Ralf Rangnick's consultancy role has been scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Look I see that point of view. The players are abysmal. But the focus should be getting the Glazers out. I just hope the fanbase unites and get it done. It needs to be a coordinated effort
Agree 100%.

Slysi17

Do people really think they can get Glazers to sell? I have a feeling that it’s just wishful thinking. Also, who’s buying?
Well we have to. Because things will go very bad. You want the Glazers to keep getting away with it. That attitude is a reason why the Glazers are still owners.

Last edited:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well if it's such a surefire thing and guaranteed to bear fruit, why wouldn't they?
Who is going to hire somebody who will take over his own job and responsibilities? The Milan job didn't happen, because, if RR would have given the job club legends like Maldini would have lost their jobs.
This would only work, if the Glazers themselves would hire RR to replace all of the existing hierarchy.
Also there isn't a guarantee of instant success, like there isn't a guarantee when you hire Pep as a coach, but RR is one of the top team builder and developer who are out there. But it takes a real revolution (and complete trust) within the club hierarchy to give him there power to be successful.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
They don't need to be in bad shape. I said Newcastle United would be a perfect project.
Newcastle would have been a good fit. However, didn't he just sign the deal with United at the time the Newcastle takeover took place?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Who is going to hire somebody who will take over his own job and responsibilities? The Milan job didn't happen, because, if RR would have given the job club legends like Maldini would have lost their jobs.
This would only work, if the Glazers themselves would hire RR to replace all of the existing hierarchy.
Also there isn't a guarantee of instant success, like there isn't a guarantee when you hire Pep as a coach, but RR is one of the top team builder and developer who are out there. But it takes a real revolution (and complete trust) within the club hierarchy to give him there power to be successful.
That's the thing with the Rangnites, they laud him as if success was guaranteed. And if he is such a surefire thing, clubs WOULD make the move. You can't have it both ways. Either he's a master club builder and you go all out to get him or he's just some urban legend that people have built this wall of grandeur around. Lower tier clubs would have nothing to lose. Ralf may have skills but he is not the Messiah. I think that is the biggest bone of contention between Rangnites and normal folk.

Last edited:

justsomebloke

He's no longer at the club, he's not a consultant/advisor so the club hasn't been consulting him so he isn't being ignored.

And going back to last season during his time as Interim we both agree we don't know what he did or didn't tell the club privately. So we don't know for certain what if anything is being ignored.
In that case, I understood your point perfectly. To the extent you can call this agglomeration of irrelevant formality a point.

We KNOW what RRs assessment of squad and club needs were, because he made them publicly. There is no reason whatsoever to assume he made a different assessment to the club privately.

Once a manager has done that, the significance of that assessment doesn't depend on the nature of his contractual relationship with the club. It depends on the accuracy and validity of the assessment, and on how the club acts on it. That doesn't go away simply because Ralf Rangnick does.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Stop saying he was right. We all knew he was, even before he joined we knew what the problems were. He is no longer at the club. Move on.

JeffFromHK

Stop saying he was right. We all knew he was, even before he joined we knew what the problems were. He is no longer at the club. Move on.
He is not a world class manager but a great squad builder and club builder.
He recommended us to buy: Vlahovic (60M), Alvarez (14M), Diaz (50M) this winter and the club snubbed him.
we would have such a great front line if we listened to him, buy all 3 players and sell Rashford at 50M and Ronaldo at 15M. It will be a great upgrade with 60M spent and we have a front line of Vlahovic, Alvarez, Sancho, Diaz, Martial.

UpWithRivers

The main problem is that he was not replaced. I didn't agree but ok sack him but where is the replacement? Where is our proper DOF? Murtough and Fletcher? You can see already the manager is running the transfers which has never worked before. Someone needs to get hold of the transfers and run it properly and for some bizarre reason United think that they don't need one

Foxbatt

That's the thing with the Rangnites, they laud him as if success was guaranteed. And if he is such a surefire thing, clubs WOULD make the move. You can't have it both ways. Either he's a master club builder and you go all out to get him or he's just some urban legend that people have built this wall of grandeur around. Lower tier clubs would have nothing to lose. Ralf may have skills but he is not the Messiah. I think that is the biggest bone of contention between Rangnites and normal folk.
There you go again calling Rangnites. People are going to call you out in this kind of hypocrisy.
He certainly is a much better option than the current DOF we have.

NZT-One

Its on the players to an extent but who bought the players. It was essentially the recruitment department and former managers. And whose responsibility is it to sell them. Again the board/recruitment. You really think the Glazers are going to spend big to gut the squad. I can't.
So you aren't able to create a meaningful connection with the owners shortcomings but on the same site you absolutely sure, that not getting rid of them will destroy the club. Alright then, mate. I am sure you mean well and sometimes, desperation leads to irrational thinking. Fighting the Glazers is a waste of time, they will not let them selves be pushed out of the club. A club that is rising in value for quite some time. Changing conditions on the financial markets might change things up but surely not some doom and gloom from the fans site.
I don't really know, what kind of expectations you have, that all owners have to be some sort of sugardaddy? Or are people like Levi? I don't get it. Granted, they seemingly allow a level of incompetence to run the club, that certainly is an issue, but I am sure, adressing this incompetence bears fruit way earlier than picking up fights with windmills. What you can ask for from an owner is that he makes sure that the asset value isn't breaking down. And yes, there needs to be some investments in the grounds and Carrington at some point. But lets not act as if the issue of the club has been not paying enough money.
Everybody assumes RR is talking about the Glazers as the overarching issue - I don't know if thats true. I think, it might just as well be a figure like Murtough. Somebody with shortcomings he is aware of but trying to remain in his seat at all cost.

Fluctuation0161

If he was right why must people stop saying he was right? Strange.

Surely if these are the problems it needs reiterating. I do not believe everyone knows what the problems were. Just look at some of the posts on this forum.

Slysi17

So you aren't able to create a meaningful connection with the owners shortcomings but on the same site you absolutely sure, that not getting rid of them will destroy the club. Alright then, mate. I am sure you mean well and sometimes, desperation leads to irrational thinking. Fighting the Glazers is a waste of time, they will not let them selves be pushed out of the club. A club that is rising in value for quite some time. Changing conditions on the financial markets might change things up but surely not some doom and gloom from the fans site.
I don't really know, what kind of expectations you have, that all owners have to be some sort of sugardaddy? Or are people like Levi? I don't get it. Granted, they seemingly allow a level of incompetence to run the club, that certainly is an issue, but I am sure, adressing this incompetence bears fruit way earlier than picking up fights with windmills. What you can ask for from an owner is that he makes sure that the asset value isn't breaking down. And yes, there needs to be some investments in the grounds and Carrington at some point. But lets not act as if the issue of the club has been not paying enough money.
Everybody assumes RR is talking about the Glazers as the overarching issue - I don't know if thats true. I think, it might just as well be a figure like Murtough. Somebody with shortcomings he is aware of but trying to remain in his seat at all cost.
What are you on about. Your defending the Glazers. They bought the club on debt, took money out of the club that could of been spent on the facilities or squad and bought the club on debt. Also employ incompetent people to run it. What a stupid post. How will the club value when we again won't make the champions league.least I am worried about the club direction and know what the problem is. Your post is bullshit. I don't want a sugar daddy. I just want competent owners. Your part of the problem and why the Glazers are still here.

Last edited:

Castia

Just been watching some clips from his press conferences and he’s 100% spot on. We needed him this summer to help build a squad for ETH, losing him leaving our clueless lot to get players in will turn out to be a massive mistake.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Do people really think they can get Glazers to sell? I have a feeling that it’s just wishful thinking. Also, who’s buying?
Chelsea got sold in a couple of months. A money making behemoth like United will have plenty of suitors. The more it's run into the ground by the current ownership, the less it will be worth though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There you go again calling Rangnites. People are going to call you out in this kind of hypocrisy.
He certainly is a much better option than the current DOF we have.
What hypocrisy? There are a few terms used for fans who supported Ole and indeed those who didn't. You don't seem to have a problem with that?
And again, you have no basis for claiming he'd be a great DoF, apart from the press conferences that he has somehow managed to mesmerise a section of United fans with. He was only stating the obvious that many have been saying for ages. There were no groundbreaking revelations.

Why are you still pining for the manager of the Austrian NT? I don't get it.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
What hypocrisy? There are a few terms used for fans who supported Ole and indeed those who didn't. You don't seem to have a problem with that?
And again, you have no basis for claiming he'd be a great DoF, apart from the press conferences that he has somehow managed to mesmerise a section of United fans with. He was only stating the obvious that many have been saying for ages. There were no groundbreaking revelations.

Why are you still pining for the manager of the Austrian NT? I don't get it.
This may come as a suprise to you, but what you perceive as a common knowledge obviously isn't that common. Take for example United board, manager and pretty much everyone within the club. They disagree with pretty much everything Rangnick and others have been saying for ages. And if you think I have no basis for my claims, just look at the state of the club.

NZT-One

What are you on about. Your defending the Glazers. They bought the club on debt, took money out of the club that could of been spent on the facilities or squad and bought the club on debt. Also employ incompetent people to run it. What a stupid post. How will the club value when we again won't make the champions league.least I am worried about the club direction and know what the problem is. Your post is bullshit. I don't want a sugar daddy. I just want competent owners. Your part of the problem and why the Glazers are still here.
Each bolded part is adressed on its own.

1. No I don't. I am just saying, that they might not be the single most important problem the club has.
2. They did buy the club on debt. In 2005. Since then the club has seen the most successful period in terms of trophies AND the last ten years. So to any reasonable person that would indicate they aren't the only thing that is problematic.
3. I agree with incompetent people running the club. But I did in my previous post already.
4. Yeah thank god that you are worried. That really helps us a ton.
5. Thanks, statements like this never backfire.
6. I also want competent owners.
7. How am I part of the problem? Because I am not angrily raising fists at people who don't give a flying feck about me and my opinion? I couldn't care less about the owners, I care about the football side of things. And with the money we spent, we should have been so much more successful. You seem to think more money means more success - well open your eyes we are the poster boy for this not not being true.
8. I am the reason, why the Glazers are still here? Interesting mate. I'd love to hear your thorough explanation of that.

Again - I get the hate for the owners. I really really do, those guys are easy to hate, they take money out of the club and they don't really seem to care about the same things, that the fans care about. But that isn't important to me. I see their responsibility in providing enough resources for the club to be successful on the pitch. And they do. I don't know why they seem adamant in bringing people in who would increase their ROI and that is an issue but is certainly isn't the single-biggest reason for the club "being destroyed". All this anger seems desperate. People try to avoid complexity, go for easy solution. Thats why "Glazers bad, they take money away". For some people that might be enough reason to get on their heels - to me it isn't. To be honest, I feel proud that we are one of the few topclubs around who do the things we do DESPITE being run like a real business. And not like ManCity (for quite some time) where it simply didn't matter if a 50 million FB flopped. He'll be replaced by another and case closed.

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

This bloke is known as some sort of football professor even Klopp look up to him. He has track records of actually building a team and signed good players (some players ended up in Liverpool under Klopp as their key players).

We binned him and instead keep Murtough who has no real experience except building youth and women football in Man Utd. We deserve what we get now. It's a simple theory worldwide in any field, get the best person for the job if you want success.

stevoc

Dont be ruddy ridiculous. So you are saying that what he has said publicly is the exact opposite of what he told the club privately? We know it is being ignored because he raised points publicly about the need for change and what sort of players we need. And what the scouts should have done.
Ok so it's went from his assessments are being ignored to his public statements are being ignored now, ok.

What did Ralf Rangnick say publicly that the club are ignoring?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
That's the thing with the Rangnites, they laud him as if success was guaranteed. And if he is such a surefire thing, clubs WOULD make the move.
Nobody can guarantee you success. The right appointments make it only more likely.
If Arnold and Murtough had given him the full power, they would have been obsolete themselves. So of course they didn't.

Either he's a master club builder and you go all out to get him or he's just some urban legend that people have built this wall of grandeur around.
He isn't a master club builder either, I don't think that such a person even exists
RR had proverb several time the he can build the foundation of a successful club. Implement a particular playing style, streamline the youth teams to play this style, recruit players that thrive with this particular style.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This may come as a suprise to you, but what you perceive as a common knowledge obviously isn't that common. Take for example United board, manager and pretty much everyone within the club. They disagree with pretty much everything Rangnick and others have been saying for ages. And if you think I have no basis for my claims, just look at the state of the club.
I don't disagree with you and the incompetence of the board is a different argument. What is being debated here are the godlike qualities of some guy who has bizarrely achieved a cult-like status for making glaringly obvious statements about a football club during a series of press conferences at which he should have been focusing more on his own incompetences and inability to achieve what he had been brought in to do with the team.

stevoc

In that case, I understood your point perfectly. To the extent you can call this agglomeration of irrelevant formality a point.

We KNOW what RRs assessment of squad and club needs were, because he made them publicly. There is no reason whatsoever to assume he made a different assessment to the club privately.

Once a manager has done that, the significance of that assessment doesn't depend on the nature of his contractual relationship with the club. It depends on the accuracy and validity of the assessment, and on how the club acts on it. That doesn't go away simply because Ralf Rangnick does.
So which of his public statements are being ignored then?

I hate feeling like I'm defending the people running the club here as my only initial point was that I don't think that Ralf was compiling dossiers or making assessments that he shared with the club. All that stuff was overblown I personally don't think the people running this club ever had much of a plan to listen to him or give him any real power form the start. There's been a fair amount of reports that him and Murtagh weren't even on speaking terms for months. So I have my doubts he was passing much information or recommendations onto the club at all.

NZT-One

I don't disagree with you and the incompetence of the board is a different argument. What is being debated here are the godlike qualities of some guy who has bizarrely achieved a cult-like status for making glaringly obvious statements about a football club during a series of press conferences at which he should have been focusing more on his own incompetences and inability to achieve what he had been brought in to do with the team.
At this point, you are the only one who is fighting this particular thing. I've seen nobody in the last 3 days even indicating something like that.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If he was right why must people stop saying he was right? Strange.

Surely if these are the problems it needs reiterating. I do not believe everyone knows what the problems were. Just look at some of the posts on this forum.
Because its like us shouting at clouds. If we wanted to follow his method of clearing out the squad we had the chance, we decided not to.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nobody can guarantee you success. The right appointments make it only more likely.
If Arnold and Murtagh had given him the full power, they would have been obsolete themselves. So of course they didn't.

He isn't a master club builder either, I don't think that such a person even exists
RR had proverb several time the he can build the foundation of a successful club. Implement a particular playing style, streamline the youth teams to play this style, recruit players that thrive with this particular style.
I refer you back to my original point. This is where the pro-Rangnick people are getting themselves in a spin. They ARE making him out to be this master club builder and they ARE rueing the fact that success would have been guaranteed.

That's the whole basis for the to-ing and fro-ing in here. If they had some rational perspective on Wreck-It, perhaps there wouldn't be so much disagreement.

Slysi17

Each bolded part is adressed on its own.

1. No I don't. I am just saying, that they might not be the single most important problem the club has.
2. They did buy the club on debt. In 2005. Since then the club has seen the most successful period in terms of trophies AND the last ten years. So to any reasonable person that would indicate they aren't the only thing that is problematic.
3. I agree with incompetent people running the club. But I did in my previous post already.
4. Yeah thank god that you are worried. That really helps us a ton.
5. Thanks, statements like this never backfire.
6. I also want competent owners.
7. How am I part of the problem? Because I am not angrily raising fists at people who don't give a flying feck about me and my opinion? I couldn't care less about the owners, I care about the football side of things. And with the money we spent, we should have been so much more successful. You seem to think more money means more success - well open your eyes we are the poster boy for this not not being true.
8. I am the reason, why the Glazers are still here? Interesting mate. I'd love to hear your thorough explanation of that.

Again - I get the hate for the owners. I really really do, those guys are easy to hate, they take money out of the club and they don't really seem to care about the same things, that the fans care about. But that isn't important to me. I see their responsibility in providing enough resources for the club to be successful on the pitch. And they do. I don't know why they seem adamant in bringing people in who would increase their ROI and that is an issue but is certainly isn't the single-biggest reason for the club "being destroyed". All this anger seems desperate. People try to avoid complexity, go for easy solution. Thats why "Glazers bad, they take money away". For some people that might be enough reason to get on their heels - to me it isn't. To be honest, I feel proud that we are one of the few topclubs around who do the things we do DESPITE being run like a real business. And not like ManCity (for quite some time) where it simply didn't matter if a 50 million FB flopped. He'll be replaced by another and case closed.
Well if you're happy with owners who don't show ambition then fine. But would like to point out they have been given chances to run this club properly. I was actually willing to give them a chance but they have blown it. New CEO but nothing has changed. They have been given 10 years to get it right. How long do you give them. I don't get this. I used to say top 4 at best under these owners. Now I think Tottenham and Arsenal are ahead of us and probably 6th at best this season. Get smashed by Brentford and Brighton. How can you be happy.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I refer you back to my original point. This is where the pro-Rangnick people are getting themselves in a spin. They ARE making him out to be this master club builder and they ARE rueing the fact that success would have been guaranteed.

That's the whole basis for the to-ing and fro-ing in here. If they had some rational perspective on Wreck-It, perhaps there wouldn't be so much disagreement.
The sad thing for United is that he doesn't even need to be a master club builder, just being average at it would be miles better than whatever is going on at the club now. And I think everyone looking at his merits has to at least recognize him at being good at building club structures (that then build at least good teams and squads).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
At this point, you are the only one who is fighting this particular thing. I've seen nobody in the last 3 days even indicating something like that.
There are loads of people pining for a guy who actually never really did anything significant other than fail miserably with the football team but all that doesn't matter because of some glaringly obvious statements he made after matches which the club allegedly didn't bend over backwards to acknowledge. The guy is managing Austria NT so is history now. Those same people are quick to shout down anyone who brings up Solskjaer and will call them Ole in crowd, Ole fanboys etc.

Have I missed anything?

NZT-One

Well if you're happy with owners who don't show ambition then fine. But would like to point out they have been given chances to run this club properly. I was actually willing to give them a chance but they have blown it. New CEO but nothing has changed. They have been given 10 years to get it right. How long do you give them. I don't get this. I used to say top 4 at best under these owners. Now I think Tottenham and Arsenal are ahead of us and probably 6th at best this season. Get smashed by Brentford and Brighton. How can you be happy.
They are the owners. They don't need me to give them chances or evaluate their ambition - they can do whatever they want. They invested almost a billion in the last decade, money I am sure they would have loved to spend to increase stadium capacities or whatever. Again, you call it "showing ambition" but it sounds more like "pleaaase spend more money please". They should bring more competent people in, for their own sake - no question about it. But I think, it would make a world of difference, when all the spotlights are directed at for example Murtough as he seemingly is at fault for quite a few bad decisions currently.

NZT-One

There are loads of people pining for a guy who actually never really did anything significant other than fail miserably with the football team but all that doesn't matter because of some glaringly obvious statements he made after matches which the club allegedly didn't bend over backwards to acknowledge. The guy is managing Austria NT so is history now. Those same people are quick to shout down anyone who brings up Solskjaer and will call them Ole in crowd, Ole fanboys etc.

Have I missed anything?
No you didn't. Not shocked as you're trained to do that statement by now reading it like the 3rd or 4th time :) . I'll agree to some degree, hyperbole certainly isn't exclusive to one side of the equation, but currently I'd say you are the one bringing the most hyperbole to the table.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
At least it's not as bad as the group that think calling him 'Wreck-it' is the height of humour. The instant I see someone say that I find it incredibly difficult to take them seriously. Reminds me of when I was about 13 and thought calling Liverpool 'Liverwort' was clever.
Redped constantly uses Wreck-It and Ragnites in his posts which I do agree makes him sound like he's 12 years of age. Impossible to take seriously.

croadyman

Yeah and whoever is to blame for that happening should be totally accountable

croadyman

They are the owners. They don't need me to give them chances or evaluate their ambition - they can do whatever they want. They invested almost a billion in the last decade, money I am sure they would have loved to spend to increase stadium capacities or whatever. Again, you call it "showing ambition" but it sounds more like "pleaaase spend more money please". They should bring more competent people in, for their own sake - no question about it. But I think, it would make a world of difference, when all the spotlights are directed at for example Murtough as he seemingly is at fault for quite a few bad decisions currently.
They haven't put in a penny, wake up

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Redped constantly uses Wreck-It and Ragnites in his posts which I do agree makes him sound like he's 12 years of age. Impossible to take seriously.
Yeah, like we can take someone with the username Forevergiggs seriously too. :lol: Dear me!

And there are/were nicknames for Ole, Moyes, Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Lampard, Gerrard. And Pogba, Lukaku, Lingard etc. got their fair share of it too?

So why are you and the Rangnites only taking offence to what Wreck-It is called? Answer me that.

NZT-One

They haven't put in a penny, wake up
This is how businesses are run. You don't just "put the money in" you invest. And they did. I know would love to have better owners, more interested in the stuff the fans care about but it is what it is. I'll stand next to you fighting them when they do not give green light to spend money on new players. But that isn't the case. Theres no reason to love them, obviously but they aren't directly at fault for what happend. Sure they appointed Woody. They appointed Murtough. And they probably trusted managers too much like LVG and Mou. But even on that, we don't know if it was them or the level below.

The current problems won't move an inch when the Glazers are gone tomorrow. We'd still need competent people running the show. So lets go ask for exactly that and don't waste energy on the step inbetween. There are no indicators they would sell anyways, and who is able to buy it from them (for the actual value plus margin for Glazers) and still have enough to invest significantly?

Foxbatt

Ok so it's went from his assessments are being ignored to his public statements are being ignored now, ok.

What did Ralf Rangnick say publicly that the club are ignoring?
Just look at the clip that is on this site of his interview. Certainly the club are not doing what he has suggested and right now we are at the bottom of the PL. In fact they are doing the exact opposite. No one is saying that he is a top manager. But to say that he doesn't know how to structure a club is being ruddy ridiculous.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
At least it's not as bad as the group that think calling him 'Wreck-it' is the height of humour. The instant I see someone say that I find it incredibly difficult to take them seriously. Reminds me of when I was about 13 and thought calling Liverpool 'Liverwort' was clever.
It's Loserpool you dork.

Status
Not open for further replies.