Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sviken

Hopefully that's not true. I'd have been fine if Poch took over now, but wasting a season with an interim just so we could go for him rather than the most exciting prospect in the world at the moment that is Ten Hag would be incredibly disappointing.

Godfather

Hopefully that's not true. I'd have been fine if Poch took over now, but wasting a season with an interim just so we could go for him rather than the most exciting prospect in the world at the moment that is Ten Hag would be incredibly disappointing.
Not sure I get your point. Ten Hag's not even mentioned there? He was never an option to take over mid season

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Still very happy with this. Even if we get Poch later, I'm hoping that means Rangnick thinks he's suitable. I trust his opinion over any other decision maker.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still very happy with this. Even if we get Poch later, I'm hoping that means Rangnick thinks he's suitable. I trust his opinion over any other decision maker.
Ogden is saying that Poch was the #1 choice before Rangnick's arrival and Rangnick will now have a leading role in who is selected.

ryansgirl

Best news I've heard from United for a long time. I knew that Rangnick was very influential on the style of Klopp and others, and he is a footballing 'intellectual' in his focus on mentality and strategic awareness. This is what United needs - somebody from outside who will promote the best interests of United on the pitch regardless of fear or favour.
Regarding the negativity from some about Ronaldo - there is nothing wrong with his attitude. This man has always wanted to win and his life has never revolved around money over being the best. I think he will really settle back in with this change.

Sviken

The article doesn't say we won't though. Poch was nr1 target now Ralf will have a look a it if Odgen is believed.
This is why I said "hopefully". Plus, the article doesn't say we won't, just that apparently Poch is the front runner which is not what I want. But that doesn't mean Ten Hag isn't under consideration anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My point is that we need to go for Ten Hag over the summer, not Poch.
To be honest if Ralph is leading the pursuit on who is best and still goes for Poch, I'm not sure what extra credibility anyone on the forum would have to point to Ten Hag's credentials over Poch.

Not saying that will happen, but it sounds like whoever comes will have the rubber stamp of approval by Rangnick, so it's most likely the right one regardless of whom it will be.

Ixion

I wish we didnt have the Chelsea game first and he could just take over and start coaching without following that inevitable defeat.

Memento28

@1988, the video which you shared of Ragnick gets me excited, the training will be far better and he won't go easy on lazy players like Martial and others. (I can't quote or reply to your post because I can't add media in my posts yet)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All the talk of Pochettino was purely media driven. Most of them haven't a scooby doo of what's actually going on.

Nobody linked Rudi Garcia to the job until Mitten spoke about it, even he didn;t know about Rangnick.

Do we like Poch as a manager? sure. We probably asked the question and PSG said no chance, so we moved on with a different plan.

I hope this appointment gives us some breathing room, Ten Hag continues to impress and then we take the logical step of going for him in the summer.

I never would have thought we'd go for Rangnick, it just made too much sense. It seems maybe the club have finally got the memo.

passtheball

I am glad.

It just serves to highlight the stark contrast between each manager. Lighten up.
Yes, the contrast between Rangnick and Ole should be highlighted at every opportunity. Never again should our club succumb to the incompetence, nepotism and "desire & passion" tactics of the Ole era.

Ixion

I think the club still intends of getting Pochetinno at the end of the season but who knows, maybe PSG go out at the 1st knock-out stage and Ajax go on to win the CL and suddenly thoughts change. It's a smart appointment as we've bought ourselves some time to think while addressing the massive coaching problem

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Because he's a player who doesn't play and is literally collecting money for doing nothing, whatever the circumstances that led to that.
You do realise he’s not playing because he’s working his way back to fitness after an 18 month career threatening injury? Or do you believe that injured players shouldn’t be paid? I can’t believe that people are still thinking this way

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think the club still intends of getting Pochetinno at the end of the season but who knows, maybe PSG go out at the 1st knock-out stage and Ajax go on to win the CL and suddenly thoughts change. It's a smart appointment as we've bought ourselves some time to think while addressing the massive coaching problem
Rangnick will have a say in that question and he likes to promote talented young managers (as proven by his whole RB setup but also by giving for example Tuchel his first coaching job).

I believe the chances for proven big names like Poch decreased and the chance of gettin someone his first role at a big club increased.

Poch is still possible of course, just not as likely as before Rangnick's signing I think.

Winrar

This really came out of left field, in a good way.

I'm just gonna go ahead with my assumption that we were starting to look for new solutions to our mess since the Liverpool defeat.

Bertie Wooster

Happy enough with the (expected) appointment.

An interim manager is far from ideal but, having gone down that route, I think this is as good an appointment as we could make.

Rangnick to the summer and then, hopefully, he'll stay as a much needed knowledgeable football man in some capacity while we target the likes of Pochettino or Ten Hag.

I can't shake the suspicion that, depending on results, Rangnick as the permanent manager is a real possibility. But I guess that's a 'good' problem to worry about as it should mean results have gone well under him.

Ideally, it would be a permanent appointment that I'm excited about rather than a short term fix with the bigger decision still to deal with. But I'm happy to grab at any positive news there is in recent years and this seems as good an interim appointment as possible - and leaves the options open for a decent long term appointment at the end of the season.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't blame you for being wary of the power afforded to Rangnick with the way our club has been ran the past few years. But I'd rather be optimistic, this is at the very least a step in the right direction, let's see if we can reach the goal.
I'm not worried. This is the man i knew woudl do the job. And Arnold wont ok him if he doesnt trust him to pull the trigger metaphorically speaking. So nothing to wary about.

I would wary if someone like Ole or Fletcher given this role

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do here. I still feel burned by LVG and Jose coming into the job with massive expectations that they did not live up to in any way. Those bad experiences mean I'll wait to see what this guy can do before getting excited.

I find it impossible to believe that he'll be able to get Pogba and Martial pressing for 90 minutes every week. I hope the board are more confident than I am!
Rangnick would be afforded the wool cotton and the patience, he has that luxury of coming after 10 years of failed experiment so that people know not to take things for granted.

Green Arrow

I agree with him being the right man but this Would be an odd arrangement unless the candidate for permanent manager after him was in the mind To continue on the training method and philosophy he is introducing. At RB they had Naglesmann waiting in the wings...very much a disciple.

Poch has a different style and approach I would say and how would Rangnick handle that transition especially if his own brand of football is showing signs of bearing fruit and the fans want more?

is Tan Hag a better fit? I don’t know tbh.Does anyone think Hasenhuthal might be under consideration in a complete and utter Octoberfest Currywurst und pomme fritte makeover???
You are right about RB they had Naglesmann so he could carry on with what Rangnick had started.

Me personally even if the style of play that he will impose this season was bearing fruit I would still want him at the end of the season to move into that consultancy role. I think he will do much more there with his view of football and get the restructure going that we really need.

I don't know if Ten Hag is a better or not but I would like to think he is if we are laying the groundwork to play that kind of football. As for Hasenhuthal you never know we might do the pomme fritte makeover!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's a lot easier to buy under the radar at RB Leipzig than at Manchester United.

Interest from United is its own endorsement. And that endorsement is its own reason for a price hike.

It's like trying to buy something from a middle eastern market as a westerner. It's one price for the regular locals and a completely different price rich foreigners after they see you coming.
I don't quite agree with this. We have still bought players such as Pellestri, James, Amad etc who aren't huge signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.