Ralf Rangnick's consultancy role has been scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Good riddance. Best news since Madrid’s CL win.
How is it good news? At best it makes the club look absolutely clueless, at worst we’re still no better organised/managed than we have been over the past 10 years.

Strap in because we are in for a shit summer I can already see it. Ragnick Leaving, bids going in for players who don’t want to join, it’s early doors but I’m starting to get a bad feeling.

city-puma

He was hired as interim manager to lead us to finish in top four. It’s his job! To many here, he somehow becomes a Steve Jobs tasked to revolutionize manutd. I am sure they will continue to believe what they want to believe.

Ralph1386

I totally get and have been on the side that the club is useless, and maybe people's frustrations are aimed more towards the overall running of the club rather than being upset Ralf is gone, so i do get that.
That’s what I was going to reply to your previous post. It’s not about Ragnick but the way the club is being run.

Zlatattack

Well that daft. We put up with his poor management because we thought we'd get some real value as a consultant with the new manager, he thrives in that sort of role.

I reckon they just didnt want to spend the cash he was suggesting.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
How is it good news? At best it makes the club look absolutely clueless, at worst we’re still no better organised/managed than we have been over the past 10 years.

Strap in because we are in for a shit summer I can already see it. Rangnick Leaving, bids going in for players who don’t want to join, it’s early doors but I’m starting to get a bad feeling.
He is horrible, couldn’t care less what he did for Red Bull and Co, so glad he is not employed/paid by the club any longer.

mu4c_20le

We'd be clueless if we kept him on after that shit show.

Finally the club took decisive action. There's your change.

Trex

Didn't Ralf said recently that it depends on ETH willingness to work with him, I think Ralf wasn't given any true authority.
Veto power on decision belongs to Murtough and ETH, and most likely ETH ideas defer from Ralf so Ralf decided to walk, for one I know Ralf likes both Fred (being one of the best performers under him)and Mctominay (someone he describe as future captain).
Credible sources saying ETH wants to recruit in midfield first before anywhere else, were as Ralf spoke of a young forward being priority because Cr7 isn't a pressing machine.

Erics_Collar

In the list of most pointless associations with Manchester United, Rangnick now takes pride of place alongside William Prunier and Andy Goram.

Polar

Some argue ETH or United didn’t want Rangnick. Maybe an alternative is that Rangnick wasn’t very interested or motivated to continue in United: He realised the mess is too big and it will take many years to bring United back in the good company.

DeGea

regardless of whether ralf was good or not, this sequence of decisions reflects that the club is not well organised behind the scenes. what the actual f?

it's like they went online and read the Caf and other forums and thought - oh yeah this rangnick sounds good, then fans seem to want him, why dont we go for him.

complete amateurs. i would be very interested to know the rationale of these decisions, completely bonkers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not sure why people are celebrating as someone said above it makes the club look clueless. I hope this is a pre-cursor to better news.

It feels like the club just do things for appearances and there is no actual direction.

Tavern in the town

The consultancy thing never made sense in the first place. Ralf’s thing was building small clubs into clubs that were a level below the best. Clubs like Leipzig and Salzburg shop in completely different markets to United.

LordSpud

Think we will move from Nunez and De Jong now. Most likely focus on Richarlison and Neves. Everything's slipping into place for the club to revert back to overpriced Premier League signings. Big summer ahead.

Tiber

I'm all for change within the club, but Rangnick simply wasn't the man to lead it.

mu4c_20le

Some argue ETH or United didn’t want Rangnick. Maybe an alternative is that Rangnick wasn’t very interested or motivated to continue in United: He realised the mess is too big and it will take many years to bring United back in the good company.
This is bordering on Amadeus levels.

Atheist

The club has been a total disaster on this in the last 6 months. But I’m genuinely surprised there are fans who’re disappointed to see him go. He’s been an utter embarrassment as an interim manager, made us significantly worse and left us in worse shape than we were when he joined. Just because he spoke some shit about the players (which maybe true) doesn’t mean he deserved to continue in a very vague “consultancy” role.

Laurencio

While I understand that he pretty much burned all bridges at the club as interim. It really does make hiring a DOF - who hasn't managed regularly for a decade - to be an interim manager look even more idiotic and badly planned.

Let's be honest, we could have brought in Steve Bruce and he would have done a better job as interim than Rangnick.

Fooza

We'll know the real truth on how ETH does under this board, if he fails, then this situation will look even worse

So I don't know why people are so giddy of Rangnick leaving the consultancy role at the moment- it'll just go the show the board have the power still and it's run by bloody business people

Tiber

While I understand that he pretty much burned all bridges at the club as interim
It really does make hiring a DOF to be an interim manager look even more idiotic and badly planned.

Let's be honest, we could have beought in Steve Bruce and he would have done a better job as interim than Rangnick.
a random member of this forum would have done a better job.

Redlyn

His time here has been completely underwhelming. Finished by airing the club's dirty laundry. Not sure anyone is really interested to hear what he has to say going forward so it's for the best.

E-mal

It seems the decision to let him go was ETHs'. I just hope Murtough and Fletcher are up to the task with regards to a blue print.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This was always their intention. They wanted to throw the season away as soon as things unravelled with Ole, even though the season was very salvagable back in October.
They didn't, they wanted Ralf to salvage it and get top 4 but he failed miserably.

Castia

We'd be clueless if we kept him on after that shit show.

Finally the club took decisive action. There's your change.
Why in the world did we hire him for his managerial experience in the first place? He’s been basically retired from that role for years, the whole point (it seemed on paper…) was to bring him in and help the new backroom staff build a squad.

Absolute shambles.

mu4c_20le

Why in the world did we hire him for his managerial experience in the first place? He’s been basically retired from that role for years, the whole point (it seemed on paper…) was to bring him in and help the new backroom staff build a squad.

Absolute shambles.
Arnold saw and opportunity for a 2 in 1 perhaps? Do well enough and he can stay on and provide his insight and lean on his experience. No one thought he'd piss away top 4 with this squad

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I dont understand this hard on for Ralf.

Ralf Rangnick was not man utds saviour, let's just move on?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The only comparison I can make to this last 6 months is when Newcastle randomly appointed Dennis Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.