Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any chance he makes it to the arsenal game?

While I'm appreciative of the solid job Carrick has done these last 2 games I don't think I can take the tumescent play style anymore its just becoming to depressing for me

RedDevilRoshi

Not now he won't according to their official twitter. Don't want to sound negative but not ideal he won't have his trusted no 2 alongside him.
Yeah it’s disappointing but then again, I’m sure RR will have a huge network of coaches that he knows & trusts that he could bring in now.

Plus I’m sure RR would have known about this appointment before we found out about it especially with it being the club he has departed are the ones that are hiring his assistant.

Teja

Just the one member of staff? Does that mean Phelan will be earning a living for a change?
I would really love to know what he actually does beyond "providing continuity".

Atleast for Carrick / McKenna we know they set up the training sessions, tactics, opposition reports etc.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One member and its not even going to be his trusted no.2, whilst Woodward pushes the Carrick & McKenna combo on him. We never f*cking learn :lol:
What makes you think that he wants to bring more people immediately when it's going to be a pain to deal with it later when the club appoints a permanent head coach, that pain will be on him and Murtough too? Also nothing says that Kornetka wanted to follow Rangnick first because they haven't worked together for a lengthy period of time and my understanding is that he basically got a promotion at Lokomotiv.

Real Name

One member and its not even going to be his trusted no.2, whilst Woodward pushes the Carrick & McKenna combo on him. We never f*cking learn :lol:
Ragnick obviously agreed to it and will see how it will work out. Nothing was pushed on him.
It's not up to United if his number 2 is coming or not..

USREDEVIL

It’s so awful...when you see it laid out like that...and all Related to such a basic element of the game...work ethic and tFitness is easily attainable for any team... it is made even more ironic by the fact that this was the starting point for any Ferguson team.
If i was Wreck it Ralf, i'd blow that damn chart up and put it in the locker room to remind them of what state they are in and why.

Then, hopefully, in a few months i'd put new chart up with much better numbers.

ChaddyP

It’s so awful...when you see it laid out like that...and all Related to such a basic element of the game...work ethic and tFitness is easily attainable for any team... it is made even more ironic by the fact that this was the starting point for any Ferguson team.
I would be interested to know what our stats where like in 2019. We actually used to press a lot under ole. Last couple months it was none existent

devips

Don't be an idiot.if Woodward can push his coaches on to Rangnik, he has no business to be United Manager.

JPRouve

Scout
I would really love to know what he actually does beyond "providing continuity".

Atleast for Carrick / McKenna we know they set up the training sessions, tactics, opposition reports etc.
Under SAF he was supposed to take care of the administrative side of being a manager, training and meeting schedules, communication between staff, on matchday taking care of the pregame administrative stuffs(teamsheets to referees, registrations, etc)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My take is that Carrick simply knew Rangnick was coming in and so he attempted to get the ball rolling by implementing something akin to a structured high press so that there'd at least be some familiarity with it going into the hectic December period.

Not sure about 4-3-3 and a high press vs. Chelsea's 3-4-3, though. Our three forwards did fair enough pressing their three CB's, but their wingbacks were almost always wide open because AWB and Telles couldn't necessarily push right up everytime when we're only playing with 2 CB's.

If Rangnick is in charge for Arsenal and they play with their usual 3 CB system I expect him to match them man-for-man system wise.
in that formation it’s up to the wide midfielders to push our be meet the wingbacks.

Fred and mctominay should have been covering more often - that’ll come down to the teams instructions though, perhaps we chose to let them cross and deal with it with more men in the box (we managed ok)

Last edited:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

If only we had a 2 week international break in which we could have got this all sorted

Teja

Under SAF he was supposed to take care of the administrative side of being a manager, training and meeting schedules, communication between staff, on matchday taking care of the pregame administrative stuffs(teamsheets to referees, registrations, etc)
That still feels a bit like a secretary (or let's say program manager / admin partner to be fancy) than an actual football coach but who knows, maybe there's more to it :confused:

Can't you get someone for 50-70k / yr to do that?

JPRouve

Scout
That still feels a bit like a secretary (or let's say program manager / admin partner to be fancy) than an actual football coach but who knows, maybe there's more to it :confused:

Can't you get someone for 50-70k / yr to do that?
He is assistant manager not coach or first team coach and yes to some extent it's a bit like a secretary with the added perk that he knows a thing or two about Football. And I have no idea about how much he earns, staff members aren't on contracts that are that expensive, you are not talking about millions per year.

Goku1983

Really happy finally we will see good football again it will take time ut hopefully by mid december-early Jan we will see it. Also which members of staff is he bringing in ?

pascell

What makes you think that he wants to bring more people immediately when it's going to be a pain to deal with it later when the club appoints a permanent head coach, that pain will be on him and Murtough too? Also nothing says that Kornetka wanted to follow Rangnick first because they haven't worked together for a lengthy period of time and my understanding is that he basically got a promotion at Lokomotiv.
He's got to make an immediate impact to turn our season around. He's not going to be able to do that whilst 'evaluating' the credentials of Carrick and McKenna like its been reported.

Only bringing one member of staff isn't going to suffice, there's too many holes in this team to sort out.

I'm sorry but if he's chosen Lokomotiv Moscow over United then that shows there's something wrong here.

Ragnick obviously agreed to it and will see how it will work out. Nothing was pushed on him.
It's not up to United if his number 2 is coming or not..
As I said above, it his no.2 is choosing to stay with Lokomotiv, there's something wrong.

It was also at the fact he's only being afforded one member of staff, whilst having to tell Woodward if his investment in Carrick and McKenna new contract was a good decision or not.

Don't be an idiot.if Woodward can push his coaches on to Rangnik, he has no business to be United Manager.
Don't be an idiot, Woodward can and he has pushed coaches on to Rangnick (he also did this with LvG, Jose and Ole), otherwise they'd have left the club with Ole. They're sticking around to save face at the fact they've been given shiny new contracts just a month ago.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He's got to make an immediate impact to turn our season around. He's not going to be able to do that whilst 'evaluating' the credentials of Carrick and McKenna like its been reported.

Only bringing one member of staff isn't going to suffice, there's too many holes in this team to sort out.

I'm sorry but if he's chosen Lokomotiv Moscow over United then that shows there's something wrong here.

As I said above, it his no.2 is choosing to stay with Lokomotiv, there's something wrong.

It was also at the fact he's only being afforded one member of staff, whilst having to tell Woodward if his investment in Carrick and McKenna new contract was a good decision or not.

Don't be an idiot, Woodward can and he has pushed coaches on to Rangnick (he also did this with LvG, Jose and Ole), otherwise they'd have left the club with Ole. They're sticking around to save face at the fact they've been given shiny new contracts just a month ago.
7/10 meltdown, I like it

atkar83

You may as well make up news yourself.
Why do you say that about Luckhurst? During covid he was one of the few handful of journos that travelled with the team during the season. I listed to the MEN podcast and I've never gotten the feeling he's making anything up, and he hasn't really gotten anything wrong (again, from the podcast, I don't read MEN because I'm in Canada). Has he ever gotten something completely wrong to the point you can say he made it up? Because sometimes deals fall through and editors get let info, but I don't see him making stories up for hits.

JPRouve

Scout
Completely wrong. Luckhurst has been very reliable for a long time now.
Luckhurst isn't reliable, let alone very reliable. Just last week in case people forgot:

Status
Not open for further replies.