Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The fact that he makes similar footballing judgment as Ole, which led to his sacking, is very worrying to me.

Manager is changed but the same set of players (the only change is AWB>Dalot) who played sh*t under Ole still plays week in week out under Rangnick.

these players will play no matter who our manager is:
Rashford Ronaldo Greenwood
Mctominay Fernandes Fred
Shaw Maguire Varane AWB
DDG

Bias and favoritism is killing this club
Well, as per that logic, wouldnt you say it’s a players problem then?

Josep Dowling

I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he will be successful here. He’s using the same players that have been awful all season. From starting with 4-2-2-2 he’s already reverted back the failed formation under Ole. We aren’t pressing. I’m not saying it’s all his fault as the players aren’t putting in a shift.

However you surely have to drop players and let others get on the pitch. Rashford starts every game. The midfield consisting of McTominay and Fred just isn’t going to work. How bad can Donny be to not get a full 90 minutes. He’s needs a run of at least 3 games surely. Someone like Lingard has energy and will press from the front. At this point we need workers to introduce the pressing game. That’s why I’d drop Rashford, Ronaldo and Greenwood because none of them press and once they have lost the ball, they simply stop until we get the ball back. That’s poor even without the pressing and part of the reason we get counter attacked a lot.

I thought Ralf would have the balls to make these big decisions but so far the players still control the dressing room imo.

We are losing the midfield battle. I really think we need to go to a 4-3-3 with a proper 3 midfield. Play either Cavani upfront or Bruno as a false 9. Sancho and Lingard on the wings. Or give Elanga more minutes.

Josep Dowling

Here is the in-form table for the past 5 games for the top 7 in-form teams in the PL. While we might complain about poor play from United, since Rangnick has arrived we are at least gaining some points. Two points per match would put us at 79 at the end of the year. That would be enough to secure a CL spot in most seasons, probably even a 3rd place finish. The situation may not be as dire as we think.

City15 pts
Arsenal12 pts
Tottenham11 pts
United10 pts
West Ham9 pts
Liverpool 8 pts
BHV8 pts
And who did we play during this period? Basically the bottom 5 so that form table is pointless.

beck7

Feel for this guy who just started. The players are so fecking spoilt by the ass kissing manager like Ole.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

The squad sure seem to get plenty of days off
saw the bs Mirror clickbait headline on this also. Media doing their best to invent a new buffoon image around him now when only a few weeks back he was the preeminent football philosopher. Media are sensationalising as always.

A nonstory.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The fact that he makes similar footballing judgment as Ole, which led to his sacking, is very worrying to me.

Manager is changed but the same set of players (the only change is AWB>Dalot) who played sh*t under Ole still plays week in week out under Rangnick.

these players will play no matter who our manager is:
Rashford Ronaldo Greenwood
Mctominay Fernandes Fred
Shaw Maguire Varane AWB
DDG

Bias and favoritism is killing this club
Which players would you start instead then?

Zoo

Another shit story from clickbait merchant Chris Wheeler.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Having interim manager is nonsense especially in our case with dozen divas in team. How he can implement anything while our prima donnas know that he is off in 6 months?

united for life

Against villa today, he decided to go with 8 subs instead of 9 with 2 keepers on the bench. Why not give youngsters a chance in the selection? i don’t care about the football mind everyone keeps talking about (which I have seen nothing from it anyway), this man is weird

macheda14

Having interim manager is nonsense especially in our case with dozen divas in team. How he can implement anything while our prima donnas know that he is off in 6 months?
Ok what else should we have done? Don’t say Conte as he wasn’t available when we finally decided to sack Ole. There were no good permanent managers available. None.

The United

I have a strange feeling that we will be ok. But then again, I do with every game before it starts.

You have those people who come here to tell others to keep the faith in the man and we will get better then go around in other threads how we are going to lose before every game. Strange bunch.

The strangest thing is that the club seems not letting RR to get at least a midfielder which is needed for this season and long term. Then keeping players who don't fit or won't be played on bench.

Talking about trusting someone who you hired as a consultant who is supposed to restructure the club to do his job with both hands tying on his back.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We'll be fine. 3 Points and a performance that will have more controlled moments than what we've seen.

Guapa

This guy oozes football knowledge.Don't expect anyone to get a tune out of this lazy,entitled,spoiled bunch of players.He's in this for the long haul so get used to it Until we change the majority of the squad which will take 18 months or more.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
People say he's an interim, but doesn't he have a deal for a consultancy role at the end of the 6 months? Hard to imagine he won't have an input in who will be the next manager. Who's to say he won't pass on what he's learned about the squad to whomever is taking over?

Silverman

Like that he's made a big call leaving Rashford out and starting Elanga.
Rashford needs to get his head right.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People say he's an interim, but doesn't he have a deal for a consultancy role at the end of the 6 months? Hard to imagine he won't have an input in who will be the next manager. Who's to say he won't pass on what he's learned about the squad to whomever is taking over?
Why wouldn't he? Surely that's what we're paying him for.

BuzzKillington

Feel for this guy who just started. The players are so fecking spoilt by the ass kissing manager like Ole.
This kind of shit really annoys me. Rangnick is supposed to be worthy of managing Manchester United, yet you’re pitying him and giving him some kind of free pass like he’s some competition winner. Feck off with this shit, he’s either good enough to do the job or he’s not, what happened with Ole is neither here nor there.

The United

This kind of shit really annoys me. Rangnick is supposed to be worthy of managing Manchester United, yet you’re pitying him and giving him some kind of free pass like he’s some competition winner. Feck off with this shit, he’s either good enough to do the job or he’s not, what happened with Ole is neither here nor there.
Exactly that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Like that he's made a big call leaving Rashford out and starting Elanga.
Rashford needs to get his head right.
Rashford picked up an injury in training on Thursday. I don’t think he’s done that at all

mancsarered

I like the way he picks a team. No fear in his decision making. Complete opposite of Ole's same 11 every time out act.

Trequarista10

Against villa today, he decided to go with 8 subs instead of 9 with 2 keepers on the bench. Why not give youngsters a chance in the selection? i don’t care about the football mind everyone keeps talking about (which I have seen nothing from it anyway), this man is weird
Presumably a couple injuries/illness/players dropped for discipline reasons, on the day or right before the match and so no time for youth players to be called up who weren't already with the squad? It's normal practise for 1 extra outfield player and 1 extra keeper to be with the match day squad in case of such happening.

The United

Presumably a couple injuries/illness/players dropped for discipline reasons, on the day or right before the match and so no time for youth players to be called up who weren't already with the squad? It's normal practise for 1 extra outfield player and 1 extra keeper to be with the match day squad in case of such happening.
That didn't and hasn't happened.

Chairman Steve

Exactly this. The consultancy stuff for two years is the main draw and reason we did this. The 6 month interim gig is basically assessing this bloated, disjointed squad that Solskjaer has constructed and then taking it from there when appointing the new guy.

Ralf is not on a 3 year permanent manager deal. I would understand peoples frustrations more if that was the case. Us going with him and not opting for the seemingly open goal that was Conte may represent a shift in direction at Utd, as Conte represents us sticking with our old ways like we did with Jose and LVG in my opinion. While we can’t definively say that Conte is over the hill at this point (like Jose and LVG were), Conte is very whiny and will throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn’t get his way, plus he doesn’t play the most easy on the eye football, and people complained like feck over this even when Jose was manager and we won games.

Opting for Ralf on the face of it seems like we’ve decided to try something different from what we’ve been doing previously. I have no idea whether it’s going to work but I’m glad we’re not the incarnate of ‘definition of insanity’ now. It could fail. It could be amazing. I wasn’t expecting Ralf to play orgasmic football at the drop of a hat like some people appear to have expected, but I hope towards the end of the season that I can see a system in place at worst… but then again Ralf is basically working with the squad Solskjaer built, which has a slow £80m centre back, a £50m right back who can’t attack, a £40m guy Solskjaer never used despite buying him and said guy is at the end of his tether by this point and has entrusted the limited McTominay and Fred to be his first choice central midfield, seeing that he has not bought any central midfielders other than the £40m guy who could be tried there.

united for life

Is awb injured? Haven’t heard about any injury.

also we’ll sit here and act that he dropped someone for disciplinary reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.