Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klsv

Wish people would use Google, or at least go through this very thread, before they step up to say they don't know who Rangnick is. Showcasing your ignorance here, nothing else.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Seems like if he does extremely well in the coaching role for us he won’t mind going full-time.
Perfect . Think if we do well and get a top 4, I won't mind him taking over full time. Poch still hasn't convinced me and not sure how much of a fit ETH is going to be after Ralf.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Looks like Fred will be gone then.
Fred's pressures created two goals against Villareal. Those goals are what Rangnick wants to see. Fred will be fine, might be the one midfielder who plays the most for him.

el3mel

He should only be an interim. I'm completely against him becoming permanent manager ahead of someone like Poch or Ten Hag, regardless of what happens in the next part of the season. Our last interim also outperformed in his first 3 months so let's not repeat the same mistake.

He should be the gate for a better manager long term, and he can stay at the club in a higher role later.

90 + 5min

The players are pissed? Oh boo hoo maybe now they'll have to work. Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that the players feel entitled to be annoyed about this? They should be concentrating on their game not throwing tantrums because they weren't consulted about the new interim manager, the dressing room needs sorting big time, get rid of these personalities who think they are entitled everything
Wouldn't suprise me. They were the reason vanGaal, Mourinho and now Solskjaer got sacked when they decided to play like people play in their garden. We have players that lack discipline, good atitude and everything else that makes a player a big player. I hope that Rangnick continues what Solskjaer been doing but with small changes. Mostly to get ruthless with players. If they don't perform just leave them home when we play games. Sell those who don't play for the team. And for the badge.

Smores

My view is that we are too passive without the ball. Losing it then just ambling back or not even bothering.

Rangnick's philosophy is to win the ball back within 8 seconds of losing it. His training at RB Leipzig has a ticking clock on the training ground, whereby the team in possession had 10 seconds to have a shot at goal, or for the defending team to win it within 8 seconds, if the defending team win the ball they then have 10 seconds to score and the other team have 8 seconds to win it back. HE said that this can be trained to become second nature to a player in as little as 3 weeks.
As you say off the ball and movement in general should be the biggest improvement.

No more aimlessly standing in space is the thing I'm looking forward to most. If you're not getting the ball, no sulking, you should be moving to pull the opposition about.

90 + 5min

Good.

United's biggest problem since 2013 has been the extent of player power in the dressing room. It's what sunk three of our last four managers: Moyes (players better than his previous Everton side but underperformed on the same tactics and missed out on top 4), Mourinho (reports of players downing tools towards the end) and Ole (players failing to follow the same instructions that got them 2nd last season). Arguably, the AdM failure was part of what sunk LvG as well, but that's more debatable.

The squad need to know that no single one of them is bigger than the club. I hope RR drums that into them from day 1.

The appointment of the new manager isn't their pay grade. I wouldn't expect to be consulted on my next manager either.
100% correct. I would put vanGaal in this too.

We have some real pretenders in this team with big egos.

Then you look at Ronaldo who is 36 years old. Done more then the whole team together and still 100% professional. Last couple of games where we played badly he and DeGea tried to do everything to get team going. But there were some others who just looked like they didn't care at all.

Sviken

Lunatics running the asylum. This is one of Ole's biggest problems - he was unable to stamp his authority as a manager and put fear into these players. Should be rectified immediately.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I'd love to watch the full video of that coaches voice thing that's on YouTube. Anyone seen it?

Demaw

More like McTominay. Fred passes forward, only it's to the oppo players. I like your humour Rightnr. :drool:

HailtotheKing

It took Klopp a while to get Liverpool playing the way he wanted to. Little worried how much of a difference Ralph can make when we have games every 3 days and no time for training, while simultaneously having to get his ideas and beliefs across to Carrick and McKenna instead of having his own people that already know them. Certainly going to be interesting.

Demaw

Good.

United's biggest problem since 2013 has been the extent of player power in the dressing room. It's what sunk three of our last four managers: Moyes (players better than his previous Everton side but underperformed on the same tactics and missed out on top 4), Mourinho (reports of players downing tools towards the end) and Ole (players failing to follow the same instructions that got them 2nd last season). Arguably, the AdM failure was part of what sunk LvG as well, but that's more debatable.

The squad need to know that no single one of them is bigger than the club. I hope RR drums that into them from day 1.

The appointment of the new manager isn't their pay grade. I wouldn't expect to be consulted on my next manager either.
Fergie was the big driver of no player being bigger than the club, or manager. All through his book he instantly got rid of trouble and he was right. We can all think of 4-5 players now who might be in trouble with this.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It took Klopp a while to get Liverpool playing the way he wanted to. Little worried how much of a difference Ralph can make when we have games every 3 days and no time for training, while simultaneously having to get his ideas and beliefs across to Carrick and McKenna instead of having his own people that already know them. Certainly going to be interesting.
Klopp got them looking pretty decent quickly. They just had really average players but you could see the pressing and the work rate quickly pick up.

Fitchett

My view is that we are too passive without the ball. Losing it then just ambling back or not even bothering.

Rangnick's philosophy is to win the ball back within 8 seconds of losing it. His training at RB Leipzig has a ticking clock on the training ground, whereby the team in possession had 10 seconds to have a shot at goal, or for the defending team to win it within 8 seconds, if the defending team win the ball they then have 10 seconds to score and the other team have 8 seconds to win it back. HE said that this can be trained to become second nature to a player in as little as 3 weeks.
Good! That should spare us from having to chant "attack, attack, attack, attack, attack" at regular intervals during matches

alexthelion

I cant help but feel that we, as fans, have had a huge part to play in this appointment. Let's be honest, the guys at utd have no idea who he is, just like most of us. As soon as he was linked with us a couple of weeks ago, the same 2m clip started going viral on Twitter (him talking about pressing). Suddenly the guy is trending on Twitter every few days! After Watford, it went out of control.

We know Eds team rely heavily on sentiment analysis on twitter so i bet that's why they offered him the interview to begin with!
Wow! So delusional :lol:

Toblerone92

Weird how football suddenly looks interesting again. Suddenly I'm back looking forward to next games.

Ole's tenure has killed my interest in football completely. Glad to feel interested in results again.
I know exactly how you felt, I still wanted United to win but that nervous excitement, even euphoria, just wasn't there anymore. We've lacked proper direction for years now so hopefully this is an ambitious and meaningful change of tack from the board and not another false dawn.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It'll be nice to never hear "the boys" or "Rashy" ever again.
Mr Rashford can run but I want him to look up and pass. Then maybe he gets 10 minutes on the pitch... or something along those lines.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I cant help but feel that we, as fans, have had a huge part to play in this appointment. Let's be honest, the guys at utd have no idea who he is, just like most of us. As soon as he was linked with us a couple of weeks ago, the same 2m clip started going viral on Twitter (him talking about pressing). Suddenly the guy is trending on Twitter every few days! After Watford, it went out of control.

We know Eds team rely heavily on sentiment analysis on twitter so i bet that's why they offered him the interview to begin with!
What?

Crackers

greasy ginfers

This is honestly the most deluded thing I've ever read on here, and that includes anything @Mr Pigeon has ever spewed out in a midnight ramling.

mav_9me

On the other hand Wenger, Tuchel and Flick didn't take much time to bring about an improvement.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

I started the thread about taking Rangnick as manager. Therefore I claim full credit. You're welcome, Caf.

Blood Mage

I don't think he should become full-time manager unless he gets some spectacular performances out of us. I'd prefer to see him move upstairs as that's where he has done his best work.

bosskeano

let's just hope he sets some discipline, sets a style of play and puts some structure in place on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.