Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

The other option is the manager adapts to having one of the best strikers in the world, and sets up a system with him that works. I'm sure it's possible.
It will, he will be higher up on the pitch and instead of jogging to the half way line like he does right now, he just has to chase the ball playing defender or cut off the passing lanes. If we had 2 or 3 non pressing attackers it would be a problem but with the youthfulness of Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and even the running of Lingard will take some responsibility away from Ronaldo. It's an exaggeration that 'you can't press' with Ronaldo, if that was true Pep wouldn't have tried to sign him. I think that there'd be more of a problem with his link up play when he has the ball than a problem off the ball.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Fantastic news. Now Get rid of the British-connection "mates" structure of the club - Fletcher, Arnold, Murtough, Woodward, Carrick, McKenna, the lot! It's clear as day Fergie's influence has hindered us, he needs he power taken away too! ...Out with the whole 'DNA' history shite and lets rebuild a modern diverse structure which in turn will equal positive results elsewhere.

HailtotheKing

Does Poch though? I haven't seen that high press in this PSG team at all. Might be down to those lazy fecks up front but still. Think Ten Hag would fit very well.
How can you adopt a high press when the 3 players furthest forward aren’t pressing? Poch could never play his style of football at PSG. That’s why he wants to leave.

el3mel

The decision making from the club has been getting and better for a few years now.

I think some fans need to update their material. Still judging the club on what was happening five years ago.
The club gave Ole 3 years contract last summer after EL final loss. That was an ultimate stupid decision.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So are some of you still annoyed we missed out on Conte? I'm calmer now
Depends on who the permanent manager is. Ragnarok isn't the top manager who will take us back to the top. He may have a positive impact on the football club though.

miked99

I'm excited by this, but it will be hard to implement a pressing style partway through a season. You have to train for it pre-season.

If you remember, Ole did the same when he started and it initially worked well until around the midway point of the second half when the players ran out of steam. But then we started getting hamstring injuries left right and centre, culminating in the infamous four first-half injuries against Liverpool, Then he abandoned the tactic and never revisited it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
We can actually fecking look forward to games. Will take a while to sink in and mend. Like PTSD

nodlocnost2

Great acquisition by the club, the cynical side of me thinks they only got him because Rangnick's at the wheel doesn't sound quite right and they wanted to shut down those chants a.s.a.p.

Godfather

Hey look,

I like the appointment, but looking at his history - what has the guy actually won? Great playing attractive high pressure football but if he's not won anything then do his tactics actually work?
As a manager:
  • with SSV Ulm
WFV Cup winner 1997​
Promotion to the 2nd Bundesliga 1998​
  • with Hannover 96:
Promotion to the 1st Bundesliga 2002​
  • with FC Schalke 04:
DFL League Cup winner 2005​
UEFA Champions League semi-finalist in 2011​
DFB Cup winner 2011​
DFL Super Cup winner 2011​
  • with TSG Hoffenheim:
Promotion to the 2nd Bundesliga 2007​
Promotion to the 1st Bundesliga 2008​
Autumn championship 2008​
  • with RB Leipzig:
Promotion to the 1st Bundesliga 2016​

As a DOF:
  • with RB Leipzig:
Promotion to the 3rd division 2013​
Promotion to the 2nd Bundesliga 2014​
Promotion to the 1st Bundesliga 2016​
  • with Red Bull Salzburg:
Austrian champion 2014, 2015​
Austrian Cup Winner 2014, 2015​

Marcelinho87

Fantastic news. Now Get rid of the British-connection "mates" structure of the club - Fletcher, Arnold, Murtough, Woodward, Carrick, McKenna, the lot! It's clear as day Fergie's influence has hindered us, he needs he power taken away too! ...Out with the whole 'DNA' history shite and lets rebuild a modern diverse structure which in turn will equal positive results elsewhere.
This is Murtough at play apparently now that he has some weight behind him.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Wow, didn't expect this to be honest.

A little background from a german perspective:
  • Rangnick was coach of arguably the best Schalke 04 team ever
  • Rangnick managed and built Hoffenheim from 3rd division to a 'Herbstmeisterschaft' (no. 1 in table during winter break)
  • Rangnick managed and built Leipzig from lower divisions to what they are today
Of course he was backed up with a load of money in Hoffenheim and Leipzig (well, at least for german standards, not for you guys ;)) but he completely built the identiy of these clubs and established a style of play from the youth teams all the way up to the first team, built the scouting of players and also youth coaches around this style, etc. etc.

He and Hoffenheim were basically the predecessor of Klopps Dortmund side.

He isn't the biggest motivator and according to reports not always the most easy going guy, so i don't know where i would put him compared to Klopp, Tuchel, Flick or Nagelsmann, but there is no doubt that Rangnick is one of the biggest "football brains" in germany.

I didn't expect this at all and I'm really, really curious how this will work out. To be honest I would be surprised to see him and Ronaldo get along because Rangnicks style relies on everyone following the tactics and fast (Gegen-)pressing.
Do you think Ronaldo will follow these guidelines?

I know that for you he is obviously no big name but I can tell you that he is heavily respected in germany and many wonder, why he didn't have an even bigger career. Maybe he is comparable to Bielsa in that aspect.

Anyways if you trust Rangnick enough to let him reshape your whole club, i think you will be very, very happy in a few years.
Interesting background, thanks.

Water Melon

Look at this man. He knows his business. We will look lime a new team in the New Year. It is not all about who wants it more, desire and passion. Tactics are not overrated. It is about both brainwork and footwork being in sync.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Your tagline is fitting :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
DDG - heck, our entire central midfield is fecked - Fred, McT and Matic
I keep seeing this

Does this mean Ragnick has never coached players of similar ability to McT and AWB? Of course he has and far worse

Its fantastic news for these players as he might be able to improve them

mav_9me

Wow, didn't expect this to be honest.

A little background from a german perspective:
  • Rangnick was coach of arguably the best Schalke 04 team ever
  • Rangnick managed and built Hoffenheim from 3rd division to a 'Herbstmeisterschaft' (no. 1 in table during winter break)
  • Rangnick managed and built Leipzig from lower divisions to what they are today
Of course he was backed up with a load of money in Hoffenheim and Leipzig (well, at least for german standards, not for you guys ;)) but he completely built the identiy of these clubs and established a style of play from the youth teams all the way up to the first team, built the scouting of players and also youth coaches around this style, etc. etc.

He and Hoffenheim were basically the predecessor of Klopps Dortmund side.

He isn't the biggest motivator and according to reports not always the most easy going guy, so i don't know where i would put him compared to Klopp, Tuchel, Flick or Nagelsmann, but there is no doubt that Rangnick is one of the biggest "football brains" in germany.

I didn't expect this at all and I'm really, really curious how this will work out. To be honest I would be surprised to see him and Ronaldo get along because Rangnicks style relies on everyone following the tactics and fast (Gegen-)pressing.
Do you think Ronaldo will follow these guidelines?

I know that for you he is obviously no big name but I can tell you that he is heavily respected in germany and many wonder, why he didn't have an even bigger career. Maybe he is comparable to Bielsa in that aspect.

Anyways if you trust Rangnick enough to let him reshape your whole club, i think you will be very, very happy in a few years.
That's the concern. Now you might say why would we get him if we don't intend to implement his ideas. The way I see it is like someone hires a trainer to get in shape physically but it's harder to listen to the trainer and do the work they say to get in shape. Doesn't always work.

We shall see. Although I am excited to get someone who is a coach.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Interested to see his (potential) impact on Carrick, McKenna etc.
Same here. Especially on McKenna who's kind of in the Rangnick mould where he is supposed to be a great footballing mind but with limited interpersonal skills. Would be interesting to see if he can learn from Rangnick's experiences.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He sounds like a master tactician to me, very experience and know his stuff well too :drool:

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
The transition into the consultancy role is the big news, his spell as interim will be used to groom the squad and get them accustomed to a certain way of playing then he’ll play a role in appointing the right coach to take over full time. I’m actually exited about football again.

Marwood

The club gave Ole 3 years contract last summer after EL final loss. That was an ultimate stupid decision.
Sure but they've also just sacked Ole and at least reversed that decision.
We also had a really good summer in the transfer market. No club or ownership gets everything perfect but it's ok to accept that the running of the club is getting better and better.

OleGunnar20

Wow, did not see that coming. Looks like a move in the right direction structurally as a club at last. Wonderful news.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'm praying we don't here the obligatory Biggest Club in the World™ and The Man United Way™ in his first press conference or we're doomed.

Jibbs

I hope one of his roles as interim and future consultant is to keep all the dinosaurs of man united at bay from the club.

Revan

Assumptionman
Funny, considering that he was the one who chose Rangnick.

In case of Woody, he always went with the obvious choice: LVG, Mourinho, even Ole permanent. In this case, he seems to have defered to Murtough.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Woody continuing to stay here, as long as he does not intervene in football decisions and defers to Murtough/Rangnick. He can focus on getting the newest noodle sponsor, and he seems to be decent at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.