Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeddlLoide

Supports
Leipzig
Leipzig have sacked Jesse Marsch, so it'll be interesting to see if he fancies teaming up with Rangnick for the remainder of the season.
I see this a lot in the fanbase, but in fact Marsch didn't really like working with Rangnick, they don't really like each other as he admitted on Austrian TV and Rangnick never hired him for Red Bull even, that was Mintzlaff. So I think these theories are complete nonsense and I'd be very very surprised if that would happen.

relx

Frnkie Sys
Leipzig have sacked Jesse Marsch, so it'll be interesting to see if he fancies teaming up with Rangnick for the remainder of the season.
He was Rangnick's assistant during 2018-19 for RB Leipzig as well. Could see this happening too.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He was Rangnick's assistant during 2018-19 for RB Leipzig as well. Could see this happening too.
He might make sense in an assisting role. As others have said, as a manager he has failed and he just isn't able to set up a balanced team, Salzburg was always playing too risky under him and Leipzig was just a joke, but Leipzig under Rangnick/Marsch was a great team and if they still trust each other it could be a great option. Marsch definitely can coach certain aspects, it's maybe just better that he isn't responsible for the overall strategy.

red thru&thru

I see this a lot in the fanbase, but in fact Marsch didn't really like working with Rangnick, they don't really like each other as he admitted on Austrian TV and Rangnick never hired him for Red Bull even, that was Mintzlaff. So I think these theories are complete nonsense and I'd be very very surprised if that would happen.
Rangnick didn't choose Marsch? No wonder he failed then! ;)

MeddlLoide

Supports
Leipzig
Rangnick didn't choose Marsch? No wonder he failed then! ;)
Yes he was brought to NY initially by Mintzlaff when he was Head Of Red Bull Global Soccer and Mintzlaff is the guy that atm is tearing down what Rangnick built since 2012 (Rangnick left because he absolutely hates that guy as well).

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
the striker who can't score to save his life ?
The mental coach probably tried to psychologically manipulate him to stop him from scoring with his daughter, but ironically missed the mark. It’s not a precise science.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That would be some cojones on his part for Rangnick's part esp for his debut match.
I'm sure he has the cojones to do this, if he thinks that's the right selection. I just have no idea if he does think that, know next to nothing about Amad :lol:

CodeRed

God I'm having a blonde moment. Talk about slow. I just realised something. Ralf Rangnick is German. Teamviewer is German. Coincidence? That's my input for today :)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He said that the main objective is to win. Therefore he will take the low hanging fruit. No time to make drastic changes but just clean up a few things in the short term.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yes he was brought to NY initially by Mintzlaff when he was Head Of Red Bull Global Soccer and Mintzlaff is the guy that atm is tearing down what Rangnick built since 2012 (Rangnick left because he absolutely hates that guy as well).
So in your opinion Rangnick > Mintzlaff? You guys are still playing with mostly Rangnick signings?

sp_107

I predict Amad to start.

Amad /Sancho/Greenwood/Donny will become regulars in front-6 eventually as they are technically very good players.

Ralf may not upset the bunch by making wholesale changes so he will stick with most of the first team players for now but slowly he will make few changes

sp_107

-----------------------Greenwood-----------------

----Sancho----------Bruno------------Amad--------

-------------------Donny------------Fred---------------------

----Shaw------Varane------Maguire-----------Dalot-----

----------------------------Henderson------------------------------------

What do you think with above lineup in few weeks time

Jacob

DDG for Hendo, Victor for Maguire, Ronaldo for Greenwood.

SirAF

Ageist

No chance he's leaving out Ronaldo.

Pickle85

DDG for Hendo, Victor for Maguire, Ronaldo for Greenwood.
I reckon Maguire plays going forward, unfortunately. I also reckon we won't see much of amad yet and will probably see greenwood and Rashford rotate on the left with Sancho on the right. I think a midfield two of dvb and Fred is too lightweight so wouldn't be surprised to see Scott keep his place either.

the_cliff

Going with:
DDG
AWB Maguire Lindelof Telles
Fred DVB
Bruno
Sancho Ronaldo Greenwood

Josh 76

No chance he's leaving out Ronaldo.

Ronaldo looked shattered against Arsenal. We all got to face facts and realise he can’t play every game at his age. Dont start with he’s a really fit 36 year old. The older you get, you’re reactions become slower, no matter how fit your are.

SirAF

Ageist
Ronaldo looked shattered against Arsenal. We all got to face facts and realise he can’t play every game at his age. Dont start with he’s a really fit 36 year old. The older you get, you’re reactions become slower, no matter how fit your are.
:lol:

No one has been talking about starting Ronaldo *every* match. The post I was responding to clearly alluded to that being the future regular XI later this season - which is clearly not happening.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think peeople are reading too much into who he will and won't pick for Palace game. Don't forget we've played 2 games already in the last 7 days with the last just 2 and a half days ago.

If he doesn't pick Ronaldo or whomever, it doesn't mean anything. After 5 games we should have an idea of who is in his plans and who isn't.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking forward to seeing how we progress into "pressing monsters" that Rangnick wants. Most likely their will be some teething issues...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Excellent source for Leipzig.
Excellent addition. Let's hope he's good.
We've been crying out for one of these for ages.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
So in your opinion Rangnick > Mintzlaff? You guys are still playing with mostly Rangnick signings?
Sure thing. A lot of Rangnick's players left without any plan is what we see at Leipzig at the moment.

Stig

It is a new product. Your dad didn’t have Kontrol. Tikka-taka mixed with synchronized swimming. Looks easy. Add in strategic fouling. Hefty dose of salt and pepper. Put on Metallica. Always speak with a Rhineland accent. Seriously though I love his story of playing some early Russian exponent. I thought they had extra players!
And then he said he went to see them train just to see what they were up to.

Shows he was studying when he was playing

lsd

The Oracle
Quality control
It's his six monthes up yet?

Really hope he has more to offer than just getting the players to run about more as Moyes did that

Status
Not open for further replies.