Ralf Rangnick

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
RR built RB Salzburg, RB Leipzig and now has the control over all RB clubs except Salzburg (officially). He brought RBL to the CL, began with a small club and RBL is now a top 20 club in Europe. Salzburg has one of the best youth systems all over Europe, selling players every year and earning millions. RR would be perfect for United but he would be Ed's nightmare. He is a control freak and a real assh$#^&, but he knows what to do.
With Houllier.

Coops73

What, in his UWS interview? Basically that he leaves the footballing decisions to the football men and we're always looking to innovate and improve and how he doesn't get involved in the footballing decisions...sometimes.

A great nugget from him in that interview was (paraphrasing him now), "One side product of our model is, when the manager wants to sell a player, we usually sell the player...but not always!" What a muppet. :lol::lol:
Cheers. So he’s saying he’s got nothing to do with the footballing side of things then caveats that with a “sometimes”. He’s basically saying something and nothing, the bloke is a clown and how even those ne’er-do-wells that run our club allow such stupidity fecking baffles me.

red thru&thru

Cheers. So he’s saying he’s got nothing to do with the footballing side of things then caveats that with a “sometimes”. He’s basically saying something and nothing, the bloke is a clown and how even those ne’er-do-wells that run our club allow such stupidity fecking baffles me.
And this is why most of us have no confidence in Ed making any rational decision, that will benefit our club.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
The last paragraph sounded like a dig at Ole. As if to suggest, he has no ideas on the pitch for us
No i think its a dig at the whole managment running the club for the bad work in the all the past years. In Rangniks eyes Ole as the coach is only the last piece of a puzzle.
Very interesting article btw. And it proofs some points already made in this thread.

Deuterium

Ralf on joining Man Utd:

‘So would Rangnick, a sporting director with a proven track record, be interested in an approach from Old Trafford? “I am happy where I am but if any club wanted to speak to me, the question would have to be: ‘Can I be somebody who can influence areas of development across the whole club?’ Otherwise you are only getting half of what I am capable of. If, after that, you can work together in a trustworthy and respectful way, then you are more likely to be successful.”

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Please, I would prefer him as DOF though. But as interim until they can get another manager then move him up would also be great

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't get this thread. Is he a coach, manager or director? Which of those are Bayern interested in? And which are we supposedly interested in?

Raw

Rangnick as interim then moved up as DoF in the summer, with one of Rose or Nagelsmann taking over makes far too much sense. It'll never happen.

Cassidy

Rangnick as interim then moved up as DoF in the summer, with one of Rose or Nagelsmann taking over makes far too much sense. It'll never happen.
Not likely this summer but the next for those managers. Especially Nagelsmann

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't get this thread. Is he a coach, manager or director? Which of those are Bayern interested in? And which are we supposedly interested in?
He was a brilliant coach/manager but had a burnout at Schalke, he became a DOF alongside Houllier at RB and was brilliant at it too, then he took the interim manager job and was brilliant.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't know enough about him to say either way, but he's 61 and hasn't had a 'big' job so it's a risk, regardless of the noise around him. He's also only been a first team coach in two of the last seven or eight seasons. Last season they didn't get out of a Europa group of Celtic, Salzburg and Rosenborg. He could be great or it might be a step too far for him. Personally, I don't think we should get caught up in trying to get someone who's all things to all men. If he's the best manager available (if we need one) get him. If not, don't go for him because he's also a good DOF.

settembrini

He has spent most of post-playing career as an average coach/manager at smaller German teams. In recent years he has established a decent reputation as a Director of Football although again that is at smaller clubs.

From those quotes of his agents (and the fact their other choice is Wenger) it sounds like Bayern wanted him as an interim manager. An experienced hand to steady the ship while they look to get someone better in the summer. It makes sense he would reject that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who would you have replace him, who would be attainable? Love the idea, but no confidence in United pulling this off.
If we hire Rangnick as DoF, then he will hire the next manager. So we will have different person making the decision or helping the decision process.

It's all just a dream though, doubt even one of it will be reality.

sillwuka

He would be a great choice for us moving forward. Possibly even more successful as a DOF.

Watched an interview from 2014 when RB were in Bundesliga 2, he was discussing strict recruitment policy of players from the age of 17 to 22. Very interesting.

LuessiT

Please, I would prefer him as DOF though. But as interim until they can get another manager then move him up would also be great
Rangnick will only join a club if he gets full control over decision making top to bottom. It doesn't really matter if his title says DOF or not.

Cassidy

Rangnick will only join a club if he gets full control over decision making top to bottom. It doesn't really matter if his title says DOF or not.
It does because I’d prefer a different person as the manager :rolleyes:

Danish Wizard

Sorry but why would you want him as manager, even just for half a season.? He hasn't done anything brilliant with his previous clubs, where he was the head coach / manager. He even quitted Schlake at one point, as he was exhausted..
He might be great as a director of football or a similar role. But manager, no thanks.

Cassidy

Sorry but why would you want him as manager, even just for half a season.? He hasn't done anything brilliant with his previous clubs, where he was the head coach / manager. He even quitted Schlake at one point, as he was exhausted..
He might be great as a director of football or a similar role. But manager, no thanks.
Leipzeg were good under him. I agree though I don’t think he should be manager long term but he would be a good interim and better than Ole.

His first stint at Schalke he came second in the league and took them to the cup final

Second stint at Schalke took them to UCL semi final (they lost to United)

Last edited:

PyroMan

Maybe it's until the end of the season in a caretaker capacity until Ten Hag is available?
Yep, that's how I see it. Wenger gets to "audition" after a break from management with a top team who should ideally walk the league despite their start. Bayern get someone who will seemingly be fine with a short term assignment, plays good football and has a philosophy which they would like. Then they can move for Ten Hag in the summer, who I'm assuming would not want to leave Ajax midway through the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

"Ragnick, who is head of sport and development at Red Bull, would like to work in England if he leaves his post"

I get the feeling we might have a agreement with him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Indifferent on whether a period out of the game may have done Wenger some good or not in the context of his profession but,if he does get the Bayern job, I hope he does well.
I never really desliked Wenger.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Indifferent on whether a period out of the game may have done Wenger some good or not but,if he does get the Bayern job, I hope he does well.
I never really desliked Wenger.
He'll get the job until the end of the season on a interim basis. Bayern will give the job to Ten Hag on a permanent basis it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.