get top 4 and a cup he’ll have done very well

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I was saying this at half time when most posters were saying we should sack him. He is trying to play an attacking game, we just dont have the players that city and pool have at controlling the game. City especially are just so good at retaining the ball, seeing a pass and then executing the pass. We are no where near them in terms of technical ability.

But he is trying to change the culture given the two previous managers were counter attacking. It will take time. It took Pep a year at city.

We need two MFs for starters. Maybe a RB although Dalot was extremely good tonight.

A load of players need to be shown the door as well.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
to be fair he’s a youth player at United since he was 12 and Rangnicks second language is English.

separately, I hope people stay behind him, He’s made big calls we were all demanding and if we get top 4 and a cup he’ll have done very well
Yup, and we are seeing a few signs that he is turning things around

Just a bit slower than we had hoped

SER19

I'm 'against him' as the first thing he did when he came in and looked at our squad was decide 4222 would be the formation to get the best out of these players. I'm 'against him' because so far he hasn't improved performances at all. I'm 'against him' because he hasn't got a clue what he's doing other than limping from one experiment to another hoping for something that works (4222/4231/433). I'm 'against him' because we've just had one regime who seemingly learned on the job and this so called visionary was meant to come in with a clear philosophy and yet like the previous regime is just learning and reacting on the job (horrific in game management against Villa so the first thing he does at 2-0 today is go for 3 at the back, why didn't that occur to him last game? If it's against his beliefs why do it today? No conviction?)
you understand that every game is different yes? you’re not a million miles from ‘why didn’t he just win the last match‘ here.

Lewnited

Some real impatience in our fanbase, crazy to see. Still a way to go but we're now looking as organised as we've looked all season, despite that not being a particularly high bar.

Some of these players are being coached to play in a system dissimilar to anything they've experienced up until now, we'll be much better for it in the long run. Certainly, the next manager will have an easier time carrying on Ralf's fairly modernised ideals than Ole or Jose's.

abailey123

The winter break will come at a perfect time for him to get some good on field sessions with the majority of players bar the South Americans.
What I like about Ralf is he identified the 4-2-2-2 wasn’t working and moved to a 4-3-3. It was miles better in the first half on Saturday and 2nd half tonight. It’s baby steps but there’s definitely improvement.
He’s also not afraid of ruffling feathers which I love to see.

SER19

Yup, and we are seeing a few signs that he is turning things around

Just a bit slower than we had hoped
definitely slower , but people really need to remember how poor we were earlier in season. We’ve conceded 6 in 7 league games since he came, albeit against lesser teams, but the 7 games before he arrived we conceded 18. In that time we’ve had lots of defensive injuries too, even resorting to jones. These things can’t be fixed overnight and he’s doing it well but I also hope we can kick on a bit faster now

charlenefan

Some real impatience in our fanbase, crazy to see. Still a way to go but we're now looking as organised as we've looked all season, despite that not being a particularly high bar.

Some of these players are being coached to play in a system dissimilar to anything they've experienced up until now, we'll be much better for it in the long run. Certainly, the next manager will have an easier time carrying on Ralf's fairly modernised ideals than Ole or Jose's.
no we don't, that first half was no different to the Wolves away game in GW3

theres absolutely no organisation or knowledge of where any of our players should be

The United

The winter break will come at a perfect time for him to get some good on field sessions with the majority of players bar the South Americans.
What I like about Ralf is he identified the 4-2-2-2 wasn’t working and moved to a 4-3-3. It was miles better in the first half on Saturday and 2nd half tonight. It’s baby steps but there’s definitely improvement.
He’s also not afraid of ruffling feathers which I love to see.
I welcome the international break. People keep saying how we should train the whole time to get better.

I think RR needs a bit of time himself to fix some stuff since now he had played a few games under him.

Zen86

Agreed
But individual errors and a lack of confidence is what let them in
Slow process after the shit show that Ole was allowed to run, let it happen
Poor organisation and a team that doesn’t seem to know what it’s doing half the time is what let them in. It’s on the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.