Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This. But we already have a ‘Sack watch’ thread for him and the mods haven’t even shut it down so I expect more of the same when we have a bad result.
I think it's pathetic even if it's made in jest. Why can't we just rally around a new manager for once without having to give the idiots a platform to spout their nonsense. There always seems to be this divide on the forum and threads like that only serve to encourage it.

Real Name

I think it's pathetic even if it's made in jest. Why can't we just rally around a new manager for once without having to give the idiots a platform to spout their nonsense. There always seems to be this divide on the forum and threads like that only serve to encourage it.
:lol:

paulscholes18

:lol:

alexthelion

Don't think he is the kind to accept mediocre staff in his team. He will speak out and get them moved on. Also any manager who comes in will also bring his own team. Doubt most of the current staff members stay on.
Let's hope so.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
All the foreign players/managers that we agreed to sign seem to always have problems with visa. Can't we just transfer him through blockchain? the club is dying and Carrick has been so nervous that his lips turned white, will somebody think of him poor man.

Devil may care

Glad we've finally announced him but wish there was more clarity on if he was taking the Arsenal game, we need to win that and all the current coaches have demonstrated is they can park the bus to prevent us hemorrhaging goals, we still look terrible as an attacking side. As for them staying on, I'm not sure keeping coaches who were part of back to back failures with Jose and Ole makes sense, the idea a guy with Rangnick's experience and wealth of connections couldn't put together a few experienced coaches for 6 months and ditch these frauds is bizarre.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Excellent news, exactly what we needed after Ole, a coach with a crystal clear, modern, tactical plan. It might be a shock to the players initially, but when they start seeing the results, they will start to enjoy it.

minoo-utd

I don't get why everyone is getting upset?

Rangnick is not here for a long term deal, he is here for 6 months, he wasn't a manager in his previous post.

He doesn't have an abundance of coaches that can follow him, they are all probably in job, which they wont quit for a 6 month role.

Also, Carrick and the like might benefit from Rangnick, the club are giving them the opportunity to learn from the best.
Learn and do what? Coach us in the future and dream on continue to find a one United way coach for 20 years! No thank you very much. They don’t deserve to be here same as Ole , enough what we saw from them. Fail.

SirSean

But isn't that in particular the whole reason for being on a forum where debate within common interests goes on? There wouldn't be much to debate if there wasn't a divide.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This. But we already have a ‘Sack watch’ thread for him and the mods haven’t even shut it down so I expect more of the same when we have a bad result.
What does wanting to watch his ball bag have to do with results or performances?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
For the record, I wasn't being overly serious. It just feels like a flashback to the LVG days where everyone praised him for similar things and possible red flags were being ignored. The Spanish players comparison was an attempt at a half-joke based on that Spain won everything for a long time period and we were late to the party with signing Spanish NT players and now could find us late to the party to when it comes to hiring German coaches, since the best ones already are a major success at our rivals or taken at other top clubs. I have to admit that I barely know anything about that guy other than the he is suppose to be the father of the gegenpressing and that he did well to build a culture/structure at up and coming clubs but that his manager credentials is a bit average. Good to hear that he is known for being a good man manager.
Fair enough. I'm not expecting him to coach us to the CL final. I do expect him to completely rip up what the players have been told for the last few years and get them on board with a progressive modern vision, some will fall by the wayside, and others will really develop. I also expect him to mitigate the absolute disaster that is the club hierarchy by holding their hands and showing them what to do, when, and why. And it's interesting that it's mentioned that he'll have influence over contracts at the club that are due to expire next summer as that speaks to a long-term vision. That he will be part of appointing a new manager is a huge deal, and I take it absolutely on face value because he does in no way seem the type to go along with things if there's no substance to it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No offence but I think it may be you who's surprised.

Look at the amount of fixtures coming up in the coming weeks. Rangnick is not accustomed to coaching sides playing three times a week and will never have experienced anything like the winter period in England. The time on the training ground is going to be very limited through December and most of the focus will be on recovery.
I remember Pochettino taking over at Southampton and pretty much instantly turning them into a decent pressing side. Sure, it'll be a bit until his coaching has an effect from a tactical point of view, but we already have a world class squad. It doesn't need a lot to improve on the performances and results over the past month. Even just getting back to what we were before this season. Some belief and basic coaching and the players not thinking the manager is incompetent should be enough for that initial jump. Quite a good run of fixtures for Rangnick to have as well, so I think it'll help ease him in. The intricacies and smaller details will take a while, but we should see a pretty quick jump by the Norwich game I'd imagine.

RUCK4444

Exactly. I mean what possible reason would you have for making a negative thread before the guy has even landed in Manchester.

To be funny? Except it’s not. All it does is open the door for and encourage negative shite from the very moment he takes over.

This creates a divide from the start resulting in people overtly backing their argument and entrenching themselves on one side or the other from the off.

crossy1686

career ending
All the foreign players/managers that we agreed to sign seem to always have problems with visa. Can't we just transfer him through blockchain? the club is dying and Carrick has been so nervous that his lips turned white, will somebody think of him poor man.
Brexit put a stop to free travel without Europe for work. Everyone who's not British needs a visa now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Intriguing appointment. Eight years of failure have me very cautious in terms of expecting success. But the least we should hope for in these six months is surely the establishment of an identifiable approach to attacking and defending as a team, development of youth, and good football.

Sviken

Rene? Who’s regressed so badly he’s now in Australia?

I wonder if there’s a pattern here?
There's really no pattern. SAF is SAF. His coaches were never successful outside of their set-up because they were not the ones "coaching" the team, they just did what SAF told them. Problem with the Ole and Carrick/McKenna operation is that neither the manager or his coaches have any idea what to do. Ole, by his own admission, had little to do with the training and McCarrick have very little idea of how to train a team successfully. Rangnick is more hands on approach, but until Carrick and McKenna are out of this club, I won't be satisfied. At this point it feels like they're spooky ghosts haunting the hallways of Old Trafford as part of a wide curse that has enveloped the club. Must feel pretty demotivating for the players, too.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not usually one to say dissenting opinions should be shut down but it seems to me that thread was started (and is being enjoyed) by children (or adults with the maturity of children).

Of all the intriguing things we can discuss on him, some joker decided having a sack thread is top priority. feck that.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Exactly. I mean what possible reason would you have for making a negative thread before the guy has even landed in Manchester.

To be funny? Except it’s not. All it does is open the door for and encourage negative shite from the very moment he takes over.

This creates a divide from the start resulting in people overtly backing their argument and entrenching themselves on one side or the other from the off.
Agreed. I think it's funny people call this insignificant because I honestly feel it shapes opinions before a ball is even kicked and how can that help the team and manager who we all want to succeed. I'm all for free speech but there has to be common sense applied and the mods shouldn't really let stuff like that go. I think it's a case of quality control which they exercise all the time with shit posters and rightly so.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He will be so mad when he learns our squad's taste in music. Everyone will ne forced to listen to heavy metal.

Real Name

Glad we've finally announced him but wish there was more clarity on if he was taking the Arsenal game, we need to win that and all the current coaches have demonstrated is they can park the bus to prevent us hemorrhaging goals, we still look terrible as an attacking side. As for them staying on, I'm not sure keeping coaches who were part of back to back failures with Jose and Ole makes sense, the idea a guy with Rangnick's experience and wealth of connections couldn't put together a few experienced coaches for 6 months and ditch these frauds is bizarre.
Its not a bad so RR can put together some experienced coaches and they go on a tour.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Not usually one to say dissenting opinions should be shut down but it seems to me that thread was started (and is being enjoyed) by children (or adults with the maturity of children).

Of all the intriguing things we can discuss on him, some joker decided having a sack thread is top priority. feck that.
Imagine how sad you have to be to make that thread the moment a new manager is announced. Especially after a period of bad results and endless questions over managers, players and the future of the club we are presented with a fresh start full of opportunity and yet there are people who only want to revel in potential negatives. It really is a damn shame we have so many idiot posters on this forum to be honest.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I read that it was agreed that Ralf will assess these guys once he arrives, hopefully, he’ll assess that they’re not up to the task.
Well no hopefully he will assess that they are very talented young coaches which is what’s best for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.