Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I believe Ronaldo must sacrifice the amount of minutes he plays, or he will have to adapt his style. There isn't really an alternative, what do you think would be the solution apart from dropping him all together?
It'll be some blend of it IMO. All these purist coaches never had a player like Ronaldo or Messi, so it's hard to say how they'd treat them exactly. I'm sure they'll start with trying to manage minutes and get Ronaldo to press in shorter bursts, or at least focus on his movement to at all times being an out ball after the press rather than he himself being the guy to press (which Ronaldo tends to do). I don't think he'll play him every single minute though.

The rest of the squad will either work to what Ragnick wants or they won't play IMO. Ronaldo is the only one who I think will be afforded exception status, for obvious reasons.

Dante

Average bang
We've previously had the godfather of 2000's tiki taka with LvG.

Now we've got the godfather of 2010's gegenpressing with Rangnick.

Not sure if this is the best move in terms of fitting in with this squad (particularly Ronaldo). But I'm not against it.

I'm probably most pleased about him being DoF after the end of this season.

hobbers

Rangnick on the philosophy, Murtough on the stats, ETH on the coaching. Dream team.

VDS the CEO would be perfection.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Maybe CR7 understands that his chances get bigger to shine offensively if he does a little more work there. Atleast that is why Bayern's offensives are hard workers - they get it back.
Has me thinking of a Tifo clip on Suarez's utilization at Barca. He wasn't going to drop deep and press but think it was Valverde had him cutting off lanes/outlets when a CB was on the ball. This essentially reduced the attacking space for the opposition and guessing forced plenty of forced passes and lost possession. That might work if Ronaldo is willing to take on a similar role, and could possibly see him in position to score/create when possession is inevitably regained.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yeah but it only catches people out because this place is full of conspiracy theories about the Glazers and their so-called desire to appoint 'yes men' or 'human shield'.
Hardly conspiracy theories - more accurate descriptions.

But it's clear that the Disneyland model was running out of road. You won't get top four like that with Liverpool Chelsea City Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle all looking dangerous. The Superleague was the last option for that model and it failed.

Infestissumam

pleasantly surprised to say the least. He was my favourite option of the rumoured shortlist, a bit surprised we actually decided to go through with it. Ecstatic about the consultant job too, it hopefully means we have a clear target for the longterm job ... someone with a similar philosophy. Exciting appointment for sure.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Shocked by our board acting fast and with competence. Is this the beginning of a paradigm shift and the start of making us a proper football club again?

red4ever 79

Brilliant news, followed him for a long time and no doubt his influence and style of play can be seen in the modern game.

Hopefully the coaches are shown the door.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
"we hate square passes, back passes"

:drool: :drool: :drool:

god, our players are fecked.
Probably some, but most are now afforded an opportunity to learn and grow. He did say in one of those interviews that Liverpool's frontline weren't workhorse players prior to Klopp coaching them. Point being, most of them can through proper coaching. Of course, there are some who are physically or technically not up to the job, and there are some who are too mentally frail to maybe take to hard work.

Orange Tree

Good luck! This is such an exciting appointment.

Please work on bringing ETH now.

redpatron

Utter shambles of a club, the players wont want to impress a lad that will be gone in 6 months, look what happened when SAF said he was retiring the first time.
you do understand he's going to be here for two more years after right? he's the right hand man now to Murtough, if he's says get rid of player A because he has first hand experience with him, than they can get rid of player A.

Kaos

Any news on whether he's bringing coaches with him? Or are we persisting with Carrick/McKenna/Phelan?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wow, didn't expect this to be honest.

A little background from a german perspective:
  • Rangnick was coach of arguably the best Schalke 04 team ever
  • Rangnick managed and built Hoffenheim from 3rd division to a 'Herbstmeisterschaft' (no. 1 in table during winter break)
  • Rangnick managed and built Leipzig from lower divisions to what they are today
Of course he was backed up with a load of money in Hoffenheim and Leipzig (well, at least for german standards, not for you guys ;)) but he completely built the identiy of these clubs and established a style of play from the youth teams all the way up to the first team, built the scouting of players and also youth coaches around this style, etc. etc.

He and Hoffenheim were basically the predecessor of Klopps Dortmund side.

He isn't the biggest motivator and according to reports not always the most easy going guy, so i don't know where i would put him compared to Klopp, Tuchel, Flick or Nagelsmann, but there is no doubt that Rangnick is one of the biggest "football brains" in germany.

I didn't expect this at all and I'm really, really curious how this will work out. To be honest I would be surprised to see him and Ronaldo get along because Rangnicks style relies on everyone following the tactics and fast (Gegen-)pressing.
Do you think Ronaldo will follow these guidelines?

I know that for you he is obviously no big name but I can tell you that he is heavily respected in germany and many wonder, why he didn't have an even bigger career. Maybe he is comparable to Bielsa in that aspect.

Anyways if you trust Rangnick enough to let him reshape your whole club, i think you will be very, very happy in a few years.

MrSingh2002

feck the coaches and let him get in coaches that understand his philosophy.

This is the most exciting manager appointment of them all for me.

Let him have control and we'll see a proper football team.

Nick7

Probably some, but most are now afforded an opportunity to learn and grow. He did say in one of those interviews that Liverpool's frontline weren't workhorse players prior to Klopp coaching them. Point being, most of them can through proper coaching. Of course, there are some who are physically or technically not up to the job, and there are some who are too mentally frail to maybe take to hard work.
yeah, I made a similar point just above your post.

Robertd0803

Jesus Christ I dont believe it.

They actually have made the right decision?

This is exciting.

largelyworried

He'd fit perfectly into what Rangnick can start here. Much more so than Poch.
Not sure I'd agree, if he implements his usual style on our team, then the transition to Poch is no harder than to Ten Hag. Both like technical, high press, fast transition fooball, just each has a different spin on it all.

Marcelinho87

Shocked by our board acting fast and with competence. Is this the beginning of a paradigm shift and the start of making us a proper football club again?
Maybe the Glazers were never the problem but their trust in Woodward was, maybe they leave all footballing decisions to one person and now it's the Murtogh bloke it's reaping rewards?

sport2793

Look for all the people worried about the backroom staff, it's an irrelevant issue. Rangnick is a hands on coach who will take the training sessions regardless.

BlueHaze

What is this 2 year "consultancy" deal meaning? If it means he'll work in some sort of dof role I'm very pleased with that.

Godfather

Not sure I'd agree, if he implements his usual style on our team, then the transition to Poch is no harder than to Ten Hag. Both like technical, high press, fast transition fooball, just each has a different spin on it all.
Does Poch though? I haven't seen that high press in this PSG team at all. Might be down to those lazy fecks up front but still. Think Ten Hag would fit very well.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We've previously had the godfather of 2000's tiki taka with LvG.

Now we've got the godfather of 2010's gegenpressing with Rangnick.

Not sure if this is the best move in terms of fitting in with this squad (particularly Ronaldo). But I'm not against it.

I'm probably most pleased about him being DoF after the end of this season.
Our next hire will be the one of the sons of the modern 4-4-2 in Big Sam or Sean Dyche.

Kaos

Imagine with all the jubilation, come the summer Ragnick advises we go all out for Brenton.

The meltdown here would be epic :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.