Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClosetDevil

A comparison with the stats of 2018/19 Leipzig with this year's Manchester United...

He will not be able to totally transform your team that fast - but improving the numbers would already be great!
Good lord.

NewYorkRed

Going to the Brighton game, and I’m so pumped for it ! I know thats too soon to expect a huge improvement, but I hope he will have us playing a better brand of football by then. Can’t wait !

Reactions: Cheimoon

sparx99

We are big but we aren't successful. We have a potentially tricky board to work with. The pros and cons between Moscow and Manchester aren't that clear. If we were really attractive as a team Guardiola or Klopp would have accepted our offers. We need to stop this Liverpool in the 90s mindset and see the club for what it actually is.
For Rangnick though it’s a great chance to restore a fallen giant and unequivocally prove his football ideas. Doing it at Hoffenheim and Schalke and Red Bull to varying degrees is one thing but to be the guy who restored Utd would absolutely secure a legacy.

I don’t know if he has much of an ego (most managers have to). But it’s got to be appealing to some hasn’t it? Loads of talented players, one of the all time great players, massive resources and the challenge of Klopp, Tuchel, Guardiola and possible Newcastle.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What I'm quite interested in is how the fans will react over the course of time..

Rangnick seems more like a builder for something rather than necessarily a winner for something.

Sure we all know that - but what happens if we lose matches our fans just don't expect or won't accept?

Are they going to be happy 4 months from now that we go on a losing streak even if we have the players running around more than before?

It should be interesting to watch considering how many people were happy with this in the first place.

MoskvaRed

Very excited to have a grown up manager again and an outsider who can cast a critical eye on everything. He may be more of an ideas man than a pure winner (shades of Bielsa) but at least there will be no “der United Weg” crap.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Very excited to have a grown up manager again and an outsider who can cast a critical eye on everything. He may be more of an ideas man than a pure winner (shades of Bielsa) but at least there will be no “der United Weg” crap.
Let's say it this way: every time he was given the task to win a league he delivered, and usually in style. It simply is a fact that this was always the second or even third division so far, but it isn't like he never steamrolled a league.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wonder if he’ll get any money in the winter window?
I doubt he'll have carte blanche but if a target is gettable the club will go for it. The club needs to adopt a transfer approach independent of managers. Clubs like Chelsea can sack managers as they please without the squad falling into disrepair and we need to be able to do the same.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Wonder if we'll get an MUTV interview soon? Really want to hear him speak.

MoskvaRed

Let's say it this way: every time he was given the task to win a league he delivered, and usually in style. It simply is a fact that this was always the second or even third division so far, but it isn't like he never steamrolled a league.
But major honours - it’s one German cup (Pokal) as far as I can see? Not a criticism per se, especially at United where we need a full reset rather than a short-term fix, more an observation that he seems to be hugely influential without having won much (like Bielsa).

captaincantona

A comparison with the stats of 2018/19 Leipzig with this year's Manchester United...

He will not be able to totally transform your team that fast - but improving the numbers would already be great!
It’s so awful...when you see it laid out like that...and all Related to such a basic element of the game...work ethic and tFitness is easily attainable for any team... it is made even more ironic by the fact that this was the starting point for any Ferguson team.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
But major honours - it’s one German cup (Pokal) as far as I can see? Not a criticism per se, especially at United where we need a full reset rather than a short-term fix, more an observation that he seems to be hugely influential without having won much (like Bielsa).
True, just wanted to make a point that he can coach teams to go on a winning run in a league (like needed to reach top 4 this season).

captaincantona

Not now he won't according to their official twitter. Don't want to sound negative but not ideal he won't have his trusted no 2 alongside him.
What will really piss you off is when it comes out that Utd insisted on Carrick working under him as part of the deal!!!!:lol:

Are Utd gonna do a Utd again!?

hescoresgoals1899

That is a sad indictment of how awful we have been of late. This points the finger squarely toward the coaching team. How could the club have been planning to give them new contracts with such damning performance indicators. No accountability at the club as the coaches responsible for this are keeping their job. The board keeps making shockingly bad decisions and picking up their paycheck unchallenged. How can the club owner stand for this, surely the fans will be less engaged with the brand without footballing success and sponsors will ultimately dry up at this rate.

Ixion

Yeah yeah you can talk about crappy defensive stats but it's all about the United way, desire, overcoming Mourinho leaving us in the Championship etc.

Newtonius

It’s so awful...when you see it laid out like that...and all Related to such a basic element of the game...work ethic and tFitness is easily attainable for any team... it is made even more ironic by the fact that this was the starting point for any Ferguson team.
Hey when Ole talked of progress he never specified in which direction. Will be so exciting to actually have a coach that knows what they are doing should be able to see the difference pretty quickly, at least after the winter period.

Last edited:

stu_1992

Only catching up on the big news of the day now. I'm very intrigued by this appointment, although I'd be lying if I said I knew him well. Just basically what I have learned on here. But what is interesting for me is that, its not an obvious name. Or a lazy former player appointment. There's some evidence of some football minds at work here, because if I don't know this guy, the Glazers or Woodward are certainly not bringing this guy up in conversation. Certainly the football he seems to play would be appealing, so let's hope he can have the desired impact. He has my full support in doing so, it's not going to be be easy.

Teja

He won't be coming, so I wonder who is...
Feel like we're being too nice to Lokomotiv. They spent a load of cash in the summer and bought in staff Ragnick recommended so he probably doesn't want to leave them hanging but why not send one of his other aieds instead of his #2?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Feel like we're being too nice to Lokomotiv. They spent a load of cash in the summer and bought in staff Ragnick recommended so he probably doesn't want to leave them hanging but why not send one of his other aieds instead of his #2?
Maybe Moscow demanded him to stay to allow Rangnick to leave? So no money involved in those moves, but this shuffle.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Worth considering that he'd leave his position at Moscow for 6 months here, and while Rangnick stays on afterwards, he as a coach might not.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Kornetka isn't that important, they worked together for only 2 years, he isn't a crucial cog in the machinery.

GMoore23

I hope he gives Greenwood and Rashford the kick up the arse they're in need of. Their work rate is absolutely abysmal for fit young players.

Teja

Kornetka isn't that important, they worked together for only 2 years, he isn't a crucial cog in the machinery.
Ah interesting, I didn't know that. Media coverage made it seem like they worked together forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.